Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 02:24 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times

Advertisements

NJ already has more than enough horrible drivers. When we go visit family that live there, we always dread driving in local traffic. Our family that lives there wants very much to move to another state.

Add more illegals on the roads there, a horrible situation becomes even more nightmarish. Of course their governor, Murphy, will approve this idiotic piece of legislation. He is one of the worst governors in the country. His handling of the virus was bad and pandering to people who have no business being here only makes things worse.

Of course a fish wrap like Huff Post is going to write sob stories about illegals. Complain to such fish wraps and they only double down and write even more garbage stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2021, 02:26 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
How can an insurance company sell car insurance to a person who doesn't legally have a name ?or maybe they will not be required to have insurance.
NO insurance company in the country would have a policy on an 'illegal citizen'...they couldnt do it if they wanted to, too much risk on the part of the insurance company.

Old 05-03-2021, 02:30 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
NO insurance company in the country would have a policy on an 'illegal citizen'...they couldnt do it if they wanted to, too much risk on the part of the insurance company.
No such thing as an illegal citizen but it blows my mind that any states provide driver's licences to illegal aliens.

Old 05-04-2021, 01:12 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No such thing as an illegal citizen but it blows my mind that any states provide driver's licences to illegal aliens.
Let me re phrase that...NO insurance company would underwrite an auto policy on someone not in the country legally. (too much money at stake if it was ever a factor in an accident).

I think whats more likely is, police are simply not enforcing the auto insurance laws on illegals and they are not asked for proof of insurance when they register the vehicle.

When I worked for an Adidas distribution warehouse, they hired lots of illegals to work, but they had 2 separate hiring packets...one for US citizens, and one for those here illegally...the latter group did not have to go thru the pre employment background checks or drug tests...but their starting pay was less than the US citizens group.

My ex wife worked in Human Resources there, she couldnt believe this policy when she first found out about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration