Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 01:07 PM

162 posts, read 430,481 times

Advertisements

Ok I know my question is odd, but this is my situation and it sucks. I have a small 401K account from a previous job with WellsFargo (the bank I was working for was bought by Wells Fargo a while ago so I was technically a WellsFargo employee for a short while).
I'm finding it excruciatingly difficult to manage that account. The online access stopped working. They want to do everything by phone, but talking on the phone is hell for me. They have no other way (chat or local person to talk to). I have been trying to roll that account out of there into an IRA and every time I get the run around when I get on the phone with them.
I would prefer to find a local (Phoenix area) investment firm that i could go talk to face to face. They also need to be able to help me roll over my money from those SOBs.
I have considered online brokers, but of course they would have to be available for help via live chat or something, otherwise I'd be in the same boat.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Oh btw, my insurance agent (State Farm) says I can open an IRA with them, but I have a feeling that just might not be the best deal. They're good at insurance, but this is not their specialty so I'm guessing I could find better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 01:13 PM

9,317 posts, read 20,996,996 times
Fidelity Investments has a "Chat" on there website (and it works well with real people) 3 Phoenix walk-in centers, and there website says they have TTD number.

Directions to the Investor Center (http://branchlocator.fidelity.com/branchlocator/search/FindDirectionsToCenter?keyId=348&lat=33.580601&lng =-112.236702&street=&city=Peoria&state=AZ&zip=&rever seFlag=0&geoCodeFlag=1&radius=50 - broken link)

Old 12-01-2011, 01:54 PM

162 posts, read 430,481 times
Thanks, I was reading some reviews about Vanguard and they sound a lot like what I want as far as good investment management, but accessibility and customer service sounds horrible and very backward (no online chat). I think I'll check out Fidelity.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:18 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,254,914 times
Suzi Ormond recommends rolling 40iK into ROTH when employers stop putting their share into the 401K. Unlike the 401K you can't lose any money in ROTH; its no-risk - according to Suzi. We always invested in IRAs because it was safe..

Jusr a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing