Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 07:07 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

ICE raids Ohio lawn and garden business, arrests 114 | Fox News

Why aren't the businesses getting busted too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 08:08 AM

84 posts, read 57,093 times
[quote=1AngryTaxPayer;
Why aren't the businesses getting busted too?[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Where's the deterrent? They'll just keep hiring

Old 06-10-2018, 09:19 AM

1,066 posts, read 629,991 times
I reported rodizio located lower Cincinnati to ice because my friend worked there and told me half the employees gave fake ssn and such, even bought homes. I gave the names of the individuals and everything. Didn’t see any news about any raids though. A lot of Guatemalins and others

3 months later, it was shut down. Lol

Old 06-10-2018, 01:08 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
ICE raids Ohio lawn and garden business, arrests 114 | Fox News

Why aren't the businesses getting busted too?
He probably had MAGA signs on his property.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:50 AM

2,921 posts, read 1,986,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
I reported rodizio located lower Cincinnati to ice because my friend worked there and told me half the employees gave fake ssn and such, even bought homes. I gave the names of the individuals and everything. Didn’t see any news about any raids though. A lot of Guatemalins and others

Good for you. My sister worked for a cannery in Pemberville, Ohio and eventually quit because they started hiring a lot of people who only spoke Spanish and she said the sexual harassment got so bad she couldn't work there any longer. She didn't know where they were from. I thought about calling ICE but since I didn't know for sure they were illegal and didn't have specifics like names like you did I decided not to waste ICE's time. For all I know they were some of the people Obama allowed in under temporary or permanent status. What a disaster he was.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:46 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
We are paying ICE so it's good to know they are doing their job.

Old 06-16-2018, 02:17 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
We are paying ICE so it's good to know they are doing their job.
ICE shouls offer rewards for reporting illegal alien invaders, and the evil businesses that hire them

Old 06-17-2018, 07:36 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
I for one, as a business owner, am thankful for undocumented workers. If it wasn't for them and the state of California helping me, I would have to pay Americans better wages, contribute to silly things like 401k, unemployment and workers' compensation funds, follow safety rules and be subjected to lawsuits the same as employers in other industries. Thank God the Democrats keep the steady flow of cheap labor coming in.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:50 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I for one, as a business owner, am thankful for undocumented workers. If it wasn't for them and the state of California helping me, I would have to pay Americans better wages, contribute to silly things like 401k, unemployment and workers' compensation funds, follow safety rules and be subjected to lawsuits the same as employers in other industries. Thank God the Democrats keep the steady flow of cheap labor coming in.
I see what you did there

Old 06-19-2018, 06:20 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post

Yes, sometimes the system works and sometimes it doesn't, certainly doesn't matter which side of the politics one subscribes to, accusations all around. Outrage on all sides of the illegal immigration issue. If one expresses compassion...fail. If one expresses condemnation...fail. The country has the rule of law policies and procedures in place...fail.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. What is the point of having the rule of law, and the policies and procedures in place if they aren't followed and subsequently enforced?

Consequences all around.

‘Utter chaos’: ICE arrests 114 workers in immigration raid at Ohio gardening company

Department of Homeland Security officials have been receiving tips into Corso’s Flower and Garden Center for years but began probing the business in October, when authorities arrested a woman suspected of operating a document mill, authorities told WNWO. The woman, Martha Buendia-Chavarria, was indicted in federal court in December of last year on charges including possessing false identity documents with an intent to transfer them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7a64ed5e030e

Last edited by HomeIsWhere...; 06-19-2018 at 06:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration