Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 06:46 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times

Advertisements

In the most liberal city in America, Boulder, Colorado—rich, SUV-driving parents, sporting bumper stickers that read, “Celebrate Diversity”, whisk their kids to all-white schools and away from growing minority schools drowning in third world migrant children. Boulder City Council supports a sanctuary policy. Their crime rates, school failures, hospital costs and prison costs rose as their illegal migrant population grew. (Source:”White flight” Rocky Mountain News) Schools in Detroit, Michigan suffer 76 percent drop out/flunk out rates with a growing legal Middle Eastern immigrant population. (Source: Brian Williams, NBC Nightly News)

Yet, with our nation seething in unrest, anger and growing frustration, minority groups grow in power based on the lack of enforcement of U.S. immigration laws.

“I think this is the main impediment to getting political leaders, especially democrats to act on over-immigration,” a reader said.

http://www.examiner.com/x-3515-Denver-Political-Issues-Examiner~y2009m4d18-Multiculturalism-one-American-womans-story (http://www.examiner.com/x-3515-Denver-Political-Issues-Examiner%7Ey2009m4d18-Multiculturalism-one-American-womans-story - broken link)

I couldn't agree more. It's long past time to turn off the lamp and put a halt to ALL immigration until America can figure out who the hell we are anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 08:56 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,945 times
Reading that woman's story reminds me so much of my own story. I had a similar experience to hers...as I too was run out of my home state by arrogant, racist, Mexican illegal immigrants.

Until you have lived and experienced it, you cannot possibly know what it's like to live within a large community of Hispanic illegal immigrants...it's astounding how they can transform a a middle-class American community into a 3rd-world Mexican slum.

Last edited by FormerCaliforniaGirl; 04-18-2009 at 09:23 PM..

Old 04-18-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Reading that woman's story reminds me so much of my own story. I had a similar experience to hers...as I too was run out of my home state by arrogant, racist, Mexican illegal immigrants.

Until you have lived and experienced it, you cannot possibly know what it's like to live within a large community of Hispanic illegal immigrants...it's astounding how they can transform a a middle-class American community into a 3rd-world slum.
I was fortunate to have sold a home and gotten out of my former neighborhood 5 years ago. My son's best friend (who is American of mexican descent) still lives there and even they are afraid as the illegal alien gangs have taken over their side of town. I can only imagine the hell you went through.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:16 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
what made america great was being an american and acting like one.
labor was honored defended celebrated and respected.
crime was evil and was quickly punished.
so were bad kids.
civil rights was designed to be a protection
it has become a misused weapon
my childhood cop heroes today would all be in jail
signed
a liberal

Old 04-18-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
what made america great was being an american and acting like one.
labor was honored defended celebrated and respected.
crime was evil and was quickly punished.
so were bad kids.
signed
a liberal
Those were the good old days, gone but for many of us they will never be forgotten.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:22 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times
So frosty woolridge(well know anti-immigrant activist) and some posters on here are making a case against all forms of immigration right?

Quote:
t’s only a matter of time if we fail to turn off the great spigot of legal and illegal immigration flooding into America. Read Mark Krikorian’s new book: THE NEW CASE AGAINST IMMIGRATION: LEGAL AND ILLEGAL. I highly recommend it. I read it cover to cover in two days as I could not put it down
Denver Political Issues Examiner: Multiculturalism: one American woman's story (http://www.examiner.com/x-3515-Denver-Political-Issues-Examiner%7Ey2009m4d18-Multiculturalism-one-American-womans-story - broken link)

Old 04-18-2009, 09:27 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
So frosty woolridge(well know anti-immigrant activist) and some posters on here are making a case against all forms of immigration right?

Denver Political Issues Examiner: Multiculturalism: one American woman's story (http://www.examiner.com/x-3515-Denver-Political-Issues-Examiner%7Ey2009m4d18-Multiculturalism-one-American-womans-story - broken link)
If things get much worse: there may indeed be a moratorium on legal immigration as well as harsh measures to staunch the illegal alien flow.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:38 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I was fortunate to have sold a home and gotten out of my former neighborhood 5 years ago. My son's best friend (who is American of mexican descent) still lives there and even they are afraid as the illegal alien gangs have taken over their side of town. I can only imagine the hell you went through.
Yes, it really was a life-altering experience for me. It made me realize that no country in the world can blend vastly different cultures and expect harmony to result.

I am not a racist, xenophobe or nativist. I am, however, intolerant of profoundly different cultures that clash with American values and traditions. I respect a Mexican's right to retain his culture, but I respectfully expect him to retain his culture IN MEXICO.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:39 PM

163 posts, read 240,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
I am not a racist, xenophobe or nativist. I am, however, intolerant of profoundly different cultures that clash with American values and traditions. I respect a Mexican's right to retain his culture, but I respectfully expect him to retain his culture IN MEXICO.
I completely agree with what you've stated and if I may add to the bolded part...in return I expect HIM to respect MY culture. Especially when in MY country.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:50 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimy View Post
I completely agree with what you've stated and if I may add to the bolded part...in return I expect HIM to respect MY culture. Especially when in MY country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration