Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 05:44 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,538,134 times

Advertisements

AND the new AZ laws cross the Nation...let's get it roght this time. END the birthright citizenship as well. NO MORE FREEBIES FOR ILLEGALS!!!!!

Quote:
The USA keeps getting it wrong when it comes to immigration policy.

One of its biggest blunders occurred in 1980 with the Mariel boatlift, which allowed Cuba's political prisoners to leave their shores for the U.S., bringing more than 125,000 Cubans to this country. Fidel Castro took advantage of our good nature and used the boatlift as an opportunity to empty his prisons and send us criminals as well as critics.
Then, in 1986 we offered amnesty to illegal immigrants who were already living in the U.S. That amnesty process was full of fraud and did not stop employers from hiring illegal immigrants as it was intended to.
Since then, droves of illegal immigrants seeking work have continued to come into this country. And once again, amnesty is being touted as the solution.
Help Save America.

To end illegal immigration, hit employers with high fines - USATODAY.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 08:28 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
Extend that to federal, state and local government employees that provide services to illegals, thereby promoting criminal activities, and I'm in. Oh, and private "support agencies" that offer aid to criminal immigrants, especially any that provide false documentation or advice on how to circumvent our laws. Private employers that hire criminals are only a portion of the problem and motivation.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:12 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,226,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Extend that to federal, state and local government employees that provide services to illegals, thereby promoting criminal activities, and I'm in. Oh, and private "support agencies" that offer aid to criminal immigrants, especially any that provide false documentation or advice on how to circumvent our laws. Private employers that hire criminals are only a portion of the problem and motivation.
At first I was surpised to see a post actually attacking employers, until I opened the thread to find out it was just a ruse for a thread that really is about birthright and social service programs. Not surprised in the least.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:24 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,538,134 times
I believe employers should be heavily fined, jailed and licenses revoked. Starting with owners of larger corporations (McDonalds, etc) and work down to shareholders. Bet that would clean companies up pretty quickly.

And yes, birthright citizenship should be rescinded as well as social service systems reserved for those who can prove they are citizens (i.e.-birthright tourism, parents of anchor babies).

Remove the incentives and the abuse will stop.

Last edited by getout; 05-24-2010 at 09:38 AM..

Old 05-24-2010, 09:36 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,770,382 times
I LOVE it!Punish the employers who do this and end the anchor baby law.
You hit the Companies and it takes away the "race card".
These ethnic front groups screaming for amnesty,and reclaiming California,Texas..
Will have something to scream about when millions are self-deporting.
You also make ID fool-proof to assist with this and keep people from abusing the social..
Programs.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:34 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,145,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I believe employers should be heavily fined, jailed and licenses revoked. Starting with owners of larger corporations (McDonalds, etc) and work down to shareholders. Bet that would clean companies up pretty quickly.

And yes, birthright citizenship should be rescinded as well as social service systems reserved for those who can prove they are citizens (i.e.-birthright tourism, parents of anchor babies).

Remove the incentives and the abuse will stop.
Our so called leaders know this would solve it,,BUT THEY DONT WANT TO SOLVE IT THEY WANT THE ILLEGALS HERE AND WELCOME MORE.. What WE want is not important to them.....

Old 05-24-2010, 11:51 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
Attacking the employer's of illegals is a start, employement is ONE of the motivations that illegals have to break our laws. But so is a whole list of freebees, starting with free education for their children, free medical care, welfare, etc. Or to be more correct, not free but paid by someone else. Until this motivation, as well as employement of illegals is eliminated, you won't address the problem.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:09 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,841,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
well said.

Nita

Old 05-24-2010, 01:21 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,849,263 times
It seems the issue is that businesses don’t want to pay a decent wage and consumers don’t want expensive produce? Therefore, we say it's about cheap labor? Cheap labor is a big fat lie. Some companies may be making a profit off what they call "cheap labor", but the taxpayers are footing the bill.

Free medical, free education, free day care, free lunches (in Title 1 schools), etc. It's developing a third world country that doesn't value education. We've become so weak with political correctness that we don't have the will to do anything about it.

You can have an illegal that has a wife and 6 kids making $5 to $6 per hour. At that wage he is paying no income tax. He files a return and with 6 kids is getting up to $3,200 child credit. He can qualify for section 8 housing and subsidized rent, food stamps, free health care, relief from high utility bills, SSI if he becomes disabled, aged or possibly blind. All of that at the tax payers expense. He's getting the equivalent of around $20 to $30 an hour in benefits.

So, I take issue with it being called "cheap labor". They hurt our economy by taking jobs away from native workers who only have a high school diploma or less, and from students. More than that, studies have shown that they actually drive down wages of native born workers and squeeze them out of certain industries. I've read that the illegal workers cut the wages for an average native-born high school dropout by 8%. I don't, for one minute, buy that they do work that no American will do. That's been touted so much, that we now believe it.

The migration of workers 100 years ago brought skilled workers that benefited the American economy, i.e. Jewish tailors and seamstresses that helped to create NY's garment factory, Italian stonemasons and bricklayers that built some of our beautiful buildings, and German merchants, shopkeepers and artisans (a lot of that in our Texas history). Their children were, more than likely, going to grow up and become accountants, lawyers and engineers.

They didn't come here to find social services and a welfare state. They had to rely on their own resources, family, relatives, friends and, sometimes, ethical charities. Now we have the "Great Society" mentality and it's not working out so well for us. That is, also, something that might be contributing to the "they do work that Americans won't do". It's easier to get on welfare than work for minimum wage or less. Star Parker wrote a great book, Uncle Sam's Plantation, which spoke about how hard it is to get off the government dole and survive. It should be used for emergencies and have a time limit applied, not a way of life.

I am not wholly against immigration, but I think our policies need to be reformed. A fence and deportation is not going to fix it. We need to reshape our policy around what is good for our economy by welcoming workers that we truly need in exchange for those that offer so little, who are likely to cost us more than what they contribute and who will, more than likely, struggle for years to find their place here.

We can say that is not Christian charity, but where has it gotten us? - scared of the drug cartels and other crimes in Arizona, Texas, etc. Christians recognize that we must also do what is right for the good of the person - if they are not going to become good citizens, they need to be deported. Isn't there a scripture that talks about taking two or three witnesses and if that person doesn't listen, they will be shown the door of the church? It's the same thing to me. We are not keeping our country safe soft gloving the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration