Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2009, 11:10 PM

378 posts, read 626,464 times

Advertisements

One thing I don't understand about the U.S. Government is why it doesn't let the American people vote on who comes into their country, the government just suddenly lets over millions of foreigners into your towns and cities from countries you've never heard of.

What about the Americans who want to live around their own race, and have a town or city living around their own people? Why doesn't the government care about this? I'd bet anything the people who make these policies live in upper class, gated communities, around their own race and never experience problems like illegal immigration.

Why doesn't the government let the American people vote on it, and have freedom of association?

Your opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 11:45 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
One thing I don't understand about the U.S. Government is why it doesn't let the American people vote on who comes into their country, the government just suddenly lets over millions of foreigners into your towns and cities from countries you've never heard of.

What about the Americans who want to live around their own race, and have a town or city living around their own people? Why doesn't the government care about this? I'd bet anything the people who make these policies live in upper class, gated communities, around their own race and never experience problems like illegal immigration.

Why doesn't the government let the American people vote on it, and have freedom of association?

Your opinions.
What country do you come from and have you ever visited the U.S.? America is very diverse now. To avoid living around people whom race you dont share is nearly impossible now.

I'm American (Mexican) and dont mind living around people of a different ethnicity.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:10 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post

What about the Americans who want to live around their own race, and have a town or city living around their own people? Why doesn't the government care about this?
I'd bet anything the people who make these policies live in upper class, gated communities, around their own race and never experience problems like illegal immigration.

Your opinions.
Because segregation has been over for a while now, and society is becoming more and more accepting of diversity.

That is what will make this country unique and great compared to others.
Despite what certain pessimists on here will say, from my perspective in Los Angeles, I'm seeing people of all backgrounds coexisting, and mingling! I feel like I am part of a truly diverse and equal environment(as far as work, education, friends) where people embrace their backgrounds, and we STILL get along, and I gotta say I love it.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:47 AM

243 posts, read 704,149 times
i feel that imigration shud been cearfulle chosen by profesionals.
they shud investigate the person who wants imigration. to make sur he/she is who he/she says.
they shud make sure this person wants normal life with normal work. that his/her atention is to take care of him/her self.

i do not se the difrent on a person who applay for work or for marrige. both shud be inviestigatet to make sure its a person who wnat to take care of him/her self.

if a person clear this he/she shud enter. regardless of where he/she comes from. its personalety not contry of origin who desides if he/she is a decent person and worker or kriminal.

refuges are difrent. and werry difikult. some of them may never be safe where they come from.
im not sure how to solv that.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:09 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Americans "get no vote" over who comes into their country, because a little over 200 years ago, the guys who FOUNDED their country sat down and wrote The Constitution, in which it pretty much said, in essence, that it's NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS who does, or does not, "come into their country"...in other words, Americans themselves VOLUNTARILY GAVE UP the right to 'choose' their immigrants, when they wrote the Constitution...

In retrospect, was this a wise decision, or a 'smart way' to found a nation? There are strong arguments for both a "yes" and a "no" to that question. But, for now, that's what The Constitution says...(or so it's interpreted)..that "who comes into our country" isn't up to US..it's up to GOD.

Will that CONTINUE to work? I don't know. It sure wouldn't work in starting a business, voluntarily relinquishing your right to 'pick and choose'.....but then, I suppose you could say the USA isn't a 'business'....nor even a 'normal country..it's an ongoing experiment. A nation founded under God, which now goes to great lengths to make SURE God is kept OUT of public discourse. Hmmmmm...

Old 04-12-2009, 01:53 AM

243 posts, read 704,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
A nation founded under God, which now goes to great lengths to make SURE God is kept OUT of public discourse. Hmmmmm...
Well that can be coz its now clear to se hvo religion affekts a country.
america are fighting aginst that heavy now. We have the fight against terrorist.

terrorists is a product of religon and "god" based contries.

Iran, Iraq and Israel are good examples on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration