Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2020, 11:08 AM

25,584 posts, read 17,304,861 times

Advertisements

Illegal crossing in Arizona have plunged 90% as compared to last December.

That's huge. Border Patrol, whose job has become infinitely safer, credits Trump policies which require those seeking entry to wait in Mexico - and sometimes far South in Mexico - before their case is heard.

Meanwhile, it was a good week for wall building. 110 miles of new type wall have been built. 192 more miles are under construction, and 274 more miles in pre-construction.
The ends of some of these walls are 20 miles from any roads, and then there are sensors to detect transients. This is proving to be a very effective system.
https://twitter.com/USBPChief/status...75870337019905
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2020, 11:33 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,525,380 times
Fantastic News Thanks for the update

I wonder how long it's going to take the Sierra Club to clean up
all of the garbage the illegals have left behind

Old 01-27-2020, 12:48 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
The wall, Border patrol and ICE allowed to do their jobs but I would say the best way to discourage them from illegally entering the country is to take away the benefits.

Trump has been trying his best and the Dems have been fighting him tooth and nail while trying to turn public opinion against him but image when the Dems get back into power. We just might be seeing a 90% increase in illegal crossings as soon as next year while they give ICE a permanent vacation, order the Border agents to stand down and start dismantling the wall that was built.

These are scary times for the future of America.

Old 01-27-2020, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The wall, Border patrol and ICE allowed to do their jobs but I would say the best way to discourage them from illegally entering the country is to take away the benefits.

Trump has been trying his best and the Dems have been fighting him tooth and nail while trying to turn public opinion against him but image when the Dems get back into power. We just might be seeing a 90% increase in illegal crossings as soon as next year while they give ICE a permanent vacation, order the Border agents to stand down and start dismantling the wall that was built.

These are scary times for the future of America.
No, I don't think the walls will ever be torn down. Remember, Democrats wanted walls when they had power, but they had no will to make it happen. Democrats may some day control the gates, but the walls are permanent.

Old 01-27-2020, 05:25 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
No, I don't think the walls will ever be torn down. Remember, Democrats wanted walls when they had power, but they had no will to make it happen. Democrats may some day control the gates, but the walls are permanent.
Yes, the Democrats helped pass the Secure Fence Act but the walls but weren't built according to specs. Most of it was flimsy fencing that could be breached. Trump is trying to fix them and build an additional 300 miles of the good physical barriers. The Democrats don't want the good ones because they know they are very effective.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:44 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times
They are still climbing over and some cutting big holes through the metal —Why aren’t they using triple razor wire top and bottom???

Old 01-28-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
They are still climbing over and some cutting big holes through the metal —Why aren’t they using triple razor wire top and bottom???
Cutting holes? ....... That's what we keep hearing, but most of us who use tools a lot have no idea how such a thing could be done.
Climb over? ..... I couldn't climb a 30 foot wall. Maybe you could, but I couldn't, and I don't know anyone who could.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/illeg...-policy-change

Old 01-28-2020, 10:45 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
No, most aren't climbing over the good barriers nor are they cutting holes in them. I agree however, that razor wire should be installed at the top of them but they are so high it may not be necessary. The good walls also have censors installed underground so razor wire is probably not necessary at the bottom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration