Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2013, 12:43 PM

3 posts, read 3,280 times

Advertisements

I recently quit my job due to my wife relocating with her job. My wife was a contractor for a company and she was going to be out of a job in December 2013. The company offered her a full time position in New Jersey. It is a great opportunity for her to finish her bachelors and the company will pay for it and encouraging to do it. This is a very good company and we plan on her working here until we retire. The only problem I had to quit my job and move to jersey. I filed for unemployment and now have a phone interview in a few days. Is there anything I need to know before the interview? Thanks for any response and information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 01:10 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,025,968 times
My advice? Be prepared for your claim to be denied since you left voluntarily.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:41 AM

I wasn't sure what to expect or what type of questions they ask. We were trying to make the right decision so my wife wouldn't lose an opportunity for full time employment. It just meant that I had to quit my job. With me working in Illinois and her in Jersey, that wasn't going to work out very well. Thanks again and I will find out in a couple of days.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:03 AM

1,131 posts, read 2,025,968 times
Your family's gotta go where the best overall opportunity exists. I don't blame you for packing up and going to NJ. That said, unemployment is to protect you when you've been terminated against your will for reasons other than your own misconduct. That's not the case here. The questions they are going to ask will largely be to determine the nature of your separation (voluntary/involuntary, misconduct/arbitrary).

Best of luck to you in NJ. Hopefully you'll land a good job there soon and it won't matter.

Last edited by madpaddy; 09-25-2013 at 08:11 AM..

Old 09-25-2013, 04:23 PM

I would like to go back to school. I haven't looked into any financial aid but would definitely need some help there as well. I graduated high school and then just started working. I know it's expensive and I am not sure about a student loan. I have been looking for jobs out here and a good one without an education isn't looking to promising. My resume is not very impressive either. I thought this would be the perfect time for me to go back but if the cost is too much then I will not be able to. thanks again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois