Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2007, 09:18 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times

Advertisements

Transcript from 5-22 Lou Dobbs:

Quote:
DOBBS: In the hundreds of pages of legislation in the Senate's grand compromise, one section addresses Mexico domestic policy, calling for strengthening, economic and social standards in Mexico, with the help of the U.S. government, and, of course, taxpayers as a way to curtail illegal immigration.

CHRISTINE ROMANS, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice over): It's called Section 413, proposed American law dealing exclusively with the domestic policy of Mexico. The theory, that helping Mexico will reduce illegal immigration.

Section 413 promises U.S. help in getting financial services to Mexico's poor and under-served populations, expanding effort to reduce the transaction costs of remittance flows, helping the Mexican government to strengthen education and job training, and increasing health care access for the poor in Mexico. And it encourages Mexico to create incentives for Mexicans to return home.

Critic says this should already be the job of the Mexican government.GEORGE GRAYSON, COLLEGE OF WILLIAM AND MARY: They spend frightfully small amounts on health care, on education, on job training. And now I think they want to pull the wool over the Americans' eyes and have American taxpayers foot the bill for responsibilities that the Mexican elite should be assuming.

ROMANS: Furthermore, Section 413 asks the U.S. Congress to ramp up the six-year-old bilateral Partnership for Prosperity and highlights the broader North American Security and Prosperity Partnership. "The U.S. and Mexico should accelerate he implementation of the Partnership for Prosperity to help generate economic growth and improve the standard of living in Mexico, which will lead to reduced migration."

TOM FITTON, JUDICIAL WATCH: They are being asked to give a rubberstamp to the Security Prosperity Partnership, the Partnership on Prosperity, and the discussions with Mexico and Canada that talk about economic, energy, transportation, health services and insurance integration.

ROMANS: Section 413 also calls for a U.S.-Mexican partnership to examine "uncompensated and burdensome health care costs incurred by the United States due to legal and illegal immigration."
They will study it and decide that there is no need for change since the US taxpayer is already picking up the tab for everything.

Quote:
ROMANS: What this means is a coordinated effort to help Mexico improve prenatal, trauma and emergency care in border areas, and a partnership between the two countries to find ways to ensure temporary workers and return injured workers to Mexico for long-term treatment -- Lou.

DOBBS: The more we look at this, the more idiotic. What in the world are these elitists -- what are they thinking about? It's incomprehensible.

ROMANS: This particular Section 413 has a lot of different things in there, from health care, to the SPP, to this bilateral agreement that's already six years old between the United States and Mexico, to lowering remittance costs so that people in the United States can send money back to Mexico more cheaply. In theory, to invest it in the Mexican economy.

DOBBS: We have -- forgive me, Christine, but we have truly entered a bizarre place, where the president of the United States, President George W. Bush, is representing the interests of Mexican citizens in this country, and Congress, our Senate, is attempting to impose a law that is appropriately the purview of the Mexican legislature.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...22/ldt.01.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 10:05 AM

452 posts, read 1,132,328 times
I have said it before and I will say it again...Genocide people!!! The elected officials in Washington with the help of criminal immigrants are committing genocide against the American Citizen/Tax Payer. In a previous thread I compared it to what Hugo is doing in Venezuela...

Quote:
Read this article about Venezuela and tell me that this is not where the U.S. is headed.

The criminal immigrants are squatters on our land, in the future they will demand more and more until we have what is happening in Venezuela. The criminal immigrants will never be happy until they force government officials to take from Legal citizens and give it to them. This behavior is already happening on a small scale and the truth to the matter is that it will continue to get worse until we the American citizens are giving up much more than what we have already given up. The criminal immigrants are flooding are hospitals, flooding are city’s, flooding are welfare system, and they are flooding morgues with American citizens because they are nothing but ignorant peasants who get behind the wheel of their van drunk on tequila and try to mow down each and every one of us as if they were playing a game. They molest are children because they are allowed to get away with it in their homeland, they have murdered American citizens by the thousands since 9/11 as if they were committing genocide on all things American, they gawk at are women as if they were watching the Titanic sink, and then they demand that we give them the very things that American citizens died defending. The criminal immigrants only value what they can take and not what they can earn.

I ask all American citizens…When is it going to be enough? When will you finally stand up and take notice that you are loosing the War for America to the invading horde. Nothing and I mean Nothing good can come of this…Nothing. Tell me please, how third world peasants can make America a better place? Tell me why we need uneducated peasants to do jobs in America? These criminal immigrants are committing genocide against all things American and they are doing it all on your watch!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/17/wo...in&oref=slogin (broken link)
http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...han-human.html

Old 05-25-2007, 10:01 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Anouther great example of our goverment representing our interests. I must have missed the phone call asking me if they can give my tax dollars to mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration