Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2010, 10:20 AM

522 posts, read 1,856,056 times

Advertisements

YRCW changed overnight to YRCWD. So price has changed from $.25 a share to $6.25 a share.

Will this cost reflect in your brokerage account? Or is this temporary? I heard that the stock symbol will convert back to YRCW at the end of the month.

What does a reverse stock split do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 11:25 AM

630 posts, read 1,874,738 times
Exchanges have requirements for stocks to stay above a certain price for period of time,otherwise they face a "de-listing",and will go on the "pink sheets",on which trading is very light.A reverse split is never a good sign for a company.It will not affect you tax wise as your will just own less stock at a higher price.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:05 PM

692 posts, read 3,142,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcmotort View Post
YRCW changed overnight to YRCWD. So price has changed from $.25 a share to $6.25 a share.

Will this cost reflect in your brokerage account? Or is this temporary? I heard that the stock symbol will convert back to YRCW at the end of the month.

Usually it Does You In ....

Normally it means Get off at the next EXIT !! and don't look back.....

Old 10-01-2010, 04:34 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
They have been mentioning this for a while. Once they appreciated 15 to 20 cents, you could have sold them.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:05 AM

73 posts, read 288,895 times
In my experience the new higher stock price falls just like it did when it was lower priced. I'm no expert on this but I think as someone else touched on once they get delisted bigger funds and things wont buy them, even sometimes just if they are under say $4 or so. Anyhow, they do the reverse split to bring the stock price up so they dont get delisted and so institutional investors will buy it.

Generally the price continues to fall after the reverse split. I would say if you can get out breaking even do it. I recently had a stock do a reverse split. It started to fall and I kind of jumped the gun and sold for a small loss. The stock has continued to fall and I would of lost more had I held however I jumped the gun b/c it did have a few bounces and I could have got out without taking a loss if I had waited a week.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:06 AM

2 posts, read 5,650 times
So what if on the 28 oct, YRCWD revert back to YRCW? Will the no. of shares be like what you've bought initially?

Old 10-22-2010, 09:21 AM

2 posts, read 5,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windli View Post
So what if on the 28 oct, YRCWD revert back to YRCW? Will the no. of shares be like what you've bought initially?
Like from 10000 shares to 400 shares, will it be revert back to 10000 shares again if the symbol revert?

Old 10-22-2010, 09:34 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
I would read the post by silverfox again.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:24 PM

14,478 posts, read 20,657,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcmotort View Post

one advantage is it increases the liquidity.
Also alot of money managers and institutions can not buy stocks under $5. Some are forced to buy stocks once they reach $5.00

Reverse splits aren't always reversals of fortune - CNET News
"Since it's done for purely cosmetic reasons and doesn't change a company's finances, the market knows it and the company gets penalized. Most companies end up seeing their stock prices continue to slide," said Pamela Peterson, a finance professor at Florida State University and co-author of a 1992 research report, "A further understanding of stock distribution: The case of reverse stock splits."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing