Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 02:03 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times

Advertisements

I have a serious question for those that seem to have enormous sympathy for illegal immigrants.......

Illegal immigrants are getting below market wages because they are illegal. They are not getting benefits from their employers such as insurance or 401ks. Perhaps out of fear of deportation, they tend to stick to the same parts of town, essentially making a little Mexico, crime and all.

And yet, those who want people to leave those poor illegals alone are in fact condemning them to a substandard way of life. Way to be liberal....

Old 03-27-2008, 03:07 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I have a serious question for those that seem to have enormous sympathy for illegal immigrants.......

Illegal immigrants are getting below market wages because they are illegal. They are not getting benefits from their employers such as insurance or 401ks. Perhaps out of fear of deportation, they tend to stick to the same parts of town, essentially making a little Mexico, crime and all.

And yet, those who want people to leave those poor illegals alone are in fact condemning them to a substandard way of life. Way to be liberal....
That is why Liberals advocate for a legalization program.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:09 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Do you deny that illegal aliens are responsible for or contribute to the problems Kele listed?
They have VERY minimal effect on those issues.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:10 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Easier said than done.
I see upwards of 1500 a week being deported from just the Phoenix Metro Area alone. And, there are plans to up that number substantially.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:17 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
That is why Liberals advocate for a legalization program.
So you want to reward the law breakers, leaving the ones who followed the rules to wait until we have more room for them? That just seems very Un-American to me.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:24 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post

Great question! Why on earth would anyone want to condone slavery? No, they are not the ‘free labor’ slaves of the past. They are the ‘cheap labor’ slaves of the corporate masters and special interest groups. Immigration attorneys and organizations such as La Raza, ACLU, and Chamber of Commerce are all having a field day from the illegal alien slave business. Businesses haven’t had it this good since slavery ended in 1865.

It’s ironic that the abolitionists of the past, who fought and died to end slavery, are considered the “good guys.” Yet, those opposing this modern-day form of slavery are vilified - while the slave masters are portrayed as benevolent.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:53 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
They have VERY minimal effect on those issues.
I would be much obliged if you would post a non-biased study to back your argument.

Note to you: Non-biased sources DO NOT include: the Pew Hispanic Center, the ACLU, or the Church of Morris Dees, aka the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Prove to all of us that MS-13 is completely made up of American citizens and not illegal Salvadorans with some other odd and assorted illegal aliens from south of the American border thrown into the mix and that if they were unable to add to their numbers via our porous borders, illegal gang activity would not decrease significantly.

Prove to us that the 10.5 billion dollars California taxpayers lay out every year for social services for illegal aliens is secretly going to American citizen welfare moms.

Prove to us that illegal aliens do not rape, murder, or drive drunk in this country and that they are all law-abiding citizen wannabees.

Prove to us that American public schools within heavily illegal alien populated areas are not in dire trouble. Please feel free to point out what a marvelous example of integration and diligently bookish students the LAUSD is currently producing.

Prove to us that illegal aliens are NOT overwhelming this country's hospitals and walking away without paying a red cent. Parkland Hospital in Dallas and any county hospital in Los Angeles County would be a good place to begin your research.

I'll be waiting for those non-biased reports.....

Old 03-27-2008, 06:28 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I see upwards of 1500 a week being deported from just the Phoenix Metro Area alone. And, there are plans to up that number substantially.
I have seen more in the last week than I saw in the previous month, but they were not leaving.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:52 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I have seen more in the last week than I saw in the previous month, but they were not leaving.
You living down Tucson way; remember that a generic Mestizo Mexican born in the USA but presently residing in Mx/working here would not be subject to the Employer Sanctions law-----he/she is a US citizen.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:07 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,122 times
It is pretty easy to spot an "illegal" and other Mexicans. When you see enough of them, you can tell the difference. I'm not complaining, just voicing an opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration