Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 09:35 PM

160 posts, read 498,949 times

Advertisements

A lot of illegals cross the border just to give birth to ensure that there children become U.S citizens. In my opinon this law should be changed as soon as possible. If the parents are illegal so are the children, period.

This would not stop illegal immigration at all but it would deter it a good amount in my opinon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 04:10 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian of The Gulf View Post
A lot of illegals cross the border just to give birth to ensure that there children become U.S citizens. In my opinon this law should be changed as soon as possible. If the parents are illegal so are the children, period.

This would not stop illegal immigration at all but it would deter it a good amount in my opinon.
What about legal aliens who are here having their business and getting a child after being here for years and providing jobs to Citizens? People on E2 visa's haveno chance for a GC but some own a business for 10 years or longer...

I agree with you on the illegal aliens part, but the law is so wrong for certain legal aliens visa holders and not much has been done about it.

Even if their kids were born outside the USA and they turn 21, they have to get out of the country while their parents can stay as long as they own the business...some owned it for 20 yrs and when the retire they are kicked out the country...thanks for having provided jobs for 20 years and than have to leave within 2 weeks...does that sounds fair for honest people....not to me!

To: US Congress
We, the undersigned, support immigration reform that would enable E2 Treaty Investors who fulfill the criteria set out in House Bill H.R.2310 (Introduced by Congresswoman Heather Wilson R-NM) to apply for Legal Permanent Residency. This would not only provide security for the children and employees of the investors, but also generate further investment and job creation.

E2 Treaty Investors collectively invest millions of dollars across America and employ tens of thousands of U.S. citizens. We seek fairness and equality as well as a permanent future in the United States for our families.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned
E2 Treaty Investor Visa Reform Petition (http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:_7plOupxCOEJ:www.petitiononline.com/E2Reform/petition.html+E2+petition&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us - broken link)

You don't need to sign if don't want to but read the stories of people over here under this visa...it made me cry!

They pay taxes and without them more people will be out of a job...and all Obama is talking about is illegals...first legal aliens shoul be helped, after all the are legally here and didn't commit a crime!

Old 01-06-2010, 05:35 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,825 times
<<to apply for Legal Permanent Residency. >>

Is there some reason they can't apply for citizenshup? Why 'legal permanent residency,' unless they intend to return to their countries of origin anyway?

Old 01-06-2010, 06:02 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
I think US citizenship should only be granted to children of US citizens, legal permanent residents, or people here on long-term immigrant visas only. Nobody else. This would put us in line with most other western countries.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:18 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<to apply for Legal Permanent Residency. >>

Is there some reason they can't apply for citizenshup? Why 'legal permanent residency,' unless they intend to return to their countries of origin anyway?
Yes there is a reason - the E2 visa is a NON immigrant visa and is only good for 2 years (although this can and often is extended). They can't even apply for legal permanent residency - and to apply for citizenship one must FIRST be a LPR.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:29 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Change the Constitution to rid the U.S. of "anchor baby" familes and the political corruption, theft of social resources at U.S. taxpayer expense that it encourages.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:37 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
no no no, the senator or legislator who introduced the latest round of changes to the 14th made the concession that at least one parent be a citizen. only one. (probably because only one of his parents was a citizen when he was born)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I think US citizenship should only be granted to children of US citizens, legal permanent residents, or people here on long-term immigrant visas only. Nobody else. This would put us in line with most other western countries.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:40 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian of The Gulf View Post

Absolutely! I simply cannot understand why this has not been done till now.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:36 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,825 times
<<to apply for citizenship one must FIRST be a LPR.>>

Ok, thanks. Apparently the people who were here for 20 years had their visas extended up until the point they were told to leave. They must have known then that they could be denied an extension, and were subject to deportation. It seems a bit strange after 20 years, but maybe there's a reason they were denied.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:53 PM

41 posts, read 53,914 times
This needs to be changed asap. Maybe if so many illegals hadn't used the anchor baby to stay here, then others wouldn't need to suffer. Maybe that will start slowing things a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration