Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 03:23 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
This forum is not about Iraq. It is about immigration-whether it is legal, illegal aliens, anchor babies or foreign visas.

If JDubsmom or anyone else wants to debate Iraq-there are plenty of threads on the P & OC forum for that. This is not the place and thus why you don't see most of us discussing it here.
That is strange, I would have swore it was about massive foreign worker increase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 03:30 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,329,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
That is strange, I would have swore it was about massive foreign worker increase.
And that all falls under the topic of IMMIGRATION-thus the title of this forum.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:55 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,341,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes/no View Post

I think it's worse than that. They truly do not care. They work for their special interest masters .
Sadly you have a die hard percentage of voter's who are loyal to parties that betray them.

Cheap labor in blue collar and white collar fields is what corporations want and exactly what they will get.

Around here some new teacher jobs are now being given to legal residents . Not citizens thus no need to pay health care ,etc.
So now teacher's from around the world come and American citizen's who went to school to become teacher's wind up working as cashier's if they are lucky.

The system if given the choice will always take NON citizen over citizen as way cheaper.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
2 wrongs don't make a right do they? Any and all should be scrutinized as it is all tax payer money. I see plenty of threads bashing the war.

U just want your illegal buddies off the radar.
My illegal buddies off the radar??? That is your statement not mine.
I would like very much for our troops to come home safely. Our economy sucks and as much as a lot of people want to lay it at the feet of the illegals, that is just part of it. This war is costing more than we can continue to afford along with the loss of a lot of Service men and women. The prices are going up and everything else is going down. If it comes to the place where people cannot afford to get to work, we will be in very bad shape. We may already be there, we just have not heard about it yet.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I think it's worse than that. They truly do not care. They work for their special interest masters .
Sadly you have a die hard percentage of voter's who are loyal to parties that betray them.

Cheap labor in blue collar and white collar fields is what corporations want and exactly what they will get.

Around here some new teacher jobs are now being given to legal residents . Not citizens thus no need to pay health care ,etc.
So now teacher's from around the world come and American citizen's who went to school to become teacher's wind up working as cashier's if they are lucky.

The system if given the choice will always take NON citizen over citizen as way cheaper.
Thank you for that post, you are so correct,I too wish they would not just go for cheaper, but they are and will continue to do so.
That is why I have said that not all of our problems can be laid at the feet of the illegals, our government has not been looking out for us for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration