Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2008, 01:29 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times

Advertisements

VDARE.com: 05/18/06 - Memo From Mexico: More Hypocrisy: How Mexico Handles Its Own Illegal Immigration

Check it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 01:46 PM

31 posts, read 66,877 times
That is a very interesting article. The main difference that I can see between what happens in Mexico, and in the US is that since jobs are so much more scarce in Mexico, of course there is going to be stricter punishment by the government. In the US, however, there are plenty of low wage jobs available - just walk into any fast food restaurant.

There is a lot that the undocumented aliens do to keep this country at the status quo - and I am not saying that is good or bad, just that is how it is. If our government really truely believed that undocumented immigrants were as big of a problem as they say during election years, something might actually change. They know that it is an integral part of our economy and keeping inflation from going through the roof, so they don't do anything.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilulissat View Post
That is a very interesting article. The main difference that I can see between what happens in Mexico, and in the US is that since jobs are so much more scarce in Mexico, of course there is going to be stricter punishment by the government. In the US, however, there are plenty of low wage jobs available - just walk into any fast food restaurant.

There is a lot that the undocumented aliens do to keep this country at the status quo - and I am not saying that is good or bad, just that is how it is. If our government really truely believed that undocumented immigrants were as big of a problem as they say during election years, something might actually change. They know that it is an integral part of our economy and keeping inflation from going through the roof, so they don't do anything.

I disagree, the slimey politicians of this day and age would much rather offend 200 million tax paying Americans than 1 illegal Mexican who might vote for them.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:10 PM

wow. you live in a different US than I do. Last time I checked, not even permanent residents could vote, let alone undocumented immigrants

Old 04-12-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilulissat View Post
wow. you live in a different US than I do. Last time I checked, not even permanent residents could vote, let alone undocumented immigrants

Check this out:

Supreme Court OKs Arizona voter ID rules : Stop The ACLU

Old 04-12-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
All that article shows is that people are worried about non-citizens voting. It doesn't give any numbers, not even estimates on the number of undocumented immigrants that try to vote. I seriously doubt the number is very high - show me some numbers from a reliable source and maybe I will believe it.

Secondly, even if 1000 undocumented immigrants were to vote, the difference is statistically not relavent.

Also, you saying that elected officials don't care about what 200 million care about versus 1 undocumented immigrant is beyond exaggeration. More likely, they care about what huge corporations care about, and that is making more money.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Mexico even expects Americans to follow it's immigration laws. Americans found working illegally in Mexico are deported and banned from reentry for at least 10 years.

Now where are all our open borders posters when it comes to this blatant hypocrisy on their own country's part?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration