Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 02:37 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,190,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic_donna View Post
You ate not buying a stock, you are buying a company. How do you feel about the growth of the company? I am a long term holder of Amzn.
I think Amazon is a monster and has a bright future but if their employees vote yes on unionizing there’s no question the share price is going to take a short term hit. I’ve been in and out of amzn for years. Last sold following 2020 Q4 ER and I’ll plan on buying back again at the end of March if they announce that they voted down unionizing. Until then I’m staying away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2021, 02:39 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,401,207 times
The thing about AMZN is that they are only limited by what they chose to do or not do. They can pretty much enter almost anything they want to and dominate. However they need to avoid anti-trust so have to be careful. Looks like they are going to eat Teladocs lunch next.

Old 03-17-2021, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
The thing about AMZN is that they are only limited by what they chose to do or not do. They can pretty much enter almost anything they want to and dominate. However they need to avoid anti-trust so have to be careful. Looks like they are going to eat Teladocs lunch next.
Funny you mention TDOC because I bought my first shares this morning on the dip at $183.40.

Old 03-17-2021, 04:44 PM

2,603 posts, read 2,291,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Town View Post
I think Amazon is a monster and has a bright future but if their employees vote yes on unionizing there’s no question the share price is going to take a short term hit. I’ve been in and out of amzn for years. Last sold following 2020 Q4 ER and I’ll plan on buying back again at the end of March if they announce that they voted down unionizing. Until then I’m staying away.
I was a union worker, and believe unions are needed for a large employer like Amazon. The stock might take a short term hit, but that’s about it.

Old 03-17-2021, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic_donna View Post
I was a union worker, and believe unions are needed for a large employer like Amazon. The stock might take a short term hit, but that’s about it.
Agree on both accounts

Old 03-18-2021, 07:57 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,401,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Town View Post
Funny you mention TDOC because I bought my first shares this morning on the dip at $183.40.
Well at least you have Woods on your side. She also bought the TDOC dip. I think TDOC will do well that stock has been nice to me over the past two years. I use ARKK for stuff like that now which of course is down quite a bit lately. I am building a house and don’t have time to babysit my shares so use Woods ETF for the TSLAs of the world.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Well at least you have Woods on your side. She also bought the TDOC dip. I think TDOC will do well that stock has been nice to me over the past two years. I use ARKK for stuff like that now which of course is down quite a bit lately. I am building a house and don’t have time to babysit my shares so use Woods ETF for the TSLAs of the world.
Walgreens stock got crushed a few months back when Amazon’s online pharmacy became live. I didn’t buy the dip and look at WBA since that drop in late November. Clearly, the market overreacted to the Amazon news. I’m expecting the same here with TDOC.

Old 03-18-2021, 09:28 AM

9,406 posts, read 8,374,416 times
Quote:
Not entirely true. They can't get into the pharmacy indus......oh wait. Ok, they can't sell cars.......crap. Well, they certainly can't sell groceri.........uummmm, no. How about movies??? Yes, they can't create and sell movies! Oh wait, Prime Video.

Yes, they can virtually do anything.

Old 03-18-2021, 09:31 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,226,396 times
Life Pro Tip: check the prices on spices at Amazon. I can buy and have delivered a half to a pound of most spices for about the same as the little spice jars at the grocery store. Life changing for cooks like me.

Old 03-18-2021, 10:54 AM

[Mod cut]

That poster was agreeing with you. Anyways, I stand by my post yesterday that AMZN isn’t moving until the end of March. Might even provide investors with another entry sub $3000 here soon.

Last edited by elnina; 03-20-2021 at 07:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing