Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 06:42 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,558,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I haven't read the article but it does sound ridiculous. I don't think they have a case.

Oh and illegal immigrants do have rights. It's called "the bill if rights" and it's in the constitution.
Too bad illegal aliens have no respect for the Rule of Law. I am outraged that tax dollars are continuously squandered on foreign interlopers. How dare they sue because THEY have violated the law by being here without authorization? That takes a heck of a lot of nerve. Furthermore, operating a motor vehicle is a privilege, not a right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 08:08 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,126,537 times
Quote:
I haven't read the article but it does sound ridiculous. I don't think they have a case.

Oh and illegal immigrants do have rights. It's called "the bill if rights" and it's in the constitution.
Correct: illegal aliens have the same rights as any other criminal, nothing more.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:16 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,708 times
The court on Thursday upheld the ruling that the immigrants didn't provide a sufficient reason to allow them to use false names.

The immigrants calling themselves John, Jane and Junior Doe filed the complaint in June 2008.

Their is no statement in the article cited that these defendents wanted to use alises.

That article was unclear that [if] the reason the Arkansas SC did not hear the case was because the defendents did not show reason why they came before the court as John, Jane, and Junior Doe.

It maybe that the court will hear the case if the defendents use their names.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:43 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,044,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
The court on Thursday upheld the ruling that the immigrants didn't provide a sufficient reason to allow them to use false names.

The immigrants calling themselves John, Jane and Junior Doe filed the complaint in June 2008.

Their is no statement in the article cited that these defendents wanted to use alises.

That article was unclear that [if] the reason the Arkansas SC did not hear the case was because the defendents did not show reason why they came before the court as John, Jane, and Junior Doe.

Furthermore, in the past illegal immigrants were allowed to posses a driver's licence, so you are right, the judge may hear their case.

Let's also remember that illegal immigrants are not doing this alone but with the help of Americans.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:45 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,044,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Correct: illegal aliens have the same rights as any other criminal, nothing more.
Illegal immigrants have the same bill of rights as anyone else on US soil.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:30 AM

61 posts, read 75,939 times
Do you want a driver’s license, no problem. Anything else? I have some personal property you can have as well if you want it. How about a portion of my money I earn every year? I forgot you already get this from me and other citizens through the taxes we pay for your illegal presence in our country. Do you have any common sense at all?

Old 04-05-2010, 06:48 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,315,893 times
Quote:
Furthermore, in the past illegal immigrants were allowed to posses a driver's licence, so you are right, the judge may hear their case.

Let's also remember that illegal immigrants are not doing this alone but with the help of Americans.
Yes, with the help of anti-American Americans but they don't count.

Last edited by chicagonut; 04-05-2010 at 08:12 AM..

Old 04-05-2010, 07:21 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,708 times
Default anti-American?

So when the Arkansas Supreme court, did not hear the John,Jane, and Junior Doe case because the defendents, did not show reason to apply using false names; the court was pro-American?

Conversely, If the ASC does hear the defendents case if they use their real names, then the court is anti-American?

Old 04-05-2010, 07:40 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,558,654 times
Quote:

1751texan, do you seriously NOT realize that a “false name” is indeed an “alias?”

Noun 1. false name - a name that has been assumed temporarily
alias, assumed name

false name - definition of false name by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:16 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,315,893 times
Quote:
So when the Arkansas Supreme court, did not hear the John,Jane, and Junior Doe case because the defendents, did not show reason to apply using false names; the court was pro-American?

Conversely, If the ASC does hear the defendents case if they use their real names, then the court is anti-American?
My response was to Zacky above in regards to illegals being able to obtain driver's licenses in some states. IMO it is anti-American to do so or to help illegals remain in this country in any way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration