Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:31 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times

Advertisements

Many would self-deport if the food stamps, free medical care, housing and anchor baby privileges were ended and jobs were not given.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 09:50 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Many would self-deport if the food stamps, free medical care, housing and anchor baby privileges were ended and jobs were not given.
As you stated.

God knows if was not wanted somewhere; I would vamoose quite quickly----------especially if there illegally in the first place.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:07 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
The deportation process of illegal aliens should be streamlined. No reason it can't be completed in 72 hours. I'd propose that they be flown back to Mexico City. Hopefully that would make it a bit harder on them to return.
Actually deported illegals should be bussed to the East or West coast and put on slow leaky cattle boats and shipped to the southernmost tip of Mexico. That would make it harder and take longer to break back into the US.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:37 AM

What is needed is CDR, Comprehensive Deportation Reform. Essentially, scumbag employers of illegals are made scared *****less over the penalties imposed for hiring illegals and quit hiring illegals, illegals are put on a speedy pathway to deportation within 72 hours after apprehension, from the tent cities on to slow leaky cattle boats to the southernmost tip of Mexico, any welfare freebies will require absolute proof of citizenship to receive, the 14th amendment will be reinterpreted as it was meant to be, retroactively, so that all children born in the US to illegal alien parents will automatically be citizens of their parents country not US citizens.

Oh yes, breaking in the first time will become a felony subject to deportation and/or jail time. This will stop IA apologists/sympathizers/enablers from claiming that breaking in is just a misdemeanor, like a speeding ticket.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
What is needed is CDR, Comprehensive Deportation Reform. Essentially, scumbag employers of illegals are made scared *****less over the penalties imposed for hiring illegals and quit hiring illegals, illegals are put on a speedy pathway to deportation within 72 hours after apprehension, from the tent cities on to slow leaky cattle boats to the southernmost tip of Mexico, any welfare freebies will require absolute proof of citizenship to receive, the 14th amendment will be reinterpreted as it was meant to be, retroactively, so that all children born in the US to illegal alien parents will automatically be citizens of their parents country not US citizens.

Oh yes, breaking in the first time will become a felony subject to deportation and/or jail time. This will stop IA apologists/sympathizers/enablers from claiming that breaking in is just a misdemeanor, like a speeding ticket.
I am definitely OK with all new Anchors born after an arbitrary date no longer receiving birthright citizenship but yanking it for the ones already here* I do have a problem with since a 'retroactive' cancellation could affect the descendants of illegal aliens from, say 100 years ago.

*needless to say: their illegal alien parents would still need to leave the USA-------and, in practice, most of the minor age Anchors would follow them out.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I am definitely OK with all new Anchors born after an arbitrary date no longer receiving birthright citizenship but yanking it for the ones already here* I do have a problem with since a 'retroactive' cancellation could affect the descendants of illegal aliens from, say 100 years ago.

*needless to say: their illegal alien parents would still need to leave the USA-------and, in practice, most of the minor age Anchors would follow them out.
I am very much aware of your position and I threw that in to make anchor's you know what pucker up. If you ask for everything up front it makes the other side more willing to compromise. Actually, I was thinking that any current anchor babies that hadn't reached 18 years would forfeit their claims to citizenship. That wouldn't affect too many descendants.

Last edited by Roguer; 04-12-2009 at 11:30 AM..

Old 04-12-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
I am very much aware of your position and I threw that in to make anchor's you know what pucker up. If you ask for everything up front it makes the other side more willing to compromise. Actually, I was thinking that any current anchor babys that hadn't reached 18 years would forfeit their claims to citizenship. That wouldn't affect too many descendants.
I may not agree 100% but; I would not argue against what you stated.

If we were dealing with only 100-200K Anchors; that would be one thing, but, millions of them are way too many and they indeed need to leave with their illegal alien parents.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:07 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,249,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
No reason it can't be completed in 72 hours.
They are being returned to the country of origin in about 48 hours

Old 04-12-2009, 06:12 PM

43 posts, read 218,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
They are being returned to the country of origin in about 48 hours
48hrs..? where do you get this figure from? what about illegal aliens from places like India or etc? It takes about 2 weeks for people from countries like these to get deported as they have to get interviewed by the respective consulate and upon issuance of a travel document or etc.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:21 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,249,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningCalm View Post
48hrs..? where do you get this figure from? what about illegal aliens from places like India or etc? It takes about 2 weeks for people from countries like these to get deported as they have to get interviewed by the respective consulate and upon issuance of a travel document or etc.
Personal involvment.

Here in AZ, those from countries south of the US Border are processed for deportment within 24 hours of detainment - then they are deported shortly there after.

Detainees from other nations such as Iran, Syria, China etc will be processed in the same time but issues relating to being delivered to the nation of origin may delay such actual deportation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration