Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2019, 07:02 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,554,147 times

Advertisements

Here it is on the AP. Looks likes Trumps threat to send the illegal aliens to the "sanctuary cities" paid off.
https://apnews.com/bf1ebd808c8a45f29...ign=SocialFlow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2019, 07:53 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
I don't see the problem with making the "asylum seekers" wait in Mexico. Is there any other country in the world that allows someone to present their case for asylum and then before they can be vetted and investigated they are allowed to enter that country on nothing but a promise that they will return for their case hearing?

It really is madness and the "migrants" are taking advantage of a loop hole in the system.

There are many reasons to claim asylum and it is easy to imagine the the third world horrors that some of these people are fleeing but it is not right that they march themselves through countries that do not suffer the same life threatening problems so they can get to America.

I say build the wall and let them wait on the other side in tent cities of maybe a new town could be built (by Mexico) and we can call it Trump Town.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:30 AM

62,995 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't see the problem with making the "asylum seekers" wait in Mexico. Is there any other country in the world that allows someone to present their case for asylum and then before they can be vetted and investigated they are allowed to enter that country on nothing but a promise that they will return for their case hearing?

It really is madness and the "migrants" are taking advantage of a loop hole in the system.

There are many reasons to claim asylum and it is easy to imagine the the third world horrors that some of these people are fleeing but it is not right that they march themselves through countries that do not suffer the same life threatening problems so they can get to America.

I say build the wall and let them wait on the other side in tent cities of maybe a new town could be built (by Mexico) and we can call it Trump Town.
Actually, only religious, political or sexual orientation persecution are viable reasons to seek asylum. Poverty and violence are not.

The law states that one must seek asylum in the nearest safe country or one that offers them asylum so none of these asylum seekers have a leg to stand on. Since they ignored that and are determined to enter our country instead I agree let them stay in Mexico or go back home.

The loophole that must be fixed is allowing them to claim asylum after entering our country illegally. Congress needs to get off their butts and fix that loophole.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:08 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Actually, only religious, political or sexual orientation persecution are viable reasons to seek asylum. Poverty and violence are not.

The law states that one must seek asylum in the nearest safe country or one that offers them asylum so none of these asylum seekers have a leg to stand on. Since they ignored that and are determined to enter our country instead I agree let them stay in Mexico or go back home.

The loophole that must be fixed is allowing them to claim asylum after entering our country illegally. Congress needs to get off their butts and fix that loophole.

Yes I agree, our dearly elected need to finally tackle this problem. Trump is willing to take it on and they call him the bad guy. We cannot continue to let hundreds of thousands of people into the country. They say we are on track for 1 Million so called "migrants" to get into America this year alone.

I was listening to NPR the other day and they were talking about the crisis at the border and the consensus was that we NEED the new migrants because Americans are not having enough babies to keep the population going. What? As automation takes over more and more low level jobs we will need fewer people to fill those jobs. The Dems tell us that the problem with global warming is that there are too many people so why would we want to bring millions more into our country to compete for resources which includes welfare money?

This is not going to end well for America.

I wonder what the Dems will say in 10-20 years when they are in perpetual power due to their former illegal alien dreamers voting for them again and again, as they look out over the land that used to be a shining example to the world that has now become like a second or even a third world country?

Will they be happy with what they did or will they actually admit that Trump was right and something should have been done to slow the flow?

Old 04-13-2019, 12:10 PM

62,995 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Yes I agree, our dearly elected need to finally tackle this problem. Trump is willing to take it on and they call him the bad guy. We cannot continue to let hundreds of thousands of people into the country. They say we are on track for 1 Million so called "migrants" to get into America this year alone.

I was listening to NPR the other day and they were talking about the crisis at the border and the consensus was that we NEED the new migrants because Americans are not having enough babies to keep the population going. What? As automation takes over more and more low level jobs we will need fewer people to fill those jobs. The Dems tell us that the problem with global warming is that there are too many people so why would we want to bring millions more into our country to compete for resources which includes welfare money?

This is not going to end well for America.

I wonder what the Dems will say in 10-20 years when they are in perpetual power due to their former illegal alien dreamers voting for them again and again, as they look out over the land that used to be a shining example to the world that has now become like a second or even a third world country?

Will they be happy with what they did or will they actually admit that Trump was right and something should have been done to slow the flow?
I never understood those who think we need to keep our birthrates at replacement numbers. Ideally, our population should have stabilized at much lower numbers. So much better for our environment and less depletion of our natural resources. Less competition for jobs, less crowding, less demands on our healthcare systems, schools, etc.

Add millions that are here illegally and that just compounds the problem of our population growth.

Old 04-19-2019, 08:38 PM

4,428 posts, read 5,158,907 times
It’s not better for the following however;

1. Rich people and corporate boards
2. Democratic politicians
3. Wall Street, including retirement fund managers (implicates many of us).
4. Farms, restaurants and landscaping industries reliant ONLY on exploitable labor.
5. Real Estate industry
6. Civil Rights groups hungry for donations (two faced coin)

If immigration is to be considered a tantamount cornerstone of capitalism, then forget trying to fight it. They built enough nuclear weapons to sterilize the planet 100 times over to preserve it.

Last edited by UrbanQuest; 04-19-2019 at 08:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration