Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2008, 10:11 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times

Advertisements

Moreno's 10- and 12-year-old daughters testified in Pittsburg's Contra Costa Superior Court that their sworn statements accusing Elidio Gonzalez Bautista of molesting them were true.

Authorities are holding Bautista, a Mexican citizen, in a Mexico City jail on eight counts of molestation involving Moreno's two girls and their 7-year-old cousin in Antioch and Pittsburg. Prosecutors filed charges in October 2006, but the 33-year-old illegal immigrant fled the United States.

Moreno left Judge Nancy Davis Stark's courtroom in tears after the quick proceeding Tuesday.

"When they have to say the things that happened to them, it's just so hard to listen to," she said. The two girls' younger cousin did not have to testify Tuesday.

The three girls' affidavits, along with other paperwork, will most likely be sent to the Office of International Affairs in Washington, D.C., today. From there, they will be forwarded to a Mexican judge, said Contra Costa deputy district attorney Andrea Tavenier.

Based on the evidence, the Mexican judge will rule whether to extradite Bautista back to Contra Costa County.

Bautista could face 45 years to life in prison if found guilty on all charges, Tavenier said.

" I think any case where a family member so badly abuses the trust of a close family member is a horrible case," she said.

Molestation suspect faces extradition - Inside Bay Area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 09:07 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,092,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Moreno's 10- and 12-year-old daughters testified in Pittsburg's Contra Costa Superior Court that their sworn statements accusing Elidio Gonzalez Bautista of molesting them were true.

Authorities are holding Bautista, a Mexican citizen, in a Mexico City jail on eight counts of molestation involving Moreno's two girls and their 7-year-old cousin in Antioch and Pittsburg. Prosecutors filed charges in October 2006, but the 33-year-old illegal immigrant fled the United States.

Moreno left Judge Nancy Davis Stark's courtroom in tears after the quick proceeding Tuesday.

"When they have to say the things that happened to them, it's just so hard to listen to," she said. The two girls' younger cousin did not have to testify Tuesday.

The three girls' affidavits, along with other paperwork, will most likely be sent to the Office of International Affairs in Washington, D.C., today. From there, they will be forwarded to a Mexican judge, said Contra Costa deputy district attorney Andrea Tavenier.

Based on the evidence, the Mexican judge will rule whether to extradite Bautista back to Contra Costa County.

Bautista could face 45 years to life in prison if found guilty on all charges, Tavenier said.

" I think any case where a family member so badly abuses the trust of a close family member is a horrible case," she said.

Molestation suspect faces extradition - Inside Bay Area
You seem to be especially fond of the molestation posts, you may think it helps your cause, but really it is starting to seem kinky.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:26 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
You seem to be especially fond of the molestation posts, you may think it helps your cause, but really it is starting to seem kinky.
Not at all it illustrates the fact that many illegals are exactly the wrong kind of immigrant. It illustrates why there can be no amnesty and why we need to do a complete background check on all immigrants.
The only thing that is strange is the pro-illegals position of trying to justify why illegal immigration is good for us. It in fact only hurts us. In some cases they destroy lives. I can understand compassion and sympathy. But where is that compassion and sympathy for our fellow citizens. The ones who have been directly impacted by illegals and their crimes? That is where my compassion rests, My sympathy is always with americans first.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Not at all it illustrates the fact that many illegals are exactly the wrong kind of immigrant. It illustrates why there can be no amnesty and why we need to do a complete background check on all immigrants.
The only thing that is strange is the pro-illegals position of trying to justify why illegal immigration is good for us. It in fact only hurts us. In some cases they destroy lives. I can understand compassion and sympathy. But where is that compassion and sympathy for our fellow citizens. The ones who have been directly impacted by illegals and their crimes? That is where my compassion rests, My sympathy is always with americans first.
Exactly. Just when you think they can't get any more pathetic, I am now responsible for the rampid, uncontrolled sexual deviance embedded in their culture, by virtue of exposing their multitude of deviant acts. But of course nothing is ever their fault.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Tinman, I do appreciate the fact that you can post with a level head and not tossing around attacks.
There are molestors in every group of people in this and other countries, it does not matter though and it does not help to have it posted all the time just because someone is Illegal. I have tried to tell before on this forum, but I will do this foru you.
I honest to God do not know what a pro Illegal is in everyones mind.
The ones I know of and including myself do see the problem with illegal immigration but all of the hate dished out towards the illegals has only pushed the other side towards empathy for the illegals. I would feel the same way if say an African cam here and was treated horribly.
It is not the race, it is the people of all kinds, and right now it is the Mexicans that took the place of the blacks, and you know how they were treated.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Tinman, I do appreciate the fact that you can post with a level head and not tossing around attacks.
There are molestors in every group of people in this and other countries, it does not matter though and it does not help to have it posted all the time just because someone is Illegal. I have tried to tell before on this forum, but I will do this foru you.
I honest to God do not know what a pro Illegal is in everyones mind.
The ones I know of and including myself do see the problem with illegal immigration but all of the hate dished out towards the illegals has only pushed the other side towards empathy for the illegals. I would feel the same way if say an African cam here and was treated horribly.
It is not the race, it is the people of all kinds, and right now it is the Mexicans that took the place of the blacks, and you know how they were treated.
Sassy you analogy is flawed. Blacks were forced here against their wills. No choice in the matter. They were used as beasts of burden and started out behind the line of scrimage.
Illegals however force themselves upon us. They disregard our very right of self determination. The fact that they respect our rights so little emphasizes their mentality of disregard and entitlment. They feel no guilt over lives they destroy, we owe them, they have a right to a better life and are entitled to take what they need. Is this not the criminal mentality one might find in most if not all prison cells? I pity their children, I am grateful for the parents I had. The gangs that are forming are a clue to what we can expect only many times more if we don't act now rather than later. This can only change if we force the change. Money to mexico, amnesty, special treatment will only serve to embolden others who would follow.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Sassy you analogy is flawed. Blacks were forced here against their wills. No choice in the matter. They were used as beasts of burden and started out behind the line of scrimage.
Illegals however force themselves upon us. They disregard our very right of self determination. The fact that they respect our rights so little emphasizes their mentality of disregard and entitlment. They feel no guilt over lives they destroy, we owe them, they have a right to a better life and are entitled to take what they need. Is this not the criminal mentality one might find in most if not all prison cells? I pity their children, I am grateful for the parents I had. The gangs that are forming are a clue to what we can expect only many times more if we don't act now rather than later. This can only change if we force the change. Money to mexico, amnesty, special treatment will only serve to embolden others who would follow.
Just wanted to respond to the absurd comparison of Mexicans to Blacks. Mexicans are here ILLEGALLY and citizens of Mexico. Blacks were brought here ILLEGALLY and UNWILLINGLY and fought to be considered full human beings, citizens and the rights thereof.

Mexicans HAVE NO CIVIL RIGHTS IN AMERICA, and their disgusting arrogance in their pathetic attempt at usurping the civil rights movement and illegal utilization of the 14th Amendment has turned many of us against them. Just to clarify few of their pathetic schemes in pleading their non-existent case for pity, and amnesty.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
You are right that the Blacks were brought here against their will, but years after the share cropping ended they were still hung, terrorized, and to be honest there is still some of it, as sick as it is.
If the gangs start going to be the threat, there are going to be loss of life on both sides , there will be no winners only losers.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
You are right that the Blacks were brought here against their will, but years after the share cropping ended they were still hung, terrorized, and to be honest there is still some of it, as sick as it is.
If the gangs start going to be the threat, there are going to be loss of life on both sides , there will be no winners only losers.
That is why it is so important toput our foot down hard and now. I feel we should also penalize those who shelter illegals in anyway. They are fueling the problem with misplaced sympathy. How many americans need to fall victim to illegal crime before we take it seriously?

Old 09-18-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
That is why it is so important toput our foot down hard and now. I feel we should also penalize those who shelter illegals in anyway. They are fueling the problem with misplaced sympathy. How many americans need to fall victim to illegal crime before we take it seriously?
Tinman,
Even I do not know where any illegals are being sheltered, and I personally do not want to know, but of course I'm sure they have them, but I doubt very much that they talk about it.
I have never fallen victim to an illegal, have you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration