Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 05:33 PM

776 posts, read 1,275,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Two teenagers and three police officers have been indicted after an investigation into a fatal Pennsylvania beating of an illegal immigrant.
Four youths - including Donchak and Piekarsky - were previously charged in state court in connection with Ramirez's death. Piekarsky was acquitted by an all-white jury of third-degree murder and ethnic intimidation; Donchak was acquitted of aggravated assault and ethnic intimidation. Both were convicted of simple assault, which carry possible one- or two-year prison sentences.
cbsnews.com
The Pennsylvania state court system decided it was only a case of simple assault when a group of high school football players from a Pennsylvania coal mining town beat an illegal immigrant to death, killing him by stomping on his head.

Federal prosecutors are going to see if they can bring these young redneck thugs to justice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 02:27 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
That whole case is messy and it is sad to hear about that. I am saddened and amazed at the tampering of evidence involved and how long it took to indict them, as well as the charges. I don't support discrimination or hate crimes, no matter how much I am against illegal immigration. I do think illegal immigrants and immigrants period are unaware of some of the areas that they are moving to. They'll be in some of the most racist pockets of some states.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:09 PM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
I'm afraid it might have had something to do with:

25 yr old man and a 15 yr old girl friend? Maybe I'm overlooking something.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:25 PM

776 posts, read 1,275,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

Yeah, I suspect the fact that the guy had a young girlfriend had something to do with it. But if instead of a Mexican it had been a 25 year old local white guy—say, a coal miner—would he have been attacked, savagely beaten by the group, and then killed by stomping on his head?

That is the problem with passionate hate. Sometimes it goes too far.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:29 PM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
Yeah, I suspect the fact that the guy had a young girlfriend had something to do with it. But if instead of a Mexican it had been a 25 year old local white guy—say, a coal miner—would he have been attacked, savagely beaten by the group, and then killed by stomping on his head?

That is the problem with passionate hate. Sometimes it goes too far.
I dunno, outsiders aren't too welcome in small towns no matter the color especially if some 25 yr old dude is hitting on one of your buddies 15 yr old sisters.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:25 PM

313 posts, read 344,197 times
Quote:

Well, at least that's the argument of the people who wanted to justify this murder. They didn't shout "cradle robber" or anything like that. They shouted ethnic slurs.
Please, let's call it what it is.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:02 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:

Wasn't there something about him being a drug dealer or something also?

Old 01-09-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Wasn't there something about him being a drug dealer or something also?
You should be more concerned about the racist people going around kicking people's heads in.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:32 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
You should be more concerned about the racist people going around kicking people's heads in.
If he was a drug dealer? The world is a better place for his death.
You make it sound like he was an innocent victim and these boys plotted and conspired to kill him. Not so.
Do I agree with their actions? Of course not. Thats why we have cops. This individual was not some nice guy hunted down and murdered. If memory serves they had several confrontations with each other the night of the killing. Further more if I recall he kept going back after them.
The bottom line is this. He was not a nice guy, he was a bad guy.
The boys actually committed a serious crime and deserve to be punished. But this guy is no maurter. I feel no sadness about his death,he was a criminal after all. Criminals have made the choice to live a risky life style rather than living within the law.
This guy with 2 small children was out cheating on his alleged wife. He ran with people known for dealing drugs. He was a bad guy.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If he was a drug dealer? The world is a better place for his death.
You make it sound like he was an innocent victim and these boys plotted and conspired to kill him. Not so.
Do I agree with their actions? Of course not. Thats why we have cops. This individual was not some nice guy hunted down and murdered. If memory serves they had several confrontations with each other the night of the killing. Further more if I recall he kept going back after them.
The bottom line is this. He was not a nice guy, he was a bad guy.
The boys actually committed a serious crime and deserve to be punished. But this guy is no maurter. I feel no sadness about his death,he was a criminal after all. Criminals have made the choice to live a risky life style rather than living within the law.
This guy with 2 small children was out cheating on his alleged wife. He ran with people known for dealing drugs. He was a bad guy.
You don't even know what the hell you're talking about. I'm in complete disgust over you defending a group of murderers.

I'm sorry, but I'm more worried about violent murderers than someone you THINK was a drug dealer. Where was this even mentioned??
Even if he was a drug dealer, it boggles the mind that you would side with people who like to kick skulls in and yell racial slurs over a someone selling pot or something.

Get a grip! "He was a bad guy". You gotta be freaking kidding me with this crap.

The worst part is youre not even sure about what you're accusing him of. You're actively TRYING to justify what those loser hicks who deserve to be wearing high heels in prison did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration