Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 12:43 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,716 times

Advertisements

So over a year ago I got into a hobby, (making hip-hop beats),. I decided what better way to promote myself other than Instagram & YouTube. After over a year on Instagram of not only posting my own stuff on a regular basis, but reposting other people's stuff, commenting on other's pics and using hashtags I've come up with a measly 34 followers. The most likes I've ever had for a pic or video was 20. How is it some people have less than 100 posts yet thousands of followers? YouTube is also a joke. I use hashtags and video descriptions and can't get hardly any views. Also, my Instagram is linked to my Twitter but Twitter may as well not even exist because I get nothing from it. The few people that do comment like stuff all say positive things but I'm not attracting hardly anybody. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2016, 01:05 AM

61,734 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Did you check online tips how to increase your view count on your YouTube ?

https://www.google.com/search?client...37.UhIvEYBxx1o

Old 12-15-2016, 09:47 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
Maybe people just don't like your stuff?

Old 12-15-2016, 09:50 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Maybe people just don't like your stuff?
Like I said I haven't received any negative feedback. I have a friend that bodybuilds. He doesn't compete he just lifts to look good. He posts a pic of him posing in the morning and pic of him posing in the evening on Instagram. In one year he's gotten 10K followers

Old 12-15-2016, 11:45 AM

61,734 posts, read 87,147,355 times
6-pack beats hip-hop beats, obviously!

Did you check the links I posted? There are ways/settings for improvement...

Old 09-22-2018, 11:45 PM

41 posts, read 14,877 times
First of all, you should check with yourself what is the purpose and stick to it. If you unable to accomplished it, this will lead you in disturb your mind and health. Social media is a kind of addiction and you should use it as required. Just an advice!

Old 09-24-2018, 09:45 AM

2,347 posts, read 3,334,876 times
Simply too many...WAY too many people posting their "me too" stuff.

Too many uploaders, not enough eyes. Your content may be "good" or "adequate". But given the amount of competition for views and interaction, that simply isn't good enough. It isn't. You have to be spectacular.

That's really all there is to it.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:15 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,057,967 times
Youtube is now the new cable television, what a horrible hosting site they have become.
And now they want payment for blocking smartphone political ads etc.
Umm, no...will use vimeo etc from now on.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:07 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,102,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
So over a year ago I got into a hobby, (making hip-hop beats),. I decided what better way to promote myself other than Instagram & YouTube. After over a year on Instagram of not only posting my own stuff on a regular basis, but reposting other people's stuff, commenting on other's pics and using hashtags I've come up with a measly 34 followers. The most likes I've ever had for a pic or video was 20. How is it some people have less than 100 posts yet thousands of followers? YouTube is also a joke. I use hashtags and video descriptions and can't get hardly any views. Also, my Instagram is linked to my Twitter but Twitter may as well not even exist because I get nothing from it. The few people that do comment like stuff all say positive things but I'm not attracting hardly anybody. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
Those people are following hundreds of accounts and then unfollowing them all once the people follow them back. Some people actually buy fake followers. SMDH and now with the new algorithm, if you have a smaller account, your posts are getting seen. I built up my followers by commenting on posts I like. I would comment on 20 posts every hour or two and people would follow me. It works but it takes a while.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:35 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Like I said I haven't received any negative feedback.
That doesn't mean YOU'RE GOOD!

Share it here. Let's check you out. Maybe we can offer some real advice if we see / hear you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet