Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2011, 06:47 PM
jds jds started this thread

162 posts, read 456,744 times

Advertisements

Hi there! I live in Cedar Rapids now and Im looking to move south. I was curious what are some nice apartments in a nice neighborhood in Iowa City or Coralville. I prefer Iowa City so if someone can point me in a good direction that would be awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 06:33 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,424,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jds View Post
Hi there! I live in Cedar Rapids now and Im looking to move south. I was curious what are some nice apartments in a nice neighborhood in Iowa City or Coralville. I prefer Iowa City so if someone can point me in a good direction that would be awesome!
jds, can you give more specifics? What size and price range are you looking for? Close to downtown, in a student area or away from students, need quick access to any particular part of town or way out of town?

I can probably recommend a couple areas, if not specific apartment complexes, if I have a bit more to work with.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:46 AM
jds jds started this thread

162 posts, read 456,744 times
I would say 1 bedroom and close to downtown would be nice but Id be fine living a little bit outside of downtown but Id like to live in Iowa City! I would like to pay less then $750 for rent if possible

Old 04-13-2011, 10:22 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,424,905 times
I've rented from Parson's properties before...check out their properties near Ellis Ave and on Ridgeland Dr. They are just on the west side of the river and an easy 15 min walk to downtown. They are right next to some frats, but those places are quiet other than during rush week in the fall. The rest of the neighborhood is nice single-family housing. They also have some properties on the east (downtown) side of the river as well. Good landlords, too. Parsons Properties - Iowa City rental properties

Heritage property management has a large number and variety of places, so you might check them out to get an idea of prices in different areas. I know they manage some condos out near my place on the south west corner of IC (great location, but not very walkable to downtown) Heritage Property Management - Welcome!

The U of IA's database is probably the best resource for the type of apartments you are looking for: University of Iowa Off Campus Housing Service - Home

Hope that helps!

Old 04-21-2011, 06:40 AM

9 posts, read 19,911 times
Rent in Iowa City is going to be pretty high. You might be able to find a 1 BR for $750 but I'm not sure how great it will be. I'd look on craigslist and try a website like aptsdowntown.com to see what's available. When I lived in IC, the websites of property mgt companies like Keystone and River City were how I looked for places. I really think you'd get more for your money in Coralville or even the west side of Iowa City, but it depends on what you're looking for (amenities/space versus location).

Old 04-26-2011, 06:35 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,199,461 times
are you looking for walking distance to downtown? Otherwise you can find nice things all around Iowa City or Coralville.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:14 AM

9 posts, read 48,132 times
right now is the best time to find them.
Come down to the city right now. Since UI is letting out for the summer all the houses/duplexes/condos/apts have signs up on the street with phone numbers. Bring your cell phone and NEGOTIATE. You can find everything right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City