Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 02:13 PM

194 posts, read 362,021 times

Advertisements

There have been SEVERAL cases of Hoosier women who have experienced serious complications after having an abortion in Fort Wayne. Several of these women have ended up in the ER with sepsis after fetal remains were left inside their wombs or perforated uteruses. One young woman had to have a hysterectomy at the age of 20 and now is unable to have children. As a result of these incidences, the OBGYN who has had to treat many of these women testified in front of the Indiana Legistlature to aid passing an ordinance that would force any doctor that performs invasive outpatient surgery to have hospital admitting privileges. This ordinance will also hold these physicians accountable for quality of service and care and will provide professional oversight through peer reviews and quality assurance boards. This ordinance will not infringe on a woman's right to an abortion, so I have to ask, "What's the problem?" There are many who want to label this ordinance as anti-abortion. What do you think? While many pro-lifers support this ordinance, can't we all agree that this is about protecting people and not about the politics of abortion? Whether pro-life or pro-choice, why would one object to holding physicians accountable for their work and forcing them to uphold common sense, quality standards of care? Thoughts anyone???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 06:10 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
What if the hospital refuses to grant admitting privileges to the doctor? Some of these doctors have to travel to a clinic to perform abortions. It just adds another layer of bureaucracy and stress to the entire issue.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
What if the hospital refuses to grant admitting privileges to the doctor? Some of these doctors have to travel to a clinic to perform abortions. It just adds another layer of bureaucracy and stress to the entire issue.
If a hospital refuses admitting privileges to a physician, it would mean that he/she must not be adequate as a physician and therefore we as patients are being protected from an inadequate doctor.
I would rather travel to another city to get a procedure if it meant that I would be recieving better and more adequate care from a physician who was in good standing, had a good reputation and would be held accountable if I were to be injured in any way. At this point, the Fort Wayne abortionist has no one keeping records of his lack of adequate care and women are walking through the doors of his clinic completely unaware of his inadequacy. He performs abortions on Thursdays, goes home back to Chicago (where he has already lost his license due to shoddy work) and these poor women have no one to call for help, have no idea where to go for help and hospitals don't even know what to do with them. This ordinance would make mandatory that he have a 24 hour number a woman can call for help, admitting privileges to a specific hospital she can go to if there are complications and most importantly, accountability if he were to yet again hurt another woman. This is common sense!! If by chance this ordinance makes getting an abortion in Fort Wayne more complicated, isn't that better than another woman almost dying from sepsis or permanently losing her fertility?? Shouldn't our number one focus be protecting women from inadequate care??

Old 10-07-2008, 07:01 PM

64 posts, read 289,094 times
Unhappy My True Story

I believe that this must be passed. Why? Because I have had two abortions in Fort Wayne. Even though I have not had the doctor that the clinic has now, I still suffered. On both I was not given any pain medication or anything to help with the pain before the procedure. You do not have the choice to be asleep. You go in, lay down, and they use a long needle to open the cervix. When they did this, I thought that my ear drums would burst! I have never felt so much pain in my life! When I told them about this, they said to just breathe. Both of them felt like a 1,000 very sharp kinves cutting the inside of me. There is no IV even though you lose a lots of fluids. You lay there for a couple of hours and they let you go. On the first one, I walked home by myself, passed out, vomitted, had a huge headache, and a fever. The second one, I couldn't get out of bed for 2 days. They don't tell you that you should have someone with you for the first 24 hours and they don't inform you that you should take in lots of liquids or get help if it gets worse.

I am now pro-life but understand that every woman has the right to decide. However, as women we should all stand up, no matter what side we are on, and agree that women should have good care after an abortion. I am upset that my sisters (women) on the pro-choice side feel that this is to stop the clinic from operating. It makes me sad that we have to fight for everything and they don't see or want care for the woman after the procedure. Here's the secret they don't want you to know...the doc that they have here is not an OBGYN doc. He was not properly trained to do abortions.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyfw View Post
I am upset that my sisters (women) on the pro-choice side feel that this is to stop the clinic from operating. It makes me sad that we have to fight for everything and they don't see or want care for the woman after the procedure. Here's the secret they don't want you to know...the doc that they have here is not an OBGYN doc. He was not properly trained to do abortions.
Not only is he not an OBGYN, he can't even practice in his own city. Check out the following site to read about the other women he hurt in Illinois before he lost his license there.
http://realchoice.0catch.com/library/weekly/aa032706a.htm

Woman also don't know that there is currently a lawsuit being brought against him by a woman he once again left fetal remains in causing sepsis! Worst of all, the Fort Wayne clinic wasn't even regulated until July of 2007!!! Up until then, a person saw more regulations in a tattoo parlor than this abortion clinic!! The clinic has since moved locations, but you are able to go view the old clinic to see just how crummy and unsanitary it was!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana