Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 05:09 PM

365 posts, read 756,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpirited1 View Post
THIS is just a sign of progress and the future of the southwest...and the more you fight...it...
the more frustrated and angry your going to be...

theres a saying thats say..
"if you cant beat them...join them"

good thing I speak spanish...and the funny thing
is they pick on me ...when I was little for speaking it...
I guess all of us hispanics..are turning from
ugly ducklings to beutiful swans...to the eyes ...of
the rich..to the politicians...commerce...

Old 03-16-2009, 05:24 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,343,196 times
enjoy your free-ride off the backs of real Americans... for now.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:27 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
This is depressing. Walmart is supposed to represent the real America and ordinary Americans, not illegal Mexican *******s who come here to steal from our country, rape our women and sell drugs to our children.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:37 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
garbage garbage garbage.

wow.

since its a hispanic themed store it now represents illegal mexicans who come here to bla bla bla. thats a large[faulty] leap in logic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
This is depressing. Walmart is supposed to represent the real America and ordinary Americans, not illegal Mexican *******s who come here to steal from our country, rape our women and sell drugs to our children.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:41 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
exactly. it will either fail or it wont.

lots of stores already exist that cater to the hispanic demographic.
FAMSA
Liborios
Rodriques or Gonzales or whatever.
Curacoa

if the community wants it, why not? they all cant be illegal. and as long as they have english reps, what the prob?

i personally dont patronize walmart, but thats for other reasons.
im sure this move might also be based on the success of their stores south of the border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Wal Mart is a private business. If it wants to put money into this, I see nothing 'wrong' here...as long as it's Wal-Mart's money.

Wal-Mart's "catering" to a segment of the population unwilling, or unmotivated, to learn to do business in English, in MY opinion, is no different from Jenny Craig "catering" to people unwilling to control their food intake....or a gardening service "catering" to those unwilling to cut their own grass...or a caterer "catering" to a host unwilling to prepare food for 300 wedding guests. If the market is out there, let them 'cater'....as long as it's not done at the expense of the taxpayer.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:50 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,637,967 times
Wal-Mart doesn't set immigration policy or enforcement. We can't possibly blame them for living up to their shareholder duties by trying to make money.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:00 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
THIS is just a sign of progress and the future of the southwest...and the more you fight...it...
the more frustrated and angry your going to be...

theres a saying thats say..
"if you cant beat them...join them"

good thing I speak spanish...and the funny thing
is they pick on me ...when I was little for speaking it...
I guess all of us hispanics..are turning from
ugly ducklings to beutiful swans...to the eyes ...of
the rich..to the politicians...commerce...
Be careful what you wish for:

The standard of beauty in Hispanic culture is white skin and blue eyes----------which cuts out most Latinos but would include many of not most Anglos.

Would you really want the USA to adopt Hispanic culture: a culture that looks down on the morenitos (little brown ones)?

I think not.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:21 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
If Walmart is indeed catering to illegals it effects taxpayers to the extent that it helps enable illegals to stay in this country and prolong the taxpayer's subsidy of the illegal's continued abuse of overcrowding ERs and bankrupting hospitals, overcrowding and ruining public schools, undercutting wages and displacing American workers, incarceration of criminal illegals, etc., etc., etc.

I guess you don't see it that way?
The way I see it is that a private business wants to deal with people who feel more comfortable speaking Spanish than English. In California, there are many businesses catering to those who prefer to conduct business in Mandarin, or Portuguese, or Tagalog, or Russian. These are private businesses, and the 'legality' of their customer base is not the issue. The issue is demand.

There are all sorts of newspapers, TV channels, etc., based in the US, catering to non-English speakers. These businesses have no power to enforce immigration law...they are in business to make money.

I see no reason to believe a person who PREFERS Spanish to English is an illegal immigrant....and neither, apparently, does Wal-Mart.

If Wal-Mart at some point decides to sell fake ID's, illicit Green Cards, etc., or begins knowingly hiring illegals, then Wal.Mart can...and should ...be prosecuted. Conducting business in Spanish is not illegal.

Wal.Mart does PLENTY of 'shifty' stuff...including selling a VAST number of wood products from China. about HALF of which is (apparently) cut illegally in the nearly lawless forests of Siberia and bought by Chinese 'brokers' on the black market. If you want to be 'disgusted' with Wal-Mart, be my guest...perhaps they deserve it. But conducting business in Spanish is still, at this point, legal.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:37 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times
I really don't care. The way I see it it's kind of like those 99 Ranch Markets here in Southern California (A full service Chinese super market written in Chinese), or the way that everything in Korea town is written in Korean. Well pretty much everyone in SoCal, things are in English, Spanish, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Hebrew, Russian, Armenian, etc. So I mean, what different does it make if a large retailer does it (99 Ranch or Walmart) or a small does (the delis on Fairfax written in Hebrew).

Old 03-16-2009, 06:46 PM

365 posts, read 756,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Be careful what you wish for:

The standard of beauty in Hispanic culture is white skin and blue eyes----------which cuts out most Latinos but would include many of not most Anglos.

Would you really want the USA to adopt Hispanic culture: a culture that looks down on the morenitos (little brown ones)?

I think not.
Lol see you dont know the mexican culture like you dont know your new adopted country "america"

from 1912-1940...the little brown people...
stood to that kind of mentality....and establish a soci-capitalisc country...
while america...demo-capitalisc..is turning against its...founding mentality..

free enterprise...and by that I mean find the cheapest way to feed
the need of consumers...when you understand that you would have understand the problems you seem to fight with so much anger..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration