Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2008, 10:40 PM

299 posts, read 547,090 times

Advertisements

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk103/QuirkyCynick/Funnies/cid_000e01c670a7f9d541f089fc2b18pat.gif (broken link)

National Review Online
the corner

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Battling on Too Many Fronts [Mark Krikorian]

Here's the real reason the open-borders crowd doesn't like the many state and local efforts to limit illegal immigration:

"It's impossible for us to keep track of every local ordinance that pops up," said Chung-Wha Hong, executive director of the New York Immigration Coalition. "Advocates just feel overwhelmed, we just can't be fighting thousands of little battles.

"We would rather have a national debate on the national solution for this national problem that we have."

Not that the "national debate" has gone all that well for them, either!

07/17 09:49 AM

http://corner. nationalreview. com/post/ ?q=N2QzNDI5MDhkO TMxYjljMzVhMDRkN GM3M2MwZTY1N2I=

http://ap.google. com/article/ ALeqM5hRZ1E71NbN h0y2o5WR0BjJQuNr jQD91VGR380 (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 07:10 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky Cynick View Post
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk103/QuirkyCynick/Funnies/cid_000e01c670a7f9d541f089fc2b18pat.gif (broken link)

National Review Online
the corner

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Battling on Too Many Fronts [Mark Krikorian]

Here's the real reason the open-borders crowd doesn't like the many state and local efforts to limit illegal immigration:

"It's impossible for us to keep track of every local ordinance that pops up," said Chung-Wha Hong, executive director of the New York Immigration Coalition. "Advocates just feel overwhelmed, we just can't be fighting thousands of little battles.

"We would rather have a national debate on the national solution for this national problem that we have."

Not that the "national debate" has gone all that well for them, either!

07/17 09:49 AM

http://corner. nationalreview. com/post/ ?q=N2QzNDI5MDhkO TMxYjljMzVhMDRkN GM3M2MwZTY1N2I=

http://ap.google. com/article/ ALeqM5hRZ1E71NbN h0y2o5WR0BjJQuNr jQD91VGR380
That article confirms what I have been saying for a while now: even if most of the measures to combat the illegal immigration menace fail to pass--------enough still succeed and it is petrifying the pro illegal crowd

Old 07-18-2008, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That article confirms what I have been saying for a while now: even if most of the measures to combat the illegal immigration menace fail to pass--------enough still succeed and it is petrifying the pro illegal crowd
Isn't it great? I love how they "just don't know how they will handle it all". It warms my heart that they are seeing Americans rising up. Maybe they will learn and do the same thing in their damn countries and actually make them livable.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:39 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,406 times
Quote:
Isn't it great? I love how they "just don't know how they will handle it all". It warms my heart that they are seeing Americans rising up. Maybe they will learn and do the same thing in their damn countries and actually make them livable.
It's great, and we'll get the last laugh HAHAHA!

Old 07-18-2008, 07:51 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
You can see why it's difficult for the open borders proponents. How do you justify destroying the living standards of Americans by bringing in millions of ultra cheap laborers who cannot possibly support their large families here with the very high cost of living we have? Or how can you lie and say that legal immigration is impossible when the USA has far higher legal immigration numbers than any other nation in the world?

Or how do you justify that the USA with it's already very high immigration levels completely eliminate all immigration laws and bring in the whole impoverished population of the world for the American taxpayers to provide a nice life? Or that no other nation has the responsibility to reform and improve conditions for it's people?

Or that even though the population of the USA is one of the very fastest growing but we need to bring in many more third world immigrants to reproduce rapidly here so the population doubles again very soon and that we can destroy all our farmlands and build housing projects on them so we can keep doubling our population every few decades.

Really it's a tough job.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:16 PM

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk103/QuirkyCynick/Funnies/thwavesmiley.gif (broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You can see why it's difficult for the open borders proponents. How do you justify destroying the living standards of Americans by bringing in millions of ultra cheap laborers who cannot possibly support their large families here with the very high cost of living we have? Or how can you lie and say that legal immigration is impossible when the USA has far higher legal immigration numbers than any other nation in the world?

Or how do you justify that the USA with it's already very high immigration levels completely eliminate all immigration laws and bring in the whole impoverished population of the world for the American taxpayers to provide a nice life? Or that no other nation has the responsibility to reform and improve conditions for it's people?

Or that even though the population of the USA is one of the very fastest growing but we need to bring in many more third world immigrants to reproduce rapidly here so the population doubles again very soon and that we can destroy all our farmlands and build housing projects on them so we can keep doubling our population every few decades.

Really it's a tough job.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:21 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk103/QuirkyCynick/Funnies/thwavesmiley.gif (broken link)
You have to admit they've gog a tough job. I suspect many are on the payroll of the Mexican government though, probably getting paid nicely enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration