Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 07:46 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You have Spanish on the brain. What about the 50 different languages people speak here besides English. Your agenda is starting to show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Did you even bother to read the chart you posted? From it I gather that poor, uneducated, spendthrift hispanics are going to be the workforce i.e. do the **** work that whites/blacks/asians just won't do.
Way to represent your people, iturbide
As a wise C D Moderator requested:

Please don't feed the Trolls

Old 03-16-2009, 08:42 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
The way I see it is that a private business wants to deal with people who feel more comfortable speaking Spanish than English. In California, there are many businesses catering to those who prefer to conduct business in Mandarin, or Portuguese, or Tagalog, or Russian. These are private businesses, and the 'legality' of their customer base is not the issue. The issue is demand.

There are all sorts of newspapers, TV channels, etc., based in the US, catering to non-English speakers. These businesses have no power to enforce immigration law...they are in business to make money.

I see no reason to believe a person who PREFERS Spanish to English is an illegal immigrant....and neither, apparently, does Wal-Mart.

If Wal-Mart at some point decides to sell fake ID's, illicit Green Cards, etc., or begins knowingly hiring illegals, then Wal.Mart can...and should ...be prosecuted. Conducting business in Spanish is not illegal.

Wal.Mart does PLENTY of 'shifty' stuff...including selling a VAST number of wood products from China. about HALF of which is (apparently) cut illegally in the nearly lawless forests of Siberia and bought by Chinese 'brokers' on the black market. If you want to be 'disgusted' with Wal-Mart, be my guest...perhaps they deserve it. But conducting business in Spanish is still, at this point, legal.
So, with over 10% of the entire population of Mexico here in the US illegally, Walmart is going to build a superstore in an area heavily infested with illegals with a 100% probability of hordes of illegals frequenting that store, and all Walmart is doing is conducting business in Spanish?

As I said, Walmart would be enabling illegal aliens to remain longer in the US which would only prolong the American taxpayers having to subsidize these illegals and all of the baggage they bring.

Wouldn't it be great if ICE raided the Walmart superstore? Talk about egg on Walmart's face. Of course, La Racist would call for the raids to stop. We could only hope, though, that customer backlash against Walmart would be severe.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:56 PM

365 posts, read 756,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
On that you and I agree. American corporations aided by politicians have enticed illegal workers to come to the US and work for the crap wages they would normally pay to an overseas sweatshop. This way, the US corp./farmer can claim they are located in the good ol' US of A without really using American workers at all.
It has been a sweet set up till now, and it needs to end both for the American blue collar worker and for the illegal workers who are getting screwed.
now were in the same picture..so lets pretend..werer both politicians..
we want to help mexico get her #$#@ togheter right? why because..
thousands of us are dying from bringing uneducated workers..right...
let it be ...in streets..hospitals..etc..etc..

because as taxpayers...were paying to be policemen for the world...while here at home where being practically sking alived...from...
greedy politicians..

what I hated is that part of the population are putting anger where it should not be..

mostly the ones that are against amnesty...havent change the politicians that brought them here...

now for illegals...where is the human side of the coin?we all do agree
their hard working forget that concept that they do work that americans wont do...but that their hard working thy are....
and should be treated as human beings...

now a lot say that there filling up are jails? why because...the head of the problem..greedy corporations have not been jank off....
so criminal....there not...
and the bad thing..is that they might learn a thing or two...in jails being housed with true criminals....and the only crime that mexican illegals..
was crossed a border that an american business was willing to cooperate by hiring him.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:03 PM

365 posts, read 756,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
So, with over 10% of the entire population of Mexico here in the US illegally, Walmart is going to build a superstore in an area heavily infested with illegals with a 100% probability of hordes of illegals frequenting that store, and all Walmart is doing is conducting business in Spanish?

As I said, Walmart would be enabling illegal aliens to remain longer in the US which would only prolong the American taxpayers having to subsidize these illegals and all of the baggage they bring.

Wouldn't it be great if ICE raided the Walmart superstore? Talk about egg on Walmart's face. Of course, La Racist would call for the raids to stop. We could only hope, though, that customer backlash against Walmart would be severe.
WMT: Summary for WAL MART STORES - Yahoo! Finance
WAL MART STORES Share Price Chart | WMT - Yahoo! Finance UK

explain this to me...
wal-mart cannabalistic policy of destroying american jobs...
have been occuring...
forget the illegals..want to chop heads...
look at this..
in 1985 one share to be owner of wal mart was $1.49 cents
in 2009 oe share was $49.24 cents...

so my friend..if youre like millions of americans
that want to solve these kind of social woes...
sell your stock...
RIGHT..NOW..OR SHUT THE
NEVER MIND...LOL..
ill stay polite..

Old 03-16-2009, 09:13 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,343,196 times
There is 1 word that you try and use that doesn't fit..
it rhymes with send.. and you are not one of them...

Old 03-16-2009, 09:13 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
There is 1 word that you try and use that doesn't fit..
it rhymes with send.. and you are not one of them...
Don't feed the Trolls.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:20 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
WMT: Summary for WAL MART STORES - Yahoo! Finance
WAL MART STORES Share Price Chart | WMT - Yahoo! Finance UK

explain this to me...
wal-mart cannabalistic policy of destroying american jobs...
have been occuring...
forget the illegals..want to chop heads...
look at this..
in 1985 one share to be owner of wal mart was $1.49 cents
in 2009 oe share was $49.24 cents...

so my friend..if youre like millions of americans
that want to solve these kind of social woes...
sell your stock...
RIGHT..NOW..OR SHUT THE
NEVER MIND...LOL..
ill stay polite..
Quit your incoherent blathering and just get on with your real agenda....amnesty peddling.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:40 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post

I couldn't agree more.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:48 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide1981 View Post
now were in the same picture..so lets pretend..werer both politicians..
we want to help mexico get her #$#@ togheter right? why because..
thousands of us are dying from bringing uneducated workers..right...
let it be ...in streets..hospitals..etc..etc..

because as taxpayers...were paying to be policemen for the world...while here at home where being practically sking alived...from...
greedy politicians..

what I hated is that part of the population are putting anger where it should not be..

mostly the ones that are against amnesty...havent change the politicians that brought them here...

now for illegals...where is the human side of the coin?we all do agree
their hard working forget that concept that they do work that americans wont do...but that their hard working thy are....
and should be treated as human beings...

now a lot say that there filling up are jails? why because...the head of the problem..greedy corporations have not been jank off....
so criminal....there not...
and the bad thing..is that they might learn a thing or two...in jails being housed with true criminals....and the only crime that mexican illegals..
was crossed a border that an american business was willing to cooperate by hiring him.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:51 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
The store might attract a lot of illegals (both employees and customers). If it does open, ICE should setup up sting operations.
Nah, Sheriff Joe hits the 'Ranch Mercado' stores - those pay off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration