Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 10:04 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,590,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
The reminder of death is present throughout their journey. There are dead bodies along the way. Sometimes the heat is too much that they get cramps on their feet and legs. It makes it even more difficult to walk but it's either you walk or you die. Sometimes coyotes leave them there to die. The constant reminder of death is always present.

Regarding the water, some leave water for them to drink, so they won't die and others poison the water to kill them.
While I certainly do not condone poisoning the water, I also do not condone aiding and abetting. They know the risks prior to attempting their trek. However, they continue to come, because the freebies they receive here far outweigh the risks inherent in their illegal journey. However, the journey can’t be too daunting given that millions have managed to make it across, and an estimated 15,000 come on a daily basis.

I’m sorry, but my compassion is limited to the children. Adults know what they’re doing. I feel the same for adults who meet their maker while illegally crossing the border as I do carjackers, burglars, and bank robbers killed during the commission of a crime. . . . NOTHING.

Remember, not all who lose their lives are coming here to work. Some are fleeing prosecution for rape and murder. In any case, unlawful behavior often results in death. It’s the nature of the beast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 09:01 AM

50,491 posts, read 47,270,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
While I certainly do not condone poisoning the water, I also do not condone aiding and abetting. They know the risks prior to attempting their trek. However, they continue to come, because the freebies they receive here far outweigh the risks inherent in their illegal journey. However, the journey can’t be too daunting given that millions have managed to make it across, and an estimated 15,000 come on a daily basis.

I’m sorry, but my compassion is limited to the children. Adults know what they’re doing. I feel the same for adults who meet their maker while illegally crossing the border as I do carjackers, burglars, and bank robbers killed during the commission of a crime. . . . NOTHING.

Remember, not all who lose their lives are coming here to work. Some are fleeing prosecution for rape and murder. In any case, unlawful behavior often results in death. It’s the nature of the beast.
I'm sure word travels fast that if you can some how get here your life will improve dramatically, at the expense of the suckers that already live here.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:05 PM

21 posts, read 27,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Are you serious? Crossing the border illegally compared to murder in the first degree...who is the real criminal? I remind you that crossing the border illegally is a misdemeanor.
Crossing the border the first time is a misdemeanor..after an illegal is caught and deported it becomes a felony if they come across the border again

Old 04-11-2010, 03:10 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,339,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm sure word travels fast that if you can some how get here your life will improve dramatically, at the expense of the suckers that already live here.
And they have absolutely no conscience about it either.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:15 PM

50,491 posts, read 47,270,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And they have absolutely no conscience about it either.
Of course not. A Nation without real "law" breeds contempt. They will keep doing whatever they can get away with until they are forced to stop that behavior.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:34 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,463,144 times
Quote:
Of course not. A Nation without real "law" breeds contempt. They will keep doing whatever they can get away with until they are forced to stop that behavior.
And that time will come........sooner or later.............there's a limit to everything.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:37 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,540,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
And that time will come........sooner or later.............there's a limit to everything.
Our border runneth over....

Old 04-22-2010, 12:31 AM

4 posts, read 3,619 times
Quote:
I've been out riding and most of those water barrels are full of holes from random shooters. The ones that don't get shot are full of mosquito larvae and other scary things.
I don't know where you live, but you are not referring to our stations. I am the president of Water Station, the group featured in the article. Occasionally one of our barrels is shot up by yahoos, but we keep them on site as long as they still hold water bottles. I have never seen any mosquito larvae in any of our stations -- I don't know any way they could get into sealed gallon jugs.

The water is depleted in three ways -- used by humans, vandalized, or lost to the environment.

I have two responses to the other posts: The first is that if you feel nothing when a human dies in the desert in the pursuit of a better life, then you are a sorry excuse for an American. You are not an example of the type of person who made this the greatest country on earth.

Second, I have read the law regarding aiding and abetting illegal immigration. I suspect the people who have tossed that term around with such wild abandon on this site have either not read it or have failed to understand it. "Aiding and abetting" illegal imigration is transporting, harboring or employing (or assisting with employment).

Even in Arizona, a state I dearly love but which is now being ruled by bullies and thugs, no one who does what we do has been arrested for aiding and abetting. The most serious charge has been littering. We have had no problems with authorities at all. We have licenses from the BLM and California State Parks and we have a cooperative agreement with the Border Patrol.

If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Ben

Old 04-22-2010, 07:20 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,339,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterStationPrez View Post
I don't know where you live, but you are not referring to our stations. I am the president of Water Station, the group featured in the article. Occasionally one of our barrels is shot up by yahoos, but we keep them on site as long as they still hold water bottles. I have never seen any mosquito larvae in any of our stations -- I don't know any way they could get into sealed gallon jugs.

The water is depleted in three ways -- used by humans, vandalized, or lost to the environment.

I have two responses to the other posts: The first is that if you feel nothing when a human dies in the desert in the pursuit of a better life, then you are a sorry excuse for an American. You are not an example of the type of person who made this the greatest country on earth.

Second, I have read the law regarding aiding and abetting illegal immigration. I suspect the people who have tossed that term around with such wild abandon on this site have either not read it or have failed to understand it. "Aiding and abetting" illegal imigration is transporting, harboring or employing (or assisting with employment).

Even in Arizona, a state I dearly love but which is now being ruled by bullies and thugs, no one who does what we do has been arrested for aiding and abetting. The most serious charge has been littering. We have had no problems with authorities at all. We have licenses from the BLM and California State Parks and we have a cooperative agreement with the Border Patrol.

Ben
So then you believe we have no right to immigration laws because some peope are stupid enough to cross the burning desert to come here illegally and might die?

As for the water stations being placed in the desert, it would be hard to prove that they were left there for illegal aliens thus a case for aiding and abetting with solid evidence to back it up wouldn't be easy. Some Americans are even dumb enough to cross the desert seeking out nature or their cars may have broken down. The water stations could be viewed as a life saving measure for those in that predicament also.

So Arizona is being ruled by bullies and thugs just because they want to rid themselves of illegal aliens and are taking the necessary steps to do so? How so?

I feel sad for anyone who has died out in the desert but when they created their own demise while doing something illegal or stupid one has to draw the line on just how much sympathy you can muster up and that doesn't make one a sorry excuse for an American either.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:59 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,463,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterStationPrez View Post

Quote:

Ben
That's like feeling sorry for a suicide bomber.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration