Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 04:39 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Yes, it really was a life-altering experience for me. It made me realize that no country in the world can blend vastly different cultures and expect harmony to result.

I am not a racist, xenophobe or nativist. I am, however, intolerant of profoundly different cultures that clash with American values and traditions. I respect a Mexican's right to retain his culture, but I respectfully expect him to retain his culture IN MEXICO.
I totally understand where you are coming from and ITA with all that you have stated. As much as IA's and their supporters would like to deny the truth, the millions of stories that detail their bizarre and heinous criminal activity, their delusional sense of entitlement, as well as their day to day dysfunctional living habits defines who and what they are. The reality of this entire situation is that there's is a culture with tons of baggage all of which is detached from any form of personal responsibility, it simply does not exist anywhere in their vocabulary. Nothing is ever their fault or their responsibility, yet we are expected to welcome this 3rd world, abundantly breeding, mostly illiterate population with open arms and foot the bills for them and their vast number of second generation of culturally embedded criminal mindset all with a smile.

If we don't push back and I mean hard, we can kiss the future of our children, America and our way of life adios. Anyone wanting a glimpse into the dismal prediction of America's future, need only read some of the posts courtesy of second the generational criminals on this forum:

http://dreamact.info/forum/forumdisp...aysprune=&f=26
http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=10443

Last edited by JDubsMom; 04-19-2009 at 04:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 08:01 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimy View Post
I completely agree with what you've stated and if I may add to the bolded part...in return I expect HIM to respect MY culture. Especially when in MY country.
Quote:
Yes, it really was a life-altering experience for me. It made me realize that no country in the world can blend vastly different cultures and expect harmony to result.

I am not a racist, xenophobe or nativist. I am, however, intolerant of profoundly different cultures that clash with American values and traditions. I respect a Mexican's right to retain his culture, but I respectfully expect him to retain his culture IN MEXICO.
As all of you stated.

I used to be much more tolerant of 'multiculturalism' myself---------------no more.

Memo to legal immigrants: assimilate or else (most of whom do in all fairness).

Illegal aliens-----------------leave the USA on pain of harsh treatment by law enforcement otherwise.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:55 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimy View Post
I completely agree with what you've stated and if I may add to the bolded part...in return I expect HIM to respect MY culture. Especially when in MY country.
I fail to see how ANYONE could object to this short, eloquent post. Nevertheless, just because I 'fail to see it' doesn't mean it won't happen.

"Respect"...yes. Now THERE'S an idea ahead of its time !!!

Old 04-19-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:

I am not a racist, xenophobe or nativist. I am, however, intolerant of profoundly different cultures that clash with American values and traditions. .
Without specifically referring to any group, I agree 100% with this post, as I've repeatedly stated myself. But of course, you'll have an argument on your hands, because at this point, many of us will say that "there really ARE no specifically 'American' values or traditions.....that 'good people' exist in ALL cultures...that cultures are REALLY all pretty much equivalent to each other....that EVERYONE respects everyone ELSE, so it's high time YOU started doing the same.....and while it may be true that your neighbors' behavior annoyed you, you need to remember that YOUR behavior probably annoyed THEM as well"....or other such 'values-neutral' drivel.

Whatever argument you get, though, you won't get one from me. I KNOW that cultures aren't 'compatible', I KNOW that no culture TRULY (if it's honest with itself) regards other cultures as 'just as good as IT', and I KNOW that every culture's ultimate objective is to promote and advance ITS agenda, not that of its neighbors. That's just plain common sense..which, unfortunately, is becoming less and less common today.

Cultures don't 'co-exist' side-by-side in harmony and peace...they either 'clash' and 'rub against each other' in large or small ways....or one simply steps aside and allows the other to dominate. Common sense, and even a six-year old should be able to 'grasp' this simple truth.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:27 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
When I think of multiculturalism, I am reminded of the animal kingdom. There’s a reason they separate animals at the zoo according to species. Of course we are more adaptable than animals; nevertheless, diverse cultures will not live in harmony.

Contrary to popular opinion, we DO have an “American” culture. Those who come to this country with conflicting cultures, who refuse to adapt to our primary culture, create a hostile environment for all.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Contrary to popular opinion, we DO have an “American” culture. Those who come to this country with conflicting cultures, who refuse to adapt to our primary culture, create a hostile environment for all.
Are you saying that SOME of the folks we want to 'include' aren't all that interested in including US? That some of these folks aren't nearly as fascinated by multiculturalism as WE are?

That doesn't sound fair at ALL. It gets VERY hard, at times like this, to remember that 'we're all in this together'....but I'll TRY to keep it in mind.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:49 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Are you saying that SOME of the folks we want to 'include' aren't all that interested in including US? That some of these folks aren't nearly as fascinated by multiculturalism as WE are?
Bingo!

Old 04-19-2009, 12:06 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,945 times
Quote:
Without specifically referring to any group, I agree 100% with this post, as I've repeatedly stated myself. But of course, you'll have an argument on your hands, because at this point, many of us will say that "there really ARE no specifically 'American' values or traditions.....that 'good people' exist in ALL cultures...that cultures are REALLY all pretty much equivalent to each other....that EVERYONE respects everyone ELSE, so it's high time YOU started doing the same.....and while it may be true that your neighbors' behavior annoyed you, you need to remember that YOUR behavior probably annoyed THEM as well"....or other such 'values-neutral' drivel.

Whatever argument you get, though, you won't get one from me. I KNOW that cultures aren't 'compatible', I KNOW that no culture TRULY (if it's honest with itself) regards other cultures as 'just as good as IT', and I KNOW that every culture's ultimate objective is to promote and advance ITS agenda, not that of its neighbors. That's just plain common sense..which, unfortunately, is becoming less and less common today.

Cultures don't 'co-exist' side-by-side in harmony and peace...they either 'clash' and 'rub against each other' in large or small ways....or one simply steps aside and allows the other to dominate. Common sense, and even a six-year old should be able to 'grasp' this simple truth.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:09 PM

57 posts, read 102,015 times
Quote:

Macmeal that was beautifully said!

Old 04-28-2009, 11:49 PM

95 posts, read 130,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
In the most liberal city in America, Boulder, Colorado—rich, SUV-driving parents, sporting bumper stickers that read, “Celebrate Diversity”, whisk their kids to all-white schools and away from growing minority schools drowning in third world migrant children. Boulder City Council supports a sanctuary policy. Their crime rates, school failures, hospital costs and prison costs rose as their illegal migrant population grew. (Source:”White flight” Rocky Mountain News) Schools in Detroit, Michigan suffer 76 percent drop out/flunk out rates with a growing legal Middle Eastern immigrant population. (Source: Brian Williams, NBC Nightly News)

Yet, with our nation seething in unrest, anger and growing frustration, minority groups grow in power based on the lack of enforcement of U.S. immigration laws.

“I think this is the main impediment to getting political leaders, especially democrats to act on over-immigration,” a reader said.

http://www.examiner.com/x-3515-Denver-Political-Issues-Examiner~y2009m4d18-Multiculturalism-one-American-womans-story (http://www.examiner.com/x-3515-Denver-Political-Issues-Examiner%7Ey2009m4d18-Multiculturalism-one-American-womans-story - broken link)

I couldn't agree more. It's long past time to turn off the lamp and put a halt to ALL immigration until America can figure out who the hell we are anymore.

Wow, the author of this article, Frosty Wooldridge has a distorted view of all minorities in the U.S.,

talk about a negative doom and gloomer:

http://www.newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/frosty347.htm

"We face growing millions of Mexican illegals waving their green, white and red flags while speaking their native language. They demand amnesty and full voting rights. They force their language and culture upon our nation at breakneck speed. We face millions of displaced, jobless American blacks suffering 50 percent high school drop out rates, 50 percent fatherless children and 50 percent without jobs. We face two to three million Muslim Americans, most born outside our country-- with their own kind of anger toward America as we bomb their Muslim brothers in Iraq and Afghanistan."

Last edited by elansingghost; 04-29-2009 at 12:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration