Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 12:58 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,448,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Sure MB has a link. Geez, Nic isn't being an illegal and/or having illegal alien relatives good enough for you?
Look at MB's handle history. They came out of nowhere this morning by starting a new thread with SPAM attached, and then went on to pepper different forums with new threads meant to invoke controversy.

Don't expect any follow up with links to things stated by someone with such a track record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 01:00 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,465,558 times
the assumption that americans are all rich and don't need or want work is not true.
they dont need or want work at mcdonalds min wage. pte no benefits. neither do mexican people and they dont stay in them long. but saying americans dont want jobs sound good and makes collusion between mexico and USA government easier and makes for a very convenient under the table NAFTA.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:10 PM

756 posts, read 2,000,825 times
It does not matter how long americans work at a plant- what matters is they have the right to work or not work!where illegals have no right to work at any job in the USA at all!!

Old 08-27-2008, 01:50 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,151,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Prices can up up as well. Example, Walmart will drop products and companies if the companies cannot meet Walmarts wholesale price demands. Companies have gone out of business because Walmart cut them...
I do not support Wal-Mart (except in an emergency) so if they went away............oh well (with all due respect to their hourly employees).

As for the putative 'need' for illegals for the USA to survive..........that I strongly doubt.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:52 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,415,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Look at MB's handle history. They came out of nowhere this morning by starting a new thread with SPAM attached, and then went on to pepper different forums with new threads meant to invoke controversy.

Don't expect any follow up with links to things stated by someone with such a track record.
Oh, I know I forgot this part at the end of my post[/end sarcasm]. I know Nic gets it!

Old 08-27-2008, 01:54 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,151,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by message board View Post
There has been tons of stories in the news about how Americans will apply and are hired into the jobs vacated by undocumented workers after they are deported. I wonder how long the American born workers last in these terrible jobs. I have read many stories that most of the American born workers who apply and are hired at meat processing plants only last for a few months at best.

Yes, the jobs were done by American born residents in the past but not as well and not as cheaply. This is why the employers are screaming so hard for hard working Latin American Workers.
Well; if your neck was on the deportation line..........you would be bustin' ass as well.

The difference is that us Americans have rights and we do not accept being treated as slaves a la Nazi Germany/antebellum South.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:04 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,234,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by message board View Post
There has been tons of stories in the news about how Americans will apply and are hired into the jobs vacated by undocumented workers after they are deported. I wonder how long the American born workers last in these terrible jobs. I have read many stories that most of the American born workers who apply and are hired at meat processing plants only last for a few months at best.

Yes, the jobs were done by American born residents in the past but not as well and not as cheaply. This is why the employers are screaming so hard for hard working Latin American Workers.
You do have facts to back of this bold faced lie of a statement don't you? Please please show us where americans needed uneducated non-english speaking low skilled laborers to teach us how to do it right. Please educate me what jobs exactly were these?

Old 08-27-2008, 02:09 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,415,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
You do have facts to back of this bold faced lie of a statement don't you? Please please show us where americans needed uneducated non-english speaking low skilled laborers to teach us how to do it right. Please educate me what jobs exactly were these?
Of course we both know that will never happen. We've had another onslaught of IA trolls lately. They come in shifts. One punches out and two punch in to replace them. Like the population of illegal counterparts, their tide ebbs and flows.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:22 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,529,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Well; if your neck was on the deportation line..........you would be bustin' ass as well.

The difference is that us Americans have rights and we do not accept being treated as slaves a la Nazi Germany/antebellum South.
Good points. Let's face it. Any employer that knowingly hires illegals is going to be totally unconcerned about working environment, protecting worker safety, etc. Since the workers are illegal, they can't protest their treatment, so if they are work round the clock, they can't complain to wage and labor . . . they can't complain to OSHA if there are safety violations . . . etc. When Americans take those jobs, management has to clean up their acts. So they have to pay fair wages and stop the mis-management. This has occurred at meat processing plants here in NC and in SC, as well. It is not true that locals won't take the jobs. They just won't work under unfair, un-safe conditions like illegals will. Americans did those jobs for decades b/f the illegals came streaming in . . .and employers got greedy.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:24 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,753,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
The illegal will work for less, the company wants the job done for less to maximizes profits, and the consumer wants the cheapest price possible.

We would have less of an illegal immigrant issue if the companies were making the same profit margins when using American workers.
There are no savings passed along to the consumer when a company hires illegal aliens--thus there is wiggle room in the profit margin to hire American workers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration