Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 03:55 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,973,693 times

Advertisements

LOL at all forms of the government.

LA and other cities telling Arizona;
"We don't like what you are doing! And you aren't going to get away it! We are going to ignore you! HA!"

Arizona
"Ok, you know we control your power. You can ignore me all you want until you start bragging about it too loudly. Cause if you do...lights out *******."

This is like high school drama. Just let Arizona do what they want. Who are cities in other states to make opinion over a different states decision? Isn't the federal governments job to make opinion over such issues? Oh yea, they can't on this so LA and other cities have to do it for them. Lame.

I'm all in favor for this law. Lets see how it goes before making any decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 06:13 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
Arizona did NOT threaten to cut off power to LA. The entire MSM got it wrong. The corporate commissioner in Arizona basically wrote Villar to put his money where his mouth is and offer to renegotiate the contracts LA has with AZ for power to get out of them. The commissioner would then encourage the power companies to let LA out of their contracts... in other words, if you want to boycott AZ, then boycott AZ.

Dumbazz Villar's response didn't even address what was said in the letter from AZ.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:16 PM

81 posts, read 285,291 times
It's time for true energy independence! We should not be relying on foreign states for our energy needs! Let's tap California's potential!

Old 05-19-2010, 08:33 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Arizona did NOT threaten to cut off power to LA. The entire MSM got it wrong. The corporate commissioner in Arizona basically wrote Villar to put his money where his mouth is and offer to renegotiate the contracts LA has with AZ for power to get out of them. The commissioner would then encourage the power companies to let LA out of their contracts... in other words, if you want to boycott AZ, then boycott AZ.

Dumbazz Villar's response didn't even address what was said in the letter from AZ.
I think Los Angeles and mayor Villaraigosa "put his money where his mouth is" by boycotting Arizona. Why would Los Angeles want to renegotiate out of its ownership of 2 power companies in Arizona? I don't think the "entire MSM go it wrong" but I think you did.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:07 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
I often wonder if any politician or news dept reads the posts on cd.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:37 PM

92 posts, read 351,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
That's one elected Arizona commissioner among 5 who is pandering as politicians are prone to do. But he fails to explain how Arizona will make up the lost revenue by not selling electricity to Los Angeles. Looks like he is willing to hurt Arizona all the more! Not very smart. BTW three more cities have join the call to boycott Arizona: Austin, Berkeley and Seattle. Sounds like Arizona will have to boycott cities all over the nation in their feeble attempt to justify a dumb law.
That's because those three cities you've listed are lefty liberal blue cities. Liberal and bendovers like L.A. to all the illegal immigrants, esp from mexico.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:44 PM

I'm sick and tired of mexico's president calderon whining to Obummer about how "unfair" mexican illgeal immigrants are treated in this country. If that hypocrit wants to complain, how about mexico look at how they treat immigrants in their OWN country!? They force immigrants to write an essay of how they can contribute to mexico's economy. They do NOT provide free health care benefits to immigrants in mexico. You have to provide your own insurance and money. I wish there were cops and workers who spoke English to pander to Americans who travel to mexico. I wonder why there are machine guns pointed at Guatemala's border to prevent their illegal immigrants from entering mexico. Mexico government should shut the f--k up and clean up their own country before crying "racist."

Old 05-19-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
The los angeles city council & mayor are a joke. They are the laughing stock of the world. SAD!!!!
California, esp lost angeles (smell-A) government is a complete circus! I used to live in smell-A and people there were arrogant, clueless empy-headed people.

This is why California is facing a huge budget crisis. They refuse to acknowledge the fact that spending a sh-tload of money on illegal immigrants is draining their economy.

At least Arizona's government system has some brain to implement this kind of law, and also ban ethnic studies that foster racial segregation and racial pride (i.e. hispanics).

Old 05-19-2010, 11:34 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,910,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I think Los Angeles and mayor Villaraigosa "put his money where his mouth is" by boycotting Arizona. Why would Los Angeles want to renegotiate out of its ownership of 2 power companies in Arizona?
So let me get this straight. Villar wants to divest LA from AZ just for the principal of standing against the AZ immigration laws, but then NOT divest itself from AZ property because LA actually needs it?!?!? Do you realize just how shallow and hollow this gesture sounds to the non-MSNBC viewer? I guess I don't see things through the Democrat Party script.

Also, doesn't Villar want to go green? Why don't they divest from the AZ power plants and use that money to build green power plants in LA? Nah, makes too much sense and doesn't conform to the Democrat Party script.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:03 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,519,543 times
I propose that in retaliation CA should stop AZ businesses access to ports in CA. Lets say nothing will be shipped to AZ through CA ports, no produce will be shipped to AZ from CA. People in LA can get electricity elsewhere but what will the desert folks in AZ do when they don't get food from CA and find empty shelves in Walmart? The fact is: CA has little to lose by boycotting AZ but AZ will be in deep doo-doo if CA takes the boycott seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration