Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2024, 04:18 PM

11,769 posts, read 5,783,856 times

Advertisements

[quote=ncole1;66412652]Why do anti-illegal-alien folks not realize that laws that prohibit issuance of driver's licenses to illegal aliens have effectively forced them to live in public transit rich areas since they cannot drive, and therefore are directly contributing to transit-rich cities being totally overwhelmed with such aliens?[/QUOTE

First what will they drive as they supposedly have no money. Then how can they drive when they obviously can't afford insurance and don't have the education many times to read the material and understand it even if it's given to them in their own language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2024, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
We`ll let them have guns but not driver`s licenses. God Bless the USA.
Who let them have guns Magoo? They bought them off the street from a gangbanger - probably with the Visa card we gave them.

Old 02-11-2024, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Do you really think that lack of a driver's license will cause them to self-deport, when there are places where you can get by with transit and biking?
They may not self deport but why would you want to give them one more reason to stay?

Old 02-11-2024, 04:27 PM

25,943 posts, read 22,094,372 times
Quote:
Do you really think that lack of a driver's license will cause them to self-deport, when there are places where you can get by with transit and biking?
You are talking about people who break laws every day just being in our country, and for some reason, you think they go to a big city for public transit? They drive without a license, work without authorization, drive without car insurance, and lie their butts off to milk the system.

We have more than our share in the rural areas of KS, so it isn't like I don't have a clue when it comes to their spreading like wildfire! If you want to know what KS cities they are in, check the crime statistics!

I want them to go to the big city! I don't want them here with or without a driver's license. Kansas lawmakers overrode the veto by our Democrat governor, and passed a law, I think it was last year, that says NO CITY IN KANSAS CAN BECOME A SANCTUARY CITY.

Old 02-11-2024, 07:58 PM

10,296 posts, read 6,818,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Read below

I had the same view as you, until I had a chat with our local District Attorneys.

They told me, "Right now, if you get in a collision with one of these aliens, you have to pay for everything, AND THEY WALK AWAY SCOTT FREE." You see, without a license, they have ZERO responsibility/culpability.

Now, with a license, they immediately have responsibility. No more "crash and walk away, to do it again another day." That license can be revoked. The other thing is....(and the DA office really likes this...

Is if they apply for a license, we acquire a good, current, accurate data log of:

1. Who they are.

2. How many there are.

3. Where exactly they are.

4. Tested to State standards for proficiency

5. As you stated above, they have to get insurance.

So, you see, them acquiring licenses does a couple things regarding intel, that we didn't have before. After all, they were driving anyway, so it's a good idea for them to have some proficiency.

Old 02-11-2024, 10:52 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Why do anti-illegal-alien folks not realize that laws that prohibit issuance of driver's licenses to illegal aliens have effectively forced them to live in public transit rich areas since they cannot drive, and therefore are directly contributing to transit-rich cities being totally overwhelmed with such aliens?
Um, they drive unlicensed and uninsured. The "crash and run" is a common term in some states.

I mean, your premise is that illegals are willing to come to the US illegally but wouldn't dare drive illegally or obtain a fake license?

Or try to obtain a real license under false pretenses or with bribes?

Are you isolated from people that lives lives like this? Not trying to be mean but I am at my work...but many of my relatives are laborers, I live in a relatively poor area, lots of meat packing and other similar industries with lots of "undocumented". But I work higher end white collar where everyone lives upper middle or above lives and many are unaware of life outside their burbs.

Old 02-12-2024, 07:42 AM

24,471 posts, read 17,207,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
I had the same view as you, until I had a chat with our local District Attorneys.

They told me, "Right now, if you get in a collision with one of these aliens, you have to pay for everything, AND THEY WALK AWAY SCOTT FREE." You see, without a license, they have ZERO responsibility/culpability.

Now, with a license, they immediately have responsibility. No more "crash and walk away, to do it again another day." That license can be revoked. The other thing is....(and the DA office really likes this...

Is if they apply for a license, we acquire a good, current, accurate data log of:

1. Who they are.

2. How many there are.

3. Where exactly they are.

4. Tested to State standards for proficiency

5. As you stated above, they have to get insurance.

So, you see, them acquiring licenses does a couple things regarding intel, that we didn't have before. After all, they were driving anyway, so it's a good idea for them to have some proficiency.

All of that is true and it was pounded by our elected to sell the idea of handing driver licenses to Illegals.

The idea is that before a license the Illegals were driving and if they hit you they were sent on their way while you were left to pick up the pieces. The Police even admitted that there wasn't much they could do because the Illegals would not show up to court. If the accident was severe, they could simply move away from the area and there was no way to track them.

The Illegals were living Above the Law.

None of this of course changes the FACT that they should not be here in the first place.

Old 02-12-2024, 09:13 AM

383 posts, read 397,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
All of that is true and it was pounded by our elected to sell the idea of handing driver licenses to Illegals.

The idea is that before a license the Illegals were driving and if they hit you they were sent on their way while you were left to pick up the pieces. The Police even admitted that there wasn't much they could do because the Illegals would not show up to court. If the accident was severe, they could simply move away from the area and there was no way to track them.

The Illegals were living Above the Law.

None of this of course changes the FACT that they should not be here in the first place.

The last sentence says it all !!!

Old 02-12-2024, 09:15 AM

6,416 posts, read 3,131,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Because they drive anyway, often drunk, and if you live in an area infested by them, one's insurance rates are high, and often when they strike the power poles, the power is out. I have lived it!

They go to the sanctuary cities because they offer the best deal. I have seen them interviewed, and they headed to those cities. Word of mouth travels fast in this day and age.

Where would you choose to go? $500 a night hotel rooms, debit cards, legal assistance, medical services free of charge............... These are not the Mexicans that came in poor taking lower paid jobs, but a whole new group of people that feel entitled to an "American Dream", one that they are taking from us.
Bingo!!

Old 02-12-2024, 09:31 AM

37,451 posts, read 61,360,276 times
Quote:
Why do anti-illegal-alien folks not realize that laws that prohibit issuance of driver's licenses to illegal aliens have effectively forced them to live in public transit rich areas since they cannot drive, and therefore are directly contributing to transit-rich cities being totally overwhelmed with such aliens?
I can see you have a valid point.

It takes time to learn a new language and culture before you can safely drive in a foreign nation.

I also think the far greater point is that all social services offices are in the cities.

If you can not speak the local language, then you need social workers to arrange housing, pay for it; arrange for food stamps; teach you how to use the metrobus system, etc.

I live in a small rural town. Our nearby big city has all the social services, but not here in our town.

It is obvious why they stay in the city.

Free housing, free income, free food, free medical, free travel, ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration