Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 03:55 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,215,838 times

Advertisements

Grisly slayings brings Mexican drug war to US (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090418/ap_on_re_us/drug_war_the_fight_at_home - broken link)

For some who doubt just how serious the problem really is. Here is what follows or travels with illegal immigrants. Can anyone after reading this article still deny the need to control our borders? This can happen in a neighborhood near you and maybe even your neighborhood. This folks is the real face of illegal immigration.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:03 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,236,744 times
"Can anyone after reading this article still deny the need to control our borders?"

I'll bet there will be plenty that say no..I could probably name them but I bet you know who they are...

They'll be here in a few minutes...LOL

Old 04-20-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
"Can anyone after reading this article still deny the need to control our borders?"

I'll bet there will be plenty that say no..I could probably name them but I bet you know who they are...

Some say the first step is admitting that you have a problem. That means moving past the denial stage.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:08 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,406,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post

Quote:
The rise parallels a shift in illegal immigrant crossings from California and Texas to the Arizona border, where many of the same gangs transporting people transport drugs. The perpetrators are often after ransom money, for a drug load lost or from a family that paid to have a relative brought over.

The problem has earned the city the unfortunate distinction of "America's kidnapping capital" in some media accounts, even though the incidents are mostly out of sight and out of mind for law-abiding residents and overall crime, including homicides, was down last year.

Not only will they be here in a few minutes they will come armed and ready to defend the indefensible

If we don't seal the southern border and enforce our laws soon, the above will become a regular occurrence.

Great article tinman. Rep points coming your way.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 04-20-2009 at 04:20 PM..

Old 04-20-2009, 04:24 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,236,744 times
It was TV show here this weekend saying that the drug war is already here in Houston..

Old 04-20-2009, 06:18 PM

50,253 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Here is another taste of it.

High-Speed Chase Ends With 2 Crashes, Fatality - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego

Old 04-20-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
A drunken driving suspect was facing an array of criminal charges, including manslaughter, stemming from a North County police chase and traffic crash that severed one of his legs below the knee and killed another driver.Despite the disfiguring injury he suffered, 23-year-old Silvero Romero allegedly got out of his mangled sport utility vehicle and made a failed attempt to evade arrest by hobbling away from the three-vehicle wreck he caused on State Route 76 on Sunday evening, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Wow, just wow. . . . .

Old 04-20-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
And yet the pro illegal crowd still insist that illegal immigration is a victimless crime. No They claim it is the illegals who are the actual victims...
1 crime, 1 death, 1 robbery, rape,ID theft are all too many. Its time to enforce our laws with intensity and dedication.
It will cost too much? How much are the lives of the victims worth? How much did those black hawk helo's we just gave Mexico cost?
10 million a copy....The Making of a Narco State : Rolling Stone (http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/26435119/the_making_of_a_narco_state/print - broken link)
This is what we are dealing with. Some will say that we are as corrupt or more than Mexico. Could anyone imagine our own law enforcement acting in such a way? I can't.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And yet the pro illegal crowd still insist that illegal immigration is a victimless crime. No They claim it is the illegals who are the actual victims...
1 crime, 1 death, 1 robbery, rape,ID theft are all too many. Its time to enforce our laws with intensity and dedication.
It will cost too much? How much are the lives of the victims worth? How much did those black hawk helo's we just gave Mexico cost?
10 million a copy....The Making of a Narco State : Rolling Stone (http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/26435119/the_making_of_a_narco_state/print - broken link)
This is what we are dealing with. Some will say that we are as corrupt or more than Mexico. Could anyone imagine our own law enforcement acting in such a way? I can't.

Agreed. Yet some on this board continue to justify and compare the corruption in our government to that of mexico. While we acknowledge that it exists to compare it to the generational curse of corruption that mexico has existed under since it's inception is ludacris to put it mildly.

Quote:
For the next 24 hours, the cops went on a crime spree of their own. They pocketed Cartier and Rolex watches, diamond rings, mounds of pesos. They stole a honey–colored English bulldog, which was carried to the back seat of an armored police car. They dragged the prostitutes into the screening room and administered electric shocks to the men. Then they filled the swimming pool with ice and forced the men into the freezing water, as a way of extracting names and addresses from them — not to arrest other traffickers, but so police could be dispatched to their residences to steal from them as well.
Another great post and very interesting and informative link tin.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:59 PM

This what we are really dealing with. With the illegals comes the mentality that corruption and lawlessness are acceptable practices. Actions speak louder than words ever will.
How do they enter? By sneaking in, over staying VISA's or scamming a looser into sponcering them.
The thought of actually applying to enter legally does not abide within most of them. Why? Because laws are for idiots who don't cheat, lie, steal,or work for drug cartels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.