Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 09:22 PM

373 posts, read 483,283 times

Advertisements

AAPL went up too much too quickly. And there's no good reason other than Senor Carl's letter. I would not buy it now.
My target were $125 mid year and $140-150 end of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 09:34 PM

24,410 posts, read 27,001,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ2 View Post
AAPL went up too much too quickly. And there's no good reason other than Senor Carl's letter. I would not buy it now.
My target were $125 mid year and $140-150 end of the year.
Are you an Oracle? lol @ the mid year and end year guesses.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:46 PM

Is Apple - the largest corporation in the world - worth 8% more in mere one week? Did Apple invent any new product? Did It sell more Iphones last week? The QE was available on 1/27 and no real news came around after that date.

The price of $118-120 was the real deal. The current price...now that's a fairy tale.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:59 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,581,592 times
Quote:
The price of $118-120 was the real deal. The current price...now that's a fairy tale.
You might be right; however, fairy tales can last a week, a month or even longer.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:18 PM

A PE ratio of 17 isn't bubble territory and considering their growth rate, it's more than fair, but you can short it, go ahead lol.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:05 PM

It's a big, matured company. Even a conservative 20% (of 700 billions) = 140 billions. Any idea how to get there? The iphone 6 and 6+ are no doubt popular. (I also have it.) But do you realistically believe Iphone 6/6+ sales will not slow down the further you go into 2015? Apple Pay and Apple Watch are still in their infancy.

Believing in "Apple magic" is not investing; it is fancy thinking.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:06 PM

Weren't you the one who thought GoPro and Tesla are good investments?

Old 02-13-2015, 11:37 PM

@ MrQ2:

lol, I love it when people like you question my investments or trades because the numbers speak for themselves. Did you short these so-called idiotic stocks? Hmmm... yeah, how's that going for you?

1) AAPL is up over 320% from 5 years ago (yes, fantasy investing, what an awful investment)

2) TSLA is up over 750% from 5 years ago (yes, what an awful, awful investment, those idiots who bought it. With that being said, I haven't been bullish on it lately because it's been trending down since Sep/Oct)

3) GPRO, I said GoPro makes the best product in its field, but wouldn't be a good investment (however, it's still up over 10% from its first day's closing price)

Last edited by bmw335xi; 02-13-2015 at 11:59 PM..

Old 02-14-2015, 12:08 AM

I, myself, is long AAPL. You still haven't gave me the answer regarding how Apple can grow this rapidly other than pure magic or destroying its cash reserves on buyback. One of the thing I worry from people like you is that they help the bubble that is followed by a spectacular crash.

It's a shame that the are other "investors" who brought TSLA after you have brought it. I can also make tons of money in a pyramid scheme if I am one of the early investors. That does not make any pyramid scheme a good investment.

At least we both agree that GPRO is not a worthy of investment.

I am just wondering, how much return did your portfolio generate in the last five year? I have a gut feeling that it is less than the common indexes.

Old 02-14-2015, 04:14 AM

Quote:
I, myself, is long AAPL. You still haven't gave me the answer regarding how Apple can grow this rapidly other than pure magic or destroying its cash reserves on buyback. One of the thing I worry from people like you is that they help the bubble that is followed by a spectacular crash.

It's a shame that the are other "investors" who brought TSLA after you have brought it. I can also make tons of money in a pyramid scheme if I am one of the early investors. That does not make any pyramid scheme a good investment.

At least we both agree that GPRO is not a worthy of investment.

I am just wondering, how much return did your portfolio generate in the last five year? I have a gut feeling that it is less than the common indexes.
You and me are tiny dots in the grand scheme of things. It's important to know that, so instead of trying to guess the unknown, we should just go with the flow and act accordingly. Think of it as being a parasite that sticks to the market forces. If AAPL is going up, stick to it and ride up with it, when it starts going down, then jump off or if you're feeling confident short it. So, I really don't care what Apple has to do to continue going up while maintaining a decent valuation. I actually don't care about valuations much because the stock market cares more about momentum, growth, and potential. If you want some answers, there is wearable tech, interactive tv, cars etc, so there are still many growth possibilities for Apple. Here is a little article about Apple might be creating a car to compete with Tesla, it would explain why Apple has been trying to recruit Tesla employees.

Apple reportedly working on electric car to challenge Tesla - SFGate

I don't think you fully understand how the stock market works. You call it a pyramid scheme, while I call it accepting reality for what it is and trying to capitalize on it. My portfolio in the past 5 years, geez that would be difficult to figure out because in the past 5 years I've switched from Scottrade to Ameritrade to Charles Schwab to now TradeKing. I've beaten the common indexes by MILES, I know that much. However, as much as I would like to pat myself on the back, it would be hard not to beat the indexes by investing/trading the way I do considering how strong the market has been the past 5 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing