Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 12:38 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,276,566 times

Advertisements

I was waiting for someone to make the connection. With how they manipulate the mortgages and chop them up and sell pieces, we may never know just how many of the loans were to illegals. I would venture that a substantial amount were since there are tens of millions of these maggots running around and this whole mess is because of a few million mortgages. Although greed is a player, I would argue that the greed was enabled by the policies of Clinton practically dictating where mortgage lenders could lend. Not everybody deserves a house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 12:53 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
I was waiting for someone to make the connection. With how they manipulate the mortgages and chop them up and sell pieces, we may never know just how many of the loans were to illegals. I would venture that a substantial amount were since there are tens of millions of these maggots running around and this whole mess is because of a few million mortgages. Although greed is a player, I would argue that the greed was enabled by the policies of Clinton practically dictating where mortgage lenders could lend. Not everybody deserves a house.
Great post and ITA. The same analogy can be used with regards to illegal aliens thinking because they crawled through a hole in the fence or their criminal parents raced across the desert in full blown labor or brought them here as children they deserve citizenship. The delusions of grandier, arrogance and false sense of entitlement that has become acceptable as America is not only insane but the precursor to our total demise. Rep points!

Old 09-24-2008, 02:21 PM

638 posts, read 1,848,944 times
Do your research :
* It is legal for foreigners to purchase property in America.
* It is a crime to sell property to illegal aliens.

Know the difference.

Mortgage brokers who sell loans to illegal aliens are criminals. Period. Their "don't ask don't tell" policy is an attempt to feign ignorance of law. They know (and have known) exactly what they are doing, committing a crime, and when they sell (and have sold) the loans made to illegals to Fannie, etc., that's called fraud.

Be outraged, it's healthy dose of sanity.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:23 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,999 times
Is anyone really surprised at all with all of this? And now, the Dems want us to provide help to the illegals and their morgtages. Make those phone calls people and let your representatives and senators know how you feel and tell them to not ok this as long as anything about helping illegals is part of it.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:24 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Bank of the Alien (formerly known as Bank of America), Wells Fargo and Countrywide were notorious for granting loans to illegals. Surprising Wells Fargo is not part of the FBI investigation YET. I have no doubt that crooks from the other two will be part of a long line of perp walks.
I have heard it called "Bank of Amigo" as well. LOL

Old 09-24-2008, 02:26 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
I had read on Bloomberg that Janet Reno, following her bosses orders, threatened legal action against any institution that tried to "red line" the loan documents. Curious, it makes me.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I had read on Bloomberg that Janet Reno, following her bosses orders, threatened legal action against any institution that tried to "red line" the loan documents. Curious, it makes me.
Ya know, as much as many did not like the red lining stuff, we didn't have morgtage problems like we do now when we had it. I say, red line all they want if it keeps people who can't pay their bills from getting them.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:42 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Ya know, as much as many did not like the red lining stuff, we didn't have morgtage problems like we do now when we had it. I say, red line all they want if it keeps people who can't pay their bills from getting them.
Much of this mess could have been averted had they simply not authorized loans such as NINJA (no income, no job or assets). Also, they authorized loans without requiring tax returns.

In spite of stellar credit and a good income, they asked for everything but blood each time I applied for a mortgage loan. The fact that so many people were given loans who clearly could not afford them, absolutely reeks of fraud.

It’s infuriating that those of us who chose to live within our means are being forced to pay.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:45 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Much of this mess could have been averted had they simply not authorized loans such as NINJA (no income, no job or assets). Also, they authorized loans without requiring tax returns.

In spite of stellar credit and a good income, they asked for everything but blood each time I applied for a mortgage loan. The fact that so many people were given loans who clearly could not afford them, absolutely reeks of fraud.

It’s infuriating that those of us who chose to live within our means are being forced to pay.
Excellent post and spot on.

I am livid that the government would even consider bailing the mortgage companies out of this self-induced clusterf*ck.

Your tax dollars at work folks.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

I agree completely. Because of all of this, I now have to wait to go out to MO and find a home because all loans are FROZEN now. I have to wait until they get the mess cleaned up before I can move or even sell our place. I hate the fact that the powers that be caused this because of greed and because of getting illegals into their own homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration