Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 08:03 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,289,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The thought of shooting minor children due to the stupidity of their adult guardians does not appeal to me at all either.

That stated: many probable Mexicans SOB think it is perfectly acceptable to shoot at our BP agents while said agents are on our side of the border.

Under the circumstances: it would be perfectly acceptable to carry out 'shoot to kill' orders. If a small child is sent into the line of fire by a drug dealer and accidently get hit-----------the onus would lay squarely at the feet of said drug runners.
Great way to justify it. And if the orders are "shoot to kill", a small child getting shot wouldn't be getting "accidentally hit".

That's like saying since Muslim terrorists bombed New York, it's acceptable to kill the Muslim children of insurgents because of what their parents did.

What you say is disturbing, and I thank god most decent people would be against such measures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 08:12 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,173,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Great way to justify it. And if the orders are "shoot to kill", a small child getting shot wouldn't be getting "accidentally hit".

That's like saying since Muslim terrorists bombed New York, it's acceptable to kill the Muslim children of insurgents because of what their parents did.

What you say is disturbing, and I thank god most decent people would be against such measures.
War is a very ugly thing-------------witness the need to hit Hiroshima and Nagasaki with the atomic bomb during WW II. Cruel perhaps but using that weapon effectively shortened the war and probably saved many other lives on both sides. Japan knew she was beaten and surrendered.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:52 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,248,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
What's your commentary on this? I would think you guys would be happy about this, that Mexico is preventing more illegal immigrants from coming to the U.S., because that's where a large number of them are heading.

Of course, I expect somebody to focus on some kind of negative aspect of it.
Actually Ifind it a bit hypocritical of Mexico. They hand out how to manuals to violate our immigration laws and enter illegallyand yet they are taking a hard line against illegals in their own country.
I agree with youtargeting childrenis wrong no matter how its justified by anyone. War is an ugly thing, but real soldiers the ones with honor avoid collatorals as much as is possible. As a combat vet I know first hand the crisis in faith shoot or hold . But a child is innocent and I can think of no greater sin than to kill a child just because you hate the parent.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:58 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,289,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Actually Ifind it a bit hypocritical of Mexico. They hand out how to manuals to violate our immigration laws and enter illegallyand yet they are taking a hard line against illegals in their own country.
I agree with youtargeting childrenis wrong no matter how its justified by anyone. War is an ugly thing, but real soldiers the ones with honor avoid collatorals as much as is possible. As a combat vet I know first hand the crisis in faith shoot or hold . But a child is innocent and I can think of no greater sin than to kill a child just because you hate the parent.
I think some people are taking the war analogy for illegal immigration a little too seriously.

War is conflict, not people undermining laws.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:59 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,173,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If nothing else; I will defer to what you have to say for that reason alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration