Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2009, 09:14 AM

586 posts, read 2,185,278 times

Advertisements

I took some recent photos of the more notable commercial centers in Coralville, including what their town center project and Coral Ridge Mall.

Coralville is big on streetscape enhancements and dressing up intersections with plantings and decorative limestone boulders. Coralville's success in beautifying their roadways and development projects should be looked at as a model example of what every city in the state of any size and means should be emulating. To me, this is one of the most unique attributes for what is otherwise a pleasant suburb of Iowa City.

An example of one of the many welcome-type entrances into the city from I-80:
[img]www.pbase.com/image/114868362.jpg[/img]

The Coralville Town Center includes the wildly popular New Pioneer Co-Op:

City Park with fountain:

Public Library:

New commercial project proposed for the Town Center:
http://www.plazaon5th.com/admin_tools/images/rendering_1.jpg (broken link)

A few other commercial buildings on the "Coralville Strip", leading Iowa City into Coralville and the Coral Ridge Mall:

Coral Ridge Mall is eastern Iowa's premier shopping destination. It includes a children's museum and indoor ice skating rink.

Beautiful main entrance into mall property from I-80

Next up is the Iowa River Landing, which could be slated as one of the key commercial redevelopment sites in the entire state when it starts to fill in and is rivaled in quality by the Port of Dubuque redevelopment.

Other random commercial developments north of I-80:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 11:19 PM

267 posts, read 1,231,733 times
Great photos! I particularly enjoyed the pictures of the Iowa River Landing project, I haven't been there since the condos and restaurants were built and it looks like it might be a pretty nice development when some other stores move in.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:43 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,754,759 times
DMRyan, how dare you post pictures of somewhere outside Polk County! Your forumers would not like that.

Iowa City has an area that resembles West Glen...oh no, the madness, shouldn't be allowed! and it's actually liberal, unlike Des Moines!!!

Old 07-13-2009, 05:09 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,033 times
That looks HIDEIOUSLY expensive.

Somebody cut a nice government check for all that crap.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:32 AM

23 posts, read 122,226 times
Thanks for posting the pics, I actually hope to move to Coralville, so it really helped me get an idea of how it looks.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:34 PM

2 posts, read 8,352 times
Great photos! You know you will need to come back and take more pictures because Coralville has added more now! 1st ave is looking great so far. Can't wait until everything is finished they have been working hard on this project and all that hard work is paying off, it looks great.
It always feels good to drive back home after vacation. You really do notice the difference, streets are clean, everything is kept up nice. I always see Quality Care working hard on the Land scape near the turn about on Holiday road. They do a great job. Its nice to see a lot of local companies working on the roads instead of out of town workers. I am glad to call Coralville my home.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:52 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,196,693 times
where are all the people!

Old 08-04-2016, 09:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,329 times
hello form the best kept secret in the nation. (cleveland o.h.) i will be going this weekend to visit. hope i get cheers from your friendly people of coralville. wish you well and success in your accomplishments. sincerely from our friendly city (cleveland o. h.) to yours
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa > Iowa City