Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2024, 05:47 AM

9,439 posts, read 5,201,523 times

Advertisements

The problem with this is once they are here under some version of legal status, if they are in a liberal state, that state generally grants them taxpayer funded benefits, like food stamps, medicaid, etc etc. Mass. is one state I know of that does this and I am sure there are many others.
If you don't mind your tax money going to this group, then fine, but when most cities have serious issues, giving this money to people who will not work is a real slap in the face.
The only way to stop that is to vote out those who advance these policies (to support non-citizens). And we know how that goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2024, 06:06 AM

6,416 posts, read 3,131,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Illegal immigrants can`t collect freebies
They can't???

They're already being fed and most of them are being housed, here in the US, AT TAXPAYER'S EXPENSE, as well as bussed all over the country. You don't call that a "freebie"?????

Old 02-26-2024, 06:58 AM

62,879 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
They're all here just being exploited temporarily to get Trump elected then they will be deported. Obama has one of the highest deportation numbers when he ran ICE. Even if Trump loses, Biden will have to deport before his own supporters vote off the democrats in congress.
I found you first sentence to be really off the wall. Obama only deported "convicted" criminals he told Homeland Security to leave the rest alone. He also implemented DACA and DAPA ( the latter turned over by the courts) which gave a stay of deportation to millions of illegal aliens. His deportation rate was dismal.

Old 02-26-2024, 07:26 AM

23,536 posts, read 17,211,948 times
Look at what the average wage is in some of these countries and look what freebies TAXPAYERS are giving them if they arrive.

All you need to know, forget what they say, they are here for the handouts...otherwise known as BAIT!

Biden and his puppeteers and democrats need to be tried for treason. I'd call a intentional breech in national security, a TREASONOUS ACT. Aside from the persecution of a political opponent using false warrants.

Old 02-26-2024, 09:16 AM

6,416 posts, read 3,131,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Look at what the average wage is in some of these countries and look what freebies TAXPAYERS are giving them if they arrive.

All you need to know, forget what they say, they are here for the handouts...otherwise known as BAIT!

Biden and his puppeteers and democrats need to be tried for treason. I'd call a intentional breech in national security, a TREASONOUS ACT. Aside from the persecution of a political opponent using false warrants.
Well stated!!

Old 02-26-2024, 09:28 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They collect freebies through their U.S. born kids plus they use stolen documents to gain employment so what makes you think they don't don't use those same documents to gain welfare? Don't tell me that skin color has a thing to do with it either and no we don't hate them we just object to their presence here.
This is what they need to apply for assistance in California:

https://ssa.ocgov.com/cash-calfresh/...lying-calworks

Old 02-26-2024, 09:30 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
They can't???

They're already being fed and most of them are being housed, here in the US, AT TAXPAYER'S EXPENSE, as well as bussed all over the country. You don't call that a "freebie"?????
Housed in tents mostly except for the ones who are shipped to other places by a few governors who think that's clever and funny

Old 02-26-2024, 11:22 AM

3,497 posts, read 2,658,258 times
I see it here all the time for every labor-intensive work, one white guy leaning against his

pickup truck and five Latinos doing all the hard dirty work.

Old 02-26-2024, 12:10 PM

3,203 posts, read 2,482,566 times
Seattle is spending $8 to house “migrants” in a hotel during a cold snap. Now, Seattle wants the state and feds to pay to avoid their returning to the rents at the church that invited them here initially.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/ref...J42QKZZGNUPVU/

Old 02-26-2024, 12:17 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,467,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
They came across the border illegally too, under Biden*?

Anyway, I see you are deflecting and running from my comment about cities running out of money to give freebies to these phony asylum seekers and illegals.

You are the one who'd stated as a fact that they don't receive freebies, yet not only are cities now running out of money to support them, the US taxpayer has been supporting them for years to the tune of more than $100 Billion dollars per year. Seems you have been paying no attention whatsoever to what has been happening regarding this topic.

Oh lookie, another deflection. When you know your stance is based on false talking points all that you can do is to deflect, deflect, deflect.

But anyway, yes, how DID Biden* manage to steal classified docs from the SCIF while he was a senator?

I don't know why you believe that comment about classified docs belongs in this thread, unless you're claiming Biden* was an illegal alien when he'd stolen them? Or maybe that he'd had an illegal alien steal them for him?
Yes, my ancestors did their paperwork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration