Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2015, 10:17 AM

153 posts, read 245,848 times

Advertisements

I'm from the usa but i been out of the country most of the time and use yahoo in the other country with no issues. Recently i came back to the usa for a bit then tried to log into my yahoo email and it said its first time i log into new location etc so i figure no big deal. However, it ask me to confirm this but clicking a phone number to confirm it. I did but the issue is the number that is shown... it only show the last few digits of the number... i never used that number ever. No idea where that number even comes from.

So how do i log into my yahoo account? I have my username/password but its just the they saw my location is different. Then couple with the fact that i saw the phone number isn't one i ever used.

I called the yahoo phone number but apparently everything is done only? It does ask me security question but i cannot get it right. I put in a few answers that i thought is the answer but none of them work.

Anyone know how i can fix this issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 10:55 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,158,324 times
Sounds like someone took over your account. You probably can't get it back now.

Old 10-11-2015, 11:14 AM

You mean because I clicked on that phone number?

Old 10-11-2015, 11:18 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,282,394 times
They got the number from somewhere. Is it possible that you had that number, but a very long time ago? Do you have a rescue email? Sometimes email providers will have you link a secondary email in case you forget your password.

I actually don't know what you do if you know the login information, but the telephone check is incorrect. Does yahoo have a support Forum?

Old 10-11-2015, 10:45 PM

I also found out that phone number was an old phone number that i no longer used. Thus its not a different number.

So where do i go from here? Basically i cannot sign into my account because it says it has to send confirmation code to my old phone number and that number i no longer have access to. I did not put another email address as backup.

The support is online but it basically gets me back to the same place...

Old 10-12-2015, 01:12 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,282,394 times
Well, I found this, but I can't verify that it is legitimate and actually connected to Yahoo. If you think about it, Yahoo would not have a support site unconnected with www.yahoo.com. In other words, the yahoo support number site is probably not connected to Yahoo and can't help anyone, but I'm placing it here just in case since I can't tell on my phone.

Yahoo Support Number(1-800-675-8136)Yahoo Phone Technical Support

I also found this on Yahoo's site.

Yahoo help > account > Password/sign in > Unable to access yahoo email [OR unable to sign in]

The first link below should work for you, but you may need to remove the "io." I suspect that refers to iOS.

https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/in...S&y=PROD_ACCT#
https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/in...e&locale=en_US

Old 10-12-2015, 05:52 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,158,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Well, I found this, but I can't verify that it is legitimate and actually connected to Yahoo. If you think about it, Yahoo would not have a support site unconnected with www.yahoo.com. In other words, the yahoo support number site is probably not connected to Yahoo and can't help anyone, but I'm placing it here just in case since I can't tell on my phone.

Yahoo Support Number(1-800-675-8136)Yahoo Phone Technical Support
I would be wary of any information on that support number site, because it's not owned by Yahoo. It could be a number designed to scoop up your personal information for identity theft purposes.

There's some good advice in this article: http://gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com/...line-accounts/ I think you should approach this as if your account has been taken over by someone you don't know and use the advice there to proceed as if it is a security issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet