Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2010, 11:27 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times

Advertisements

Do I have your vote?
Not really running, but if I were, I am the candidate.
This is hypothetically written

Taken from an appearence in Los Angeles .........Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, my name is John Doe, and I am entering the race for president of the united states.
I belive it is high time we had a person in the white house that is on the side of the american people.
For way to long we have heard from the washington bueracrats dictating what they think is good for the country
Their wayward policies have brought this country to the brink of economic, and moral bankrupcy.
We americans deserve much better than what we are getting.
The time is at hand for someone to step up to the plate and deal with the many problems this country is faced with, one of which will be my main focus during this campaign.
We have heard over the years, tiny soundbites about immigration reform.
That subject usually starts with the word "comprehensive".
What is comprehensive?
The dictionary defines it as understanding.
To date a "comprehensive immigration" reform plan has not even made it too first base.
I feel the reason for that is quite simple, no one in congress can agree on anything, nor do they comprehend the enormity of the problem.
Members of congress are not listening too the people.
They are out of touch with the populous.
Immigration is a complex problem, and complex problems require a full understanding of what caused the problem.in the first place.
With that knowledge, one can come up with responsible , and plausible alternatives and solutions.
Our current administration promised change.
If I recall, during the president's campaign before he was elected, the words "change we can belive in" were thrown about as freely as one would throw rice at a wedding.
What this country needs is change that is for the sole betterment of the nation as a whole, not change that caters to a select few, or a select portion of the populous.
I can stand here before you today and tell you that I am one honest american who sees many problems within our great country, but I also see we are a nation of doers, movers and shakers, and I refuse to belive that our many problems cannot be solved.
It is in our heritage to act for the betterment of our nation.
We can, and should learn from history.
We must be willing to sacrafice for those things we hold near and dear.
Sadly we have become a nation of sheep, we no longer lead.
We expect the government to solve all our problrms, both economic and social.
We as a people MUST be more involved in the affairs of this great nation.
We MUST elect those people who have our best interest in mind and deed, and no where is this more important than in those we elect to serve us in the nation's capitol.
The once powerful nation that the rest of the world looked up too and respected, has sunken to near oblivion when it comes to international policy.
We have somehow lost that superior nation among nations status which was so prevalent in the past.
We have sat back and allowed it to happen.
We MUST have a strong unshakeable foreign policy, and the resources to back up those policies.
The time is now at hand when we have to say enough is enough.
As I stated earlier, immigration reform will be uppermost in my agenda.
I can tell you now, as I stand here before you, if I am your next president, I will veto any immigration bill that comes to my desk if it contains anything even remotely resembiling amnesty.
I will not pussyfoot around, and do a political dance disguised as immigration reform.
In my administration, there WILL be immigration reform, and it will be geared toward the rights of the american citizen, not the other way around.
As President, my first official duty will be to sign an executive order baning any and all aid to illegal aliens through out the country.
Secondly,as commander in chief, I will order the military to be sent, in large numbers, to our borders, both northern and southern to protect the sovrigenty of this great nation.
Thirdly I will issue an executive order to nationalize this country until such time as the illegal population has been cleared and deported from this country.
I will instruct the department of homeland security to take the reins in this gigantic effort.
Working closely with the department of immigration , it will be their sworn duty to uphold the immigration laws of this nation.
Fourthly, I will instruct the secretary of homeland security to go after employers through out the country that employ illegals, and see that those firms are fined heavily, and that they be placed on a probationary period of three years , during which time they must file monthly reports to the department of homeland security, detailing their operation as it pertains to employment.
For way too long,the enforcement of immigration laws have taken a back seat to the lobbiest groups that have sprouted up through out the country.
I will, as your president do all in my power to put an end to this needless practice of catering to special;ized groups, and focus on what is good for america, and americans.
One way or the other, as president I will put an end to the illegal immigration in this country, and will not rest until it is done..
I will instruct my staff to find ways to counter any, and all petitions from those that seek to dismantle our governing system of laws.
On another point, I would like to briefly discuss the other problems facing this great nation.
Our tax structure is a complete mess, and needs a drastic overhaul.
Far too many businesses are leaving the country in favor of countries where they can enhance their profit margine and do away with government restrictions.
As president I will instruct my comerce secretary to formulate a plan aimed soley at making it profitable for business to remain in the united states.
I would insist that coporate tax reductions and incentives be a critical part of any plan.
On the personal level, income tax on individuals must be re-organized.
It is estimated that here in" 2011", aproxmately 45% of the population pay no income tax at all.
Taxes paid by wealthy americans needs to be studied, and plans developed to bring their tax scheduel in line with current econonics..
Recently a health plan was passed by congress despite the overwhelming objection by the majority of americans.
One of my duties will be to repeal that plan and work on a plan that will benefit the entire population..
As for the trillions of dollars of debt we have incurred, I will place a moritorium on further spending by the federal government, with the exception of the military, and national defense, until such time that the budget is brought under control.
]I will make it my duty and responsibility to see that pork barrel spending is brought to an end.
There are many more things I want to discuss with you, and will be doing so in the future.
One thing I want you to remember, I am running to be YOUR president, not congresse's, and not special interest's, and not lobbyist.
Thank you for your time, and God bless the united states of america

Some may wonder what is the meaning of this post.
I would answwer that perhaps this potential candidate is out there somehwere and may be thinking of a run for the whitehouse.
I for one would welcome a candidate with these views.

Last edited by CALGUY; 06-01-2010 at 12:29 AM.. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration