Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 11:46 AM

4 posts, read 15,464 times

Advertisements

I have seen a lot of posts regarding Carmel/Fishers. After reading posts here and considering our current situation we decided to narrow our search to Carmel only.

Does anyone know good neighbourhood in the 250 - 300 range in carmel. We are looking to construct a new home and so far liked "Heather Knoll" (was M/I before and will be Arbor Summit series now), "Stanford Park" (Ryland), Trail at Hayden Run (Arbor).

Did we missed anything decent in our budget? Also with this price range should we be looking more into existing homes rather than builing new one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 12:03 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
I'd go Ryland ..

Old 09-04-2008, 12:09 PM

Thanks for your reply domergurl. We liked Ryland house, but the lot is very small and very close to neighbours. Heather Knoll has somewhat bigger lot. Do you have any idea on Heather Knoll ??

Old 09-04-2008, 05:00 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2carmel View Post
Thanks for your reply domergurl. We liked Ryland house, but the lot is very small and very close to neighbours. Heather Knoll has somewhat bigger lot. Do you have any idea on Heather Knoll ??
No, not really, I just like Ryland houses better than Arbor. It really boils down to how the neighborhood feels to you guys. You can pretty much live anywhere in Carmel and have a great school.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:21 PM

86 posts, read 295,817 times
From an investment POV, I would highly recommend either looking at existing homes or builder spec homes right now with the current market conditions.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:12 AM

Thank you for your replies.

The one in Heather Knoll neighbourhood is M/I homes and have not heard a lot about them, does anyone have any idea about them. We like Ryland homes better too atleast in terms of quality in our price range.

Any other neighbourhood/builder in our price range ??

Mike we are also looking at existing homes right now and seems to be liking couple of those too.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:48 AM

5 posts, read 19,652 times
Default movetocarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Taylor View Post
From an investment POV, I would highly recommend either looking at existing homes or builder spec homes right now with the current market conditions.
Hi, my family will be relocating to carmel too and i am looking at some of the carmel neighborhoods. Do u have any idea about Yorktown Woods by Beazer? Is Beazer a good builder? Do u have any ideas on any builder spec homes?

Old 10-17-2008, 02:51 AM

5 posts, read 19,652 times
Default movetocarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2carmel View Post
I have seen a lot of posts regarding Carmel/Fishers. After reading posts here and considering our current situation we decided to narrow our search to Carmel only.

Does anyone know good neighbourhood in the 250 - 300 range in carmel. We are looking to construct a new home and so far liked "Heather Knoll" (was M/I before and will be Arbor Summit series now), "Stanford Park" (Ryland), Trail at Hayden Run (Arbor).

Did we missed anything decent in our budget? Also with this price range should we be looking more into existing homes rather than builing new one?
Can u pls let me know what's your finding now? Already bought a house in Carmel? I am looking for one too and in the same price range as yours. Schools are important but i guess with carmel, you can't be wrong with any schools there, that's what i heard. That's why i want to stay here now...

Old 04-20-2009, 06:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,933 times
Also try Westport Homes @ Heather Knoll. They have some big lots, great floorplans and higher quality than Arbor.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:23 AM

308 posts, read 1,041,878 times
In this economy, I'd go with an existing custom home instead of the builders you're referring to... Carmel & Westfield both have very nice subdivisions in that price range with well-built existing homes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis