Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 05:40 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil leftist dogma View Post
Have you ever broken a law and not been caught for it?
I doubt that I ever committed a Felony with the exception of driving way above the speed limit a few times.

And had I been caught I would have had to 'face the music'----------yet many illegals whine and scream 'racism' etc. when they get caught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 05:45 PM

122 posts, read 150,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I doubt that I ever committed a Felony with the exception of driving way above the speed limit a few times.

And had I been caught I would have had to 'face the music'----------yet many illegals whine and scream 'racism' etc. when they get caught.
Right. So you're a criminal, just like most people with cars, but I will refrain from calling you a criminal because maybe you needed to get to work or were late to pick up your kids from school. Life happens and sometimes you have to skirt the law in your own self-interest. Technically, you're a criminal. But I wouldn't use it to tarnish your name or call your character into question because providing you aren't hurting anyone, there is no need to.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:49 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,298,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
When will the laws actually start being enforced on a WIDESPREAD, REGULAR basis, if ever?

Why can't people see that illegals are not a "race" or "ethnic group" and that they don't deserve our sympathy? Why can't LAWMAKERS see it?
They are too busy seeing votes. When Obammy legalizes them and they bring their families here with them, he will have 30+ million new Democrat votes. That is all he sees. Those votes guarantee him 4 more years if we are still even a country at that point.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Right. So you're a criminal, just like most people with cars, but I will refrain from calling you a criminal because maybe you needed to get to work or were late to pick up your kids from school. Life happens and sometimes you have to skirt the law in your own self-interest. Technically, you're a criminal. But I wouldn't use it to tarnish your name or call your character into question because providing you aren't hurting anyone, there is no need to.
Would you be willing to do probable jail time for aiding/abetting an illegal alien? I sure as hell would not unless trying to protect a political refugee here illegally. Economic ones-----------no dice.

As for the driving fast thing: I am quite sure that you have done something comparable Felonious in your past assuming you are human.

Old 07-04-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Would you be willing to do probable jail time for aiding/abetting an illegal alien? I sure as hell would not unless trying to protect a political refugee here illegally. Economic ones-----------no dice.
I wouldn't, because then my own status could be up for re-evaluation. But if I were a citizen who had no chance of being deported, and if I knew that illegal alien to be a good person who is not hurting my community, then I would help him as I would help any other neighbour. In good faith.

Quote:
As for the driving fast thing: I am quite sure that you have done something comparable Felonious in your past assuming you are human.
Yes, I am a criminal too
Though, I would never commit a crime that would harm another human being because I consider those to be true crimes.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't, because then my own status could be up for re-evaluation. But if I were a citizen who had no chance of being deported, and if I knew that illegal alien to be a good person who is not hurting my community, then I would help him as I would help any other neighbour. In good faith.

Yes, I am a criminal too
Though, I would never commit a crime that would harm another human being because I consider those to be true crimes.
Helping to deport illegal aliens is not a crime. Protecting them from being picked up by LE is.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Helping to deport illegal aliens is not a crime. Protecting them from being picked up by LE is.
Illegal aliens are not hurting me. They're probably not hurting you, either.

There are certain situations where I would hide an illegal alien. I would not hide every illegal alien, I would probably not even hide most illegal aliens because it's not my business. If that young college student from Florida was being hunted down, though, and I were a goodnatured, well-rounded American citizen, you'd bet your ass I'd give him a room and a place to hide. Civil disobedience is the reason there is a United States today. There is nothing wrong with standing up for what you believe is right.

The key here is that the majority of the time, I wouldn't hide them. I'm ambivalent about them being in the country. They're not stealing any job I want, and really, there are far more natural-born American citizens who I would rather see deported than illegal aliens.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:31 PM

27 posts, read 39,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Why do people on your side then always focus on mexicans when talking generally about this issue ?
who said anything about mexicans?

Old 07-04-2009, 09:33 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,721 times
Quote:
Illegal aliens are not hurting me. They're probably not hurting you, either.
Still, EVERY illegal alien is in violation of the law whether he/she entered illegally/overstayed one's visa. Once a free pass is granted to a one or a few that'll only open the door for more to demand the same treatment. Doing so would also encourage more illegal immigration in the hopes that the some of them will also receive free passes.

If our govt. truly wants to end illegal immigration it needs to enforce the laws and end all policies that encourage illegal immigration, not by granting more free passes.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:37 PM

27 posts, read 39,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I agree. "Illegal" no longer has any meaning.
illegal does have a meaning -ask my taxpaying american daughter whos plates expired by 3 weeks and they towed her car because it was illegal- tore her car apart cuz ther might be drugs(never in her life) and just gave her so much bull**** like she committed a felony
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration