Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 07:29 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,261,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
Cindi,

Is there anything Specific you want to watch?

Think of video(TV) on the internet like going to the movie stores of days gone by. You have a huge selection of pre-recorded stuff to choose from. Youtube, since you've used that, is a great example. But it's not "TV" as most people think about it. It isn't Live with minimal delay (there are some exceptions), you don't get the morning talkshow thing that goes on for hours, or continuous news. You can find all the different news Clips, but not all of it strung together for you.

So, having a Specific show, or want, will help in finding what you want. Once found, we can deal with how to watch it where you want.

Personally, I don't bother anymore. I stopped paying for TV in 2012, don't have access to even 1 single over-the-air channel and have grown used to the TV being off. I don't find any desire to "watch" anything, and what little I do watch anymore, when my wife wants something, is so bad we usually end up turning it off completely or reverting to one of a small number of rerun shows. I find my life to be better without TV, there are zero negatives to not having it. I never would have believed that before 2012 (or even up to about 2015), but it's true today.
Thanks. I am using the internet, and I think I'd rather have it than cable anyway. The shows on cable (except for Dr. Oz and a few others) are inane. OK, I like the judge shows. I haven't tried Dr. Oz or Dr. Phil on the internet youtube, maybe they're there, but right now I am enjoying Jack Benny shows. :-) Thanks for your answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 01:47 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,471,110 times
I could spend hours on YouTube, and honestly, that's probably where I DO spend most of my internet time other than looking at forums online. You, honestly, can find a lot of old stuff on YouTube, but don't give up on Roku just yet. If you're into classic programming, there are a lot of classic TV channels that you can add to Roku. It's funny, though, we currently have Cable TV again, yet I find myself watching Antenna TV more than anything else. I still love watching 70's, 80's, and 90's sitcoms.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:29 PM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
and there's a YOUTUBE app for Roku.

Old 01-23-2018, 04:10 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,380,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
Thanks. I am using the internet, and I think I'd rather have it than cable anyway. The shows on cable (except for Dr. Oz and a few others) are inane. OK, I like the judge shows. I haven't tried Dr. Oz or Dr. Phil on the internet youtube, maybe they're there, but right now I am enjoying Jack Benny shows. :-) Thanks for your answer.

Here's a link to the Dr Phil show. They have full episodes available:
Dr . Phil TV Show : News, Videos, Full Episodes ... - TV Guide

Watch full episodes of Dr. Phil and get the latest breaking news, exclusive videos and pictures, episode recaps and much more at TVGuide.com

Old 02-07-2018, 09:01 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,510,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
Yes, you're right, the website was confusing for me. I did manage to get some news from the CBS website, not quite like the news on TV, but it was OK. I wound up watching Judge Judy on youtube and I really enjoyed that, so I might just look for other shows there. Thanks for your comment.
I watch Judge Judy on YouTube sometimes myself. I love her!

Love the
episode featuring John Lydon, aka Johnny Rotten.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:15 AM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billielbert View Post
I also dont know what is CBS, any one has an idea.
Perhaps because you live across the globe? Somewhere in India? We, locals have pretty good idea what CBS is...

Old 02-07-2018, 09:56 AM

3,565 posts, read 2,116,572 times
You can go down the kodi route and install some dedicated free apps, from which you should be able to watch a range of programs from anywhere around the world.

Just be aware that some Kodi apps are illegal in some countries due to copyright infringements, but there are legal ones that should provide what you're after.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:31 PM

8,072 posts, read 8,370,078 times
Just get a Roku. Tons of free apps for movies, retro TV, news, tutorials, lectures, etc.

Old 02-13-2018, 06:46 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,576,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zola View Post
You can go down the kodi route and install some dedicated free apps, from which you should be able to watch a range of programs from anywhere around the world.

Just be aware that some Kodi apps are illegal in some countries due to copyright infringements, but there are legal ones that should provide what you're after.
+1, i like ustv-vod.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:00 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,915,817 times
yep +1 kodie with ustv
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet