Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2015, 05:34 AM

1 posts, read 977 times

Advertisements

When i try to send a document with send email from ms word, lotus notes does'nt open and i have an error message
LOTUS NOTES MAILMAN ERROR

All help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2015, 07:15 AM

2,563 posts, read 3,684,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botrel View Post
When i try to send a document with send email from ms word, lotus notes does'nt open and i have an error message
LOTUS NOTES MAILMAN ERROR

All help would be appreciated.
Lotus Notes? Didn't IBM buy them about 20 years ago? Are you trying to use a 20-year-old program? Or does IBM still call the program "Lotus Notes"?

Old 12-14-2015, 06:56 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John7777 View Post
Lotus Notes? Didn't IBM buy them about 20 years ago? Are you trying to use a 20-year-old program? Or does IBM still call the program "Lotus Notes"?
They call it notes now. Silly me, I use and like Evernote.

Old 12-15-2015, 12:28 PM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
They call it notes now. Silly me, I use and like Evernote.
Well, that's helpful. In no way at all. The OP could indeed be using LN from 1997.
Lotus Notes is an email program, not a note keeping one, like Evernote.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:10 PM

4,451 posts, read 6,801,295 times
In the rare chance the 1 post poster returns:
IBM Lotus Notes MailMan Error: Invalid Pointer - United States

Old 12-19-2015, 02:16 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Well, that's helpful. In no way at all. The OP could indeed be using LN from 1997.
Well, the op has not returned since posting. Additionally, the op really didn't provide enough detail to answer the question. It appears your post offers even less advise.

If, in fact, it was the 1997 version... The tool that far exceeds this site and your expertise, Google. Or if it his employer requiring use of notes, there should be someone who is a lotus guru.

Fiend any sort of snark towards me, try offing something. My solution works across several platforms, is modern and is supported.

Last edited by SD4020; 12-19-2015 at 02:27 PM..

Old 12-22-2015, 04:50 AM

5,674 posts, read 5,885,028 times
Company I contract for use to use Lotus Notes for everything! My inventory database is still in Lotus Notes, as well as some of our shipping paperwork. We had our email on Notes as well. We still have inventory and shipping on Notes, but we have gmail for our email now, and its a joke compared to Notes email. Our email was simple, no extras to slow it down, on and on......They are currently trying to do away completely with Noted, and I'm sure when Google comes up with a way to do my job, Notes will be history, and Google will basically control the company!

Old 12-22-2015, 06:50 AM

2,151 posts, read 1,356,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
There's nothing in the OP that indicates that the software being used is from 1997. There's no need to throw out random assumptions that in no way help the OP.

Old 12-22-2015, 08:31 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Well, the op has not returned since posting. Additionally, the op really didn't provide enough detail to answer the question. It appears your post offers even less advise.
I wasn't trying to help the OP. I was pinting out your useless advice. Clearly the OP was talking about Lotus Notes, the email program. Not a note taking program like Evernote.

Quote:
Fiend any sort of snark towards me, try offing something. My solution works across several platforms, is modern and is supported.
Huh? I think I get the gist of that first paragraph. As to the rest, again, CLEARLY he was using the email program Lotus Notes. Lotus Notes has not now nor ever been a "Note taking app" like Evernote. That was not a solution.

Quote:
There's nothing in the OP that indicates that the software being used is from 1997. There's no need to throw out random assumptions that in no way help the OP.
Another helpful reply. I really wasn't trying to help the OP if that isn't obvious by now.

I spend a lot of time around here helping people. I would say I am pretty well respected and knowledgeable. I also have an uncanny knack of knowing when these single posters will never return.

Yea, I may get snarky from time to time when people are the opposite of helpful. I apologize if your reply irked me a bit because it was totally off point and not helpful. I do apologize that I got snarky with you, SD4020. You were trying to help, too.
For the record, Evernote and Lotus Notes are not even closely related.

But that happens sometimes, and can you really blame me? I spend a lot of time here offering excellent help for people for exactly zero benefit to myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet