Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 02:39 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
As our economy slips further into recession there are no jobs to stay for. They are going back home.
Some of them are leaving. Those with anchors who are receiving welfare, and food stamps have a "source of income" and are burrowing in deeper while waiting for amnesty. Keep in mind many illegal aliens have legal friends and family members aiding and abetting their presence as well.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 12-04-2008 at 03:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
You are certainly right about that. Race is an easy card to play when the conversation is not going your way. But race really isn't the issue at all when dealing with our current illegal alien woes.

It is not the public's fault that the majority of our illegals happen to be Mexican and South/Central American. It would be different if we had major illegal problems with many various ethnic groups throughout the world, but we do not. We are separated on our East and our West side by massive oceans, and the only countries we are landlocked with are Canada and Mexico. Thus the tendency for our illegals to be of Latin origin. If we were say locked in the middle of Asia, I am sure we'd be just as tenacious about removing illegal Chinese or Russians.

This is absolutely not a race issue. It is an issue purely because these people have broken and continue to break our laws which our forefathers fought and died to protect. By all means, immigrate to the United States. But do it the right way. Don't come into the country a criminal, come as a productive new member of our wonderfully diverse society.
Agreed. They have been programmed by ethnocentric groups that are funded by our tax dollars to play the race card at every turn. Their leaders (aka LaRaza, Lulac, MALDEF) have modeled their tax draining organizations after the embarrassing travesties known as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Unfortunately said groups forgot that black Americans were never illegal aliens in America.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:04 PM

1,780 posts, read 3,932,096 times
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that the "illegal immigrant" smoke screen stopped for the same reason the terrorist color-coded watches stopped: They were both scare tactics by the Republican Administration! The terrorist flags stopped being publicized as soon as Bush was elected for the second time. And now the immigrant issue is a has-been because they don't need to draw attention away from the real problems of this country in order to win the white house again!! That's my opinion and I predicted the color-coded terror watches would stop with the election and they did!

Old 12-04-2008, 03:38 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanD'Arc View Post
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that the "illegal immigrant" smoke screen stopped for the same reason the terrorist color-coded watches stopped: They were both scare tactics by the Republican Administration! The terrorist flags stopped being publicized as soon as Bush was elected for the second time. And now the immigrant issue is a has-been because they don't need to draw attention away from the real problems of this country in order to win the white house again!! That's my opinion and I predicted the color-coded terror watches would stop with the election and they did!
Illegal immigration a smoke screen? I guess we’ll have to wait for them to attempt to pass another amnesty bill for you to realize the magnitude of this problem.

I would hardly consider the presence of 20+ million foreign invaders a smoke screen, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Illegal immigration a smoke screen? I guess we’ll have to wait for them to attempt to pass another amnesty bill for you to realize the magnitude of this problem.

I would hardly consider the presence of 20+ million foreign invaders a smoke screen, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.
I couldn't agree more.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:45 PM

1,780 posts, read 3,932,096 times
Quote:

I can see how you would be confused about the intent of my post. I believe the original question had to do with why we aren't hearing about the issue any more on the news. That was my take on it.
Actually, I think people should obey the laws. There are sticky questions about the people who are already here and their children, and I don't have too many answers for that.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:47 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I couldn't agree more.
I'll second that.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:57 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,999 times
Quote:

Understand that the kool-aid tastes really good for some.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:20 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
With all that my parents and any black person in the south went through back in the early 60s, i could not imagine doing that to another person. When i talk about illegal immigration, i do so with the concern of the United States' future on my mind, not racism.
Stick to your guns when dealing with any pro illegal alien apologist.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:48 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times
OK users, here is the deal. I just spent about 30 minutes straightening this thread out so that it could continue being discussed on forum. It had been closed by another mod, most likely because no one has time to go through a thread like this and perform all of the deletions that were necessary. But since I feel like this is an important issue I took the time out to correct the thread and put it back on the board.

So please, unless you have something valid to add to this discussion do not post on this thread. If you are a troll let me tell you now, I will be giving out infractions for trolling on this thread and any other thread where you are active. And users, if you see a troll post please just ignore it. It will not last long I can assure you. This issue is serious, and I just could not have it ended because of trolls and subsequent responses to the troll posts. To many good threads die because people get sucked into the troll trap. So once again, please respect the subject matter and only post your feelings on the subject. Trolling will not be tolerated.

My sincere thanks to all who have made an effort to convey their feelings about the issue at hand. I hope to recieve more constructive feedback from this thread before it ends. So tell me, what do you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration