Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 11:29 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times

Advertisements

This poor woman has been detained by ICE, and separated from her husband and child. Let’s all forget that she and her husband are illegally living and working in this country. Let’s also forget that most likely she was using a stolen SSN. Is it my imagination, or are we seeing an increase in illegal alien sob stories lately?

I also find it interesting their child is 5, yet they have only been married for 4 years. In addition to her illegal employment, I'd bet the farm she has also been receiving welfare benefits for her anchor, and she will be released for "humanitarian" reasons.

Quote:
LAUREL - Caesar Mareno sat in the office of Peniel Christian Church on Monday with tears in his eyes. His 5-year old daughter played at his side, unaware that her mother wouldn't be coming home from work.

Maria-Elena Mareno is one of 350 people detained in a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement raid on Howard Industries Monday. Federal agents initiated the raid in the morning, executing federal warrants that allowed them to interview all plant workers to determine whether they are in the country legally.

"She called this morning," Mareno said through a translator. "She told me that she didn't know if she would be allowed to leave and to take care of the baby."
Husband told: 'Take care of the baby' | hattiesburgamerican.com | Hattiesburg American
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 11:35 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This poor woman has been detained by ICE, and separated from her husband and child. Let’s all forget that she and her husband are illegally living and working in this country. Let’s also forget that most likely she was using a stolen SSN. Is it my imagination, or are we seeing an increase in illegal alien sob stories lately?

I also find it interesting their child is 5, yet they have only been married for 4 years. In addition to her illegal employment, I'd bet the farm she has also been receiving welfare benefits for her anchor, and she will be released for "humanitarian" reasons.

Husband told: 'Take care of the baby' | hattiesburgamerican.com | Hattiesburg American
Of course she's receiving welfare that and anchorage are their primary reasons for breeding in the US.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:41 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
First of all - a five year old is hardly a baby. Is she still nursing? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Second - they can all go back to where they came from. No need to stay in this draconian, fascist country. Next!

Old 08-26-2008, 11:44 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:

Quote:
Mareno said he was waiting to hear from his wife before making any decisions about the future, although his options include returning to Mexico.

"What can I say?" he said. "Sooner or later it is going to happen. You just never figure that it will happen to you."
I have to commend him for at least considering returning to Mexico as a option. His statements lead me to suspect that he understands that living in the US illegally is wrong and that you live with the possiblity of being deported. He did not think it would happen to his family, but it has and he is planning ahead.

To me this is a bit like the criminal who recognizes that what they did was wrong and is truly sorry for what they did as opposed to the criminal who is totally unrepentant and would probably do the same crime again given the chance. I feel the family should return to Mexico. When the line forms to begin to allow people to legally return to the US, this family should be waaaaaay ahead of the people who believe they have done nothing wrong and made excuses for their illegallity. (the gringo stole their land- there! I had to get that in here)

Old 08-26-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
First of all - a five year old is hardly a baby. Is she still nursing? Yeah, I didn't think so.
Second - they can all go back to where they came from. No need to stay in this draconian, fascist country. Next!
I had the exact thought. I would think her "baby" is in kindergarten, and taking advantage of the generosity of U.S. taxpayers.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:19 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:

So......why isn't the father arrested too?

It's time they all return home to Mexico and get on with their lives there.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:22 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:

I also find it interesting their child is 5, yet they have only been married for 4 years.
This is interesing, why???? Happens all the time sweetie.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:52 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Those famous "hispanic" family values we so often hear about.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:27 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,329,701 times
Quote:
"sweetie" ? Watch our benicar- I think you have an admirer!

Old 08-27-2008, 08:16 AM

Quote:
I am well aware of the fact that it "happens all the time.” However, it is a staple of abuse for illegal aliens, who use it as a means to avail themselves of numerous freebies. They go to the welfare office seeking “help” because there is no husband, and they can’t feed their baby. They later marry, and ‘conveniently’ forget to notify social services; which enables them to continue to receive welfare while the husband works either under the table, or by using a stolen or fake SSN. It’s called “welfare fraud.” Of course, this is to be expected, given their propensity to lie, cheat, and steal; and their total disrespect for all laws in this country.

BTW, I’m not your “sweetie.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration