Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which side do you think is the MORE "racist" side in the immigration debate?
Anti-illegal alien activists 5 13.16%
Pro-illegal alien activists 25 65.79%
Neither are racist 4 10.53%
Both are equally racist 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 12:29 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,743 times

Advertisements

Which side do you think is the "racist" side in the immigration debate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 05:58 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Which side do you think is the "racist" side in the immigration debate?
I've heard things from pro-illegals about "taking back this country" and "**** the gringos" and **** like that. Even from white people on their side. Most illegals tend to be Mexican.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:26 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
And; the pro illegal people will continue to throw that 'race card'------anymore------I toss it back into their collective faces.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:14 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Pro illegal activists are, in my opinion, extremely racist against the people that they purport to champion. How? By insisting that illegals cannot and should not learn English....the Sudanese may be able to do it, but the latinos are incapable of it --- that smacks of racism to me. Also, illegal imm. activists are fine with the idea that illegals are here to work in conditions that are dangerous and underpaid because it means cheaper services for themselves. Are we familiar with the 'strawberry' argument?

Old 07-01-2008, 09:21 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Pro illegal activists are, in my opinion, extremely racist against the people that they purport to champion. How? By insisting that illegals cannot and should not learn English....the Sudanese may be able to do it, but the latinos are incapable of it --- that smacks of racism to me. Also, illegal imm. activists are fine with the idea that illegals are here to work in conditions that are dangerous and underpaid because it means cheaper services for themselves. Are we familiar with the 'strawberry' argument?
How true! In addition, I consider those supporting illegal immigration as reprehensible as the former slave traders; with La Raza, et al. being tantamount to the African tribal leaders who sold their own people for profit.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:29 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How true! In addition, I consider those supporting illegal immigration as reprehensible as the former slave traders; with La Raza, et al. being tantamount to the African tribal leaders who sold their own people for profit.
OK, OK,......but is that necessarily 'racist'?......

Old 07-01-2008, 11:33 AM

408 posts, read 696,158 times
Woops! I accidentally cast a vote for the wrong side, I meant to vote for Pro-illegal activists. Sorry, that one lonely vote for Anti-illegal is me! and it was a mistake!

Old 07-01-2008, 11:33 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,714 times
I am SO sick of everything being about race.

Why can't it just be about people coming to our country and taking what they want without going through the necessary steps?

Why is the only argument you people can spout back, "Well, then you're a racist!"

Mother of God, it's truly tiring.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:40 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post

.Why can't it just be about people coming to our country and taking what they want without going through the necessary steps?

Mother of God, it's truly tiring.
Because if it was just "about that", it would be pretty hard to have an argument. Very FEW people, after all, are going to come right out and, with a straight face, make a case for supporting trespassers and lawbreakers. But if you can make it a 'racial' issue, then you've made it a case of the 'not-really-so-bad' trespassers, against the 'realy REALLY bad' racists. NOW, you've got a pretty good argument going.

Once I've established that you're a 'racist', you're going to have a pretty hard time criticizing me for ANYTHING I might do.

Tiring? Of course it is. But you DID ask...right?

Old 07-01-2008, 11:42 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times
LOL@ the results of the poll...very surprising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration