Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2022, 11:37 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryvete View Post
What do you think of shipping them up to Canada? I believe Trudeau pledged to take in any 'refugees' who needed asylum. In that case the millions endeavouring to reach the US can be directed northward to the Canadian border and allowed across for their government to deal with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If Canada wants them let them have them.
No doubt more BS, unless they have their own insidious plans for the illegals, i.e. pawns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2022, 02:55 PM

1,108 posts, read 527,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Latinos, whites, blacks, asians all want border security.
Nope only the ones with a R in political persuasion.

Old 05-21-2022, 10:15 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,524,546 times
The latinos already here want border security. The millions of Latinos trying to get here illegally surely don't want any border security.

I'm so old, I remember when most south of the border illegals were fit young males sneaking in and trying to outrun border security. Today you have overweight moms dragging along 5 kids that just waltz across the border like they are taking a Sunday stroll.

It took 19 muslim terrorists killing almost 3,000 people for American politicians to create the Department of Homeland Security. Fentanyl coming across the border is killing 3 times that number of Americans a year. Yet our politicians are unwilling to do anything about it. I'm 100% sure than no American politician benefitted from the terrorist actions on 9/11. I just don't have that same confidence when it comes to who is benefitting from deadly drugs coming across the border.

Old 05-21-2022, 11:17 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
The latinos already here want border security. The millions of Latinos trying to get here illegally surely don't want any border security.

I'm so old, I remember when most south of the border illegals were fit young males sneaking in and trying to outrun border security. Today you have overweight moms dragging along 5 kids that just waltz across the border like they are taking a Sunday stroll.

It took 19 muslim terrorists killing almost 3,000 people for American politicians to create the Department of Homeland Security. Fentanyl coming across the border is killing 3 times that number of Americans a year. Yet our politicians are unwilling to do anything about it. I'm 100% sure than no American politician benefitted from the terrorist actions on 9/11. I just don't have that same confidence when it comes to who is benefitting from deadly drugs coming across the border.
Only some Latinos want border security. A good many of them want open borders for their ethnic group to come at will as their culture is very tribal. Many of them want amnesty for those already here illegally to. Call me unexcited and unconvinced.

Old 05-21-2022, 08:35 PM

4,413 posts, read 5,145,849 times
Hispanics and Asians, whether conservative, liberal, independent or apathetic support immigration as subtext to it being illegal or not. There are a small group within them who prefer that America be more like they envision demographically, though their numbers are small. Otherwise, lip service mostly.

Anyway, if Hispanics decide that immigration enforcement is a great thing in large numbers, does that imply that people should let their guard down. Should we say, “well their alright, let’s forget about the whole thing and open the border to them and anyone else who wants to come in”? Lol

Old 05-21-2022, 09:34 PM

344 posts, read 444,685 times
I have seen too many Latino's defend Latino's who are in the country illegally. They claim they are harmless and only contributing to our nations economy. As far as they are concerned they are the salt of the earth. Its not the point though. We have a system in place for a reason for non citizens to respect our border and immigration laws.

Old 05-22-2022, 05:59 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger500 View Post
I have seen too many Latino's defend Latino's who are in the country illegally. They claim they are harmless and only contributing to our nations economy. As far as they are concerned they are the salt of the earth. Its not the point though. We have a system in place for a reason for non citizens to respect our border and immigration laws.
That's been my experience and observation also.

Old 05-22-2022, 11:09 AM

1,719 posts, read 730,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger500 View Post
I've seen this with some of my SIL's family members on both sides of the border. They brush aside U.S. immigration laws as irrelevant and unimportant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration