Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 08:11 AM

943 posts, read 3,160,779 times

Advertisements

The inside story of the mass of illegal and legal immigrants to America is that the powerful business interests, and the federal government that is owned lock stock and barrel by these interests, have decided that there is not enough hard working white and black native born workers to do the dirty nasty low paying jobs that need to be done to keep America moving. So they have made the necessary arrangements to allow millions of illegal aliens to come into the country.

If they really wanted to, the government could basically eliminate most illegal immigration and see to it that the illegals already here can not find a regular job and force them to leave due to lack of economy opportunity. They do not do this because the business community tells the powers that be in Washington that they need the illegal workers to keep their businesses going. They have stated quietly (off the record) that a large number of the native born Americans, who did this type of work historically, want to much money, are lazy and harder to handle than the hard working illegal mostly Hispanic workforce. So illegal immigration is allowed to continue.

To sell this plan they work with friends in the media, in academic circles, and with Hispanic groups to convince America that any limitation on illegal immigration is anti Hispanic and anti immigrant, so the people opposing the illegal aliens are sold as racists. That way they can quickly shut off debate and the flow of cheap illegal workers can continue to come in and stay.

From an employers perspective there may be some truth to their belief that American born residents are not suited for many of these jobs and the only people that will do this type of work effectively for the type of wage offered are illegal aliens. What the employer does not understand or care about is the terrible social problems their need for these illegal immigrants have caused.

Do you agree with this logic?

Last edited by Weekend Traveler; 06-02-2009 at 08:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 08:13 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Yes, I do.
It is past time for 'our' politicians to prove that they are not owned by corporations and that we the peoples best interest is held above that of the corporate elite.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:32 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
I've got a BETTER idea. Rather than import "low wage help", why don't we just re-institute slavery? That would REALLY keep costs down....The only problem is, few people today would be interested in the job of 'slave'. We'll have to search long and hard before we find some candidates...but SURELY, somewhere in the world MUST be a group of people so hungry, so miserable, and so destitute that becoming a slave in America would seem like a 'step up'. Find those people, and you've solved your problem.

Do I feel 'silly' making this point? A little, maybe....but not a whole lot sillier than I'd feel advocating the importation of huge numbers of unskilled foreign labor. Boy, that's EXACTLY what we need!

Old 06-02-2009, 08:39 AM

Please.. lets keep discussion around my original post that states the government allows illegals to come in because our leaders have decided we need the illegal labor to keep our economy moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I've got a BETTER idea. Rather than import "low wage help", why don't we just re-institute slavery? That would REALLY keep costs down....The only problem is, few people today would be interested in the job of 'slave'. We'll have to search long and hard before we find some candidates...but SURELY, somewhere in the world MUST be a group of people so hungry, so miserable, and so destitute that becoming a slave in America would seem like a 'step up'. Find those people, and you've solved your problem.

Do I feel 'silly' making this point? A little, maybe....but not a whole lot sillier than I'd feel advocating the importation of huge numbers of unskilled foreign labor. Boy, that's EXACTLY what we need!

Old 06-02-2009, 08:45 AM

804 posts, read 1,360,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
Please.. lets keep discussion around my original post that states the government allows illegals to come in because our leaders have decided we need the illegal labor to keep our economy moving.

I think you are correct, the reason illegal aliens are allowed here is because they are good for the U.S. economy, and our businesses. And the U.S. is fortunate to have leaders that understand this.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:04 AM

974 posts, read 1,587,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
I think you are correct, the reason illegal aliens are allowed here is because they are good for the U.S. economy, and our businesses. And the U.S. is fortunate to have leaders that understand this.

Come again? How are they good for our economy? By lowering wages? By using up resources intended for Citizens? I am a little confused on how they are good for us.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:16 AM

807 posts, read 1,303,112 times
Quote:
Yes, they are good for profiteering businesses and CEO's and bad for the American Worker and taxpayer.. Obviously those with vested interests in turning the U.S. into a Third World Country with NO Middle Class see great economic benefits in bringing over illegal aliens..

In this Globalization/"World is Flat" philosophy, many middle Class American manufacturing jobs have gone away and will be replaced by Service jobs as the economy will shift to a "Service-based economy".. The "Service-Based" jobs are being taken in part by Illegal Aliens.. Where does that leave American workers? I don't believe that the U.S. is "Fortunate" to have politicians that would rather line their pockets with lobbyist cash than look out for the interests of the people that Vote them in and pay their salaries in the form of higher taxes..

Old 06-02-2009, 10:05 AM

Default Government is run by businesspeople not workers

In my original post I stated that the business community who determined we needed all the cheap labor did not really care about the social and cultural impact of all these illegal aliens invading our country. They just want to make money. Most of them live in communities that are hidden from the problems of illegal immigration anyway and if they are impacted they just consider it the cost of doing business.

If you are a millionaire owner of ten fast food restaurants your main interest is keeping costs down, turnover of workers low and a steady stream of employees who will work hard, keep their nose clean and mind their own business. These in most cases are immigrants. I they are illegal or legal, you really do not care, you need hard working bodies.

I remember living in Iowa 30 years ago and the fast food restaurants were mostly high school and college aged white American born workers. I worked for one as an assistant manager. Many of my fellow employees were lazy and were always quitting and calling in sick and causing trouble. We always had a hard time finding enough workers. We had to raise wages to $3.00 over minimum wage. Then the government opened the flood gates to illegal and legal immigration and the whole thing changed. It became easier to get hard workers and we could pay minimum wage. The white (lazy) workers were replaced with immigrants and the company was happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
Come again? How are they good for our economy? By lowering wages? By using up resources intended for Citizens? I am a little confused on how they are good for us.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:13 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
Tell me about just how good they are for the US healthcare system or the public school system.

When there is no difference between the shopkeeper and the shoplifter in the eyes of the law, the end result will be something along the lines of Albania. That is the direction that people such as yourself prefer that we head.

Do you understand that if amnesty/path to citizenship/immigration reform passes it will only be because sufficient numbers of actual Americans do not have the stomach to round up and deport millions of illegal squatters? It will not happen because people, other than the illegal aliens and their enablers, think there is anything 'great' about importing millions of overwhelmingly unskilled and uneducated Third Worlders, the vast majority of whom are never going to be anything but a deadweight around the neck of US taxpayers for decades to come? As time goes on and the Third World-ization of the US continues, you will find fewer and fewer people who make a positive contribution to US society in your camp. And more and more of the illegal aliens, ie life's losers. After all, they are the ones that stand to benefit the most.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:18 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Wrong!

We do not need quasi slave labor to run this nation-----------period.

If the USA is such a bunch of pansies that we 'need' illegal aliens to wipe our collective butts----------frankly, we do not deserve to exist as a country/culture.

The cold reality, Kellem, is that Mexico needs us much than we need it---------and, Mexico knows that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration