Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 05:07 PM

36 posts, read 167,005 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]Give me some advices, thanks.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Stop investing in stocks to apply for medical or continue as a stock trader at home?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]-I have BS degree and experience in Quality, Safety, Environment and Health management system for over 5 years. One day, I learned bout stock market just to get more knowledge and then I liked very much. I invested all my saving money in stock and thought that it was a place to keep my money (I still had a job with salary monthly) That was in my home country. I had never “seen” any stock in case of bankruptcy. I was successful in stock investment for 3 years.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]-Another day, I moved to USA and had children. I have had no job since coming to USA because of caring for my newborn children. With the same thought, US stocks market was the place to keep my money (saved from my home country) because I was busy with my children under 4 years old and repairing my house by myself). Just some months after I began to join us stocks, I lost $25,000 in 1 month for 2 bankruptcy (AMR and MF). I began to be more careful and learned a lot from US stocks market. I took out $25,000 for saving (in that, $10,000 from my friend. . .) in order to get $0 trade. Now I feel very confident in stock trading but I just have $7,000 for investing with $0 trade fee. That is all my property. My family has low income. My husband doesn’t want me to continue to play stock and ask me to apply for medical because I have not had health insurance for myself. I think a lot what I should do now.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]+I love to play stocks as stock trader at home in order to have time for my children[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]+I can’t afford to pay for health insurance I need apply for medical. My family is quality for medical, but I tried to do on my best to “avoid” medical, but I was unlucky![/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]+Maybe, the best way is applying for medical but my brain will be gone down . . . .. . US stocks market is very interesting![/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 02:42 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,964,842 times
It sounds like your fascination with the stock market is more similar to gambling instead of investing. With that being said, put your family first and stop putting money in the market. If you are interested, invest a small amount $2,500 or less and "play" with that. I turned $2,000 into mid-high $100,000's in 8 years. If you you keep running out of money in your account, you need to eventually realize, stock investing isn't for you.

Old 09-01-2012, 12:10 AM

4,287 posts, read 10,769,895 times
No offense, but it sounds like you are losing a lot of money and dont really know what you are doing.

If you borrowed $10,000 from a friend to invest in the stock market, I suggest repaying your friend immediately...

Old 09-02-2012, 06:31 AM

4,246 posts, read 12,027,479 times
I'm thinking you need to get a J.O.B. and tell your husband to get a better one if you're low income.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:08 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
Quit playing the stock market. Get a decent income going and then invest in something that is managed by a professional, like mutual funds (in the form of a Roth IRA or something else).

Old 09-06-2012, 05:54 PM

21,136 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Only invest what you can afford to lose.

...because you just might.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing