Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 05:30 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,074,604 times

Advertisements

We're thinking of moving to the Louisville area and would like to live in a nice area where the schools are mainly White students. (sorry, not trying to offend anyone). I hope you understand this. We're not from the area and don't want our son winding up in the 'hood.'

Sellersburg popped up in our search. If anyone knows about this area or lives there, can you tell me more about the schools/people/whatever.
Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2007, 06:26 PM

3 posts, read 15,496 times
Thumbs up good schools!!

i dont know if you have checked Corydon Indiana but it is only 20 mins from Louisville..the school is small, safe, and clean..Coydon is a small town and you can leave your doors unlocked at night..i wouldnt but it would safe if you did..i grew up there..good luck

wooten

Old 03-17-2007, 07:21 PM

92 posts, read 500,098 times
You're so ridiculous. Please stay in New York - or at the very least, stay away from Louisville.

The last thing the Louisville area needs is racist New Yorkers.

Old 03-17-2007, 07:25 PM

Excuse me sir, I am not a racist. I currently live in an area with various races. However, moving to a new area, I would not know the safe places to live, so I asked.

By reading your other posts, you seem easily offended. I am sure if you moved somewhere you would want the best place where your children could feel comfortable.

Thanks for your POV.

Old 03-17-2007, 07:37 PM

Easily offended? Just calling a spade a spade...or a racist a racist.

And you're simply a racist. Get over it - people are gonna call you out on it. The fact thet you even have to say "Please don't get offended!" says a lot.

It's like the arguement, "I'm not a racist, I have black friends!" Uh huh. Right.

Get real and stay in New York.

Last edited by LouisvilleJake; 03-17-2007 at 07:48 PM..

Old 03-18-2007, 07:40 AM

I refuse to get into a flaming war with YOU. Anyone who wants to see how 'helpful' your posts are can see them. You insult one woman by calling her child 'slow'. (go ahead and edit now...)

It's not racist for a black man to post in one of the forums where he would feel most comfortable or where biracial couples would be more comfortable but it is because I want to have my child attend a mostly white/non ghetto school? You need to get real and stop being a troll.

Old 03-18-2007, 01:52 PM

Oh, GypsySoul - your racism is showing when you automatically assume that white schools are not ghetto.

To be half serious with you for a moment, I have to say this; if you were even halfway good at hiding your racial bias, you would find a tactful way to ask questions and get the answers you want.

Instead of saying something like, "My family is middle class and we are looking for an /older inner ring suburb/newer outer ring suburb/inner city neighborhood/or insert type of neighborhood here/ that shares our values and general economic situation with good public school options for our young children" you go straight for the "I HAVE TO BE IN A WHITE AREA ONLY!" You do realize that middle class areas can actually have a large portion of black/asian/hispanic families, and mixed schools actually can be be good, right?

However, you don't care about that - you want a white-only area. You're racist. Stay in New York.

Oh - and I love how you call me a troll for saying that someone child is slow (which I stand by and won't edit, but thanks for the suggestion!) when that woman has only 3 posts, and all are devoted to saying Louisville's education system failed her. And she is still blaming JCPS for her now college-aged childs academic shortcomings? GET SERIOUS. Her child has obvious problems, most parents are just blind to that and are more than willing to blame anyone except themselves and their families.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:26 PM

Jake, enjoy your life. I have nothing left to say to YOU.

[quote=wooten7681;468175]i dont know if you have checked Corydon Indiana but it is only 20 mins from Louisville..the school is small, safe, and clean..Coydon is a small town and you can leave your doors unlocked at night..i wouldnt but it would safe if you did..i grew up there..good luck

wooten[/QUOTE

I've been looking at it. Can you tell me if the kids STAY in Corydon for school or are they bused? I would like to find a town that has the kids in the same district/school as where I live unlike some places in KY.

Old 03-18-2007, 03:33 PM

Well, best of luck Gypsy.

Corydon fits your needs perfectly! Small town, historic downtown (was the first state capital city of Indiana), commutible to Louisville, and exclusively anglo-european! It's a sure fit!

If you research Harrison County, Indiana you will find that there are (I believe) only two school districts - Corydon Schools and Harrison County Schools. As long as you live in Corydon proper your tiny baby precious will attend Corydon Central. If you live "in the country" your tiny baby precious will have to drive a little farther to a county school - such as North Harrison HS - but still in the same distrct. And don't worry, both districts are almost nothing but whites with a "small-town" mentality. (I don't mean to offend! )

I am sure you'll be as gleeful as a pig in a wallow there! Happier than a fly on stink!

(They're just sayings, ya know!)

Old 03-18-2007, 04:41 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,747,626 times
I really don't know what to say to posts like these, but yes, with your mentality, I am very surprised you live ANYWHERE near NYC. Sadly, you will be able to find like minded individuals in certain areas around here. So yes, Sellersburg would be an EXCELLENT fit for you. I would stay away from New Albany because I hear they have blacks, and I hear Clarksville has mexicans. Actually, better yet, I think you would in heaven in Shepherdsville or Mount Washington, KY which are newish exurbs of Louisville in Bullit County. The schools are pretty good and you can bet will be 95% white. Hopefully those ghetto blacks don't make it out there, right? Unfortunately, there are still people in those areas with your mentality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana